OCI - Washington DC Tracker

I sent my passports along with my son's passport and the PIO card on 10/26 to DC, and it was received on 10/27. I included the $20 money order instead of the self addressed envelope. I am yet to receive my passports back. Should it take this long? I emailed them but got no response.

Anybody with a similar timeline?

I sent my passports along with my son's passport and the PIO card on 10/26 to DC, and it was received on 10/27. I included the $20 money order instead of the self addressed envelope. I am yet to receive my passports back. Should it take this long? I emailed them but got no response.

Anybody with a similar timeline?

I am still waiting for our passports back, and starting to get seriously concerned. Numerous calls to the embassy have gone unanswered. Closing in on 3 weeks since they got the passports and still no sign of getting them back. Please let me how long its taking for others to get their passports back.

I am still waiting for our passports back, and starting to get seriously concerned. Numerous calls to the embassy have gone unanswered. Closing in on 3 weeks since they got the passports and still no sign of getting them back. Please let me how long its taking for others to get their passports back.

I am surprised at the lack of responses...I cant be the only one going through this and with this timeline.

Sorry if I sound desperate, because I am....;)

Not sure what advice to give... I'm waiting for the website to change with the confirmation that my docs that were shipped from Delhi on Nov 3rd have been received @ DC. Can't believe that it's taking nearly 2 weeks for mail to reach US from Delhi.

I suspect that everyone is busy with PM's visit next week so processing has gone for a six!

I am surprised at the lack of responses...I cant be the only one going through this and with this timeline.

Sorry if I sound desperate, because I am....;)

Finally OCI Status updated

My Status shows Recd @ Washington update now; I mailed my US passports to the Embassy yesterday since it was more than 2 weeks after they had dispatched it from Delhi.

Now the waiting game for receiving back the OCI+passports+canceled Indian documents starts!

My Status shows Recd @ Washington update now; I mailed my US passports to the Embassy yesterday since it was more than 2 weeks after they had dispatched it from Delhi.

Now the waiting game for receiving back the OCI+passports+canceled Indian documents starts!

Congratulations! You will receive them in 5-7 business days.

OCI Passport Not Received - Washington

Hi there -

I have mailed the passports of my kids on 10/23 and received at OCI cell on 10/26/2009 . we have not received the passports yet. Is there any thing that I can do about it or just wait and pray God. We need to go India in 3 weeks from now.

OCI Details

Registration Status

Granted On 19-SEP-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-SEP-2009
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 22-SEP-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 23-SEP-2009
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 01-OCT-2009

Please share your thoughts

Regards

Looks like you waited too long to send in your passports.

"Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 01-OCT-2009
Passports sent 23-OCT-2009??"

Start praying! After praying hard, you can also call/email the embassy but it almost impossible to get hold of anyone useful there.

Hi there -

I have mailed the passports of my kids on 10/23 and received at OCI cell on 10/26/2009 . we have not received the passports yet. Is there any thing that I can do about it or just wait and pray God. We need to go India in 3 weeks from now.

OCI Details

Registration Status

Granted On 19-SEP-2009

Regards

It looks like the embassy can't find your OCI documents that delhi dispatched to the embassy. Just pray that they find OCI documents. They thought you didn't want OCI because you waited too long to mail your passports to the embassy. Is it possible for you to travel to the embassy and ask what the status is (you can show them your travel itinerary to them that you need to travel urgently)?

Hi there -

As others said, travel to the embassy and park there. If they misplace something, no timelines (for travel) are going to hold.

Check my timeline. I mailed our passports on 10/26 and they received it on 10/27. Only difference is our passports were mailed as soon as the documents were received at DC from Delhi, and we are still waiting. Be patient, I think DC embassy is now taking up to 4 weeks to return the passports.

Now there is a new twist. My son's OCI is granted on 11/18, over a month after mine. See the timeline in my signature for more details. All these days, I kinda assumed that his application was approved and his status was being tracked with mine. But I was wrong. I already sent both our passports and his PIO card to the embassy last month. Now I have to wait for his documents to be received at the embassy before they can send our passports back.

What a nightmare..:mad:

Hi there -

OCI Details

Registration Status

Granted On 19-SEP-2009

Regards

Did you check the status of all the applications? If even one of them is not granted along with others then that could be causing the delay. That is what seems to have happened in our case. Check the below post for more details.

http://forums.immigration.com/showpost.php?p=2126916&postcount=871

I guess you earlier didn't cycle through all your sequence #s on the website.... either way, you're about 2-3 weeks from getting your son's OCI at DC and since your US passports are there, you should be on track to get it within a month. Good Luck!

Now there is a new twist. My son's OCI is granted on 11/18, over a month after mine. See the timeline in my signature for more details. All these days, I kinda assumed that his application was approved and his status was being tracked with mine. But I was wrong. I already sent both our passports and his PIO card to the embassy last month. Now I have to wait for his documents to be received at the embassy before they can send our passports back.

What a nightmare..:mad:

Mailing OCI Application to Washington DC

Has any one had mailed OCI application recently to Washington D.C? I recently sent my application through Priority mail and looks like no one was there to receive the application. When I tried to track with USPS, they informed that the application will be sent back to me soon as no body has picked it up until now...

I am little frustrated with the process as USPS will send the documents back to me and I will have to go through the mailing process again..

Is there any number /email address that I can contact the embassy officials to at least let them know that my application was still pending for the pickup?

I could not find any information on the embassy website...

All along, I have been thinking that OCI process may take little bit longer, but looks like sending/receiving the OCI application process itself is tedious...

I dont know may be it is just me..the unlucky one..

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences..

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had sent it via USPS priority mail and it was received by the embassy fine. I find it odd that the embassy would not receive the package. Was it delivered on a holiday or a Saturday? Did USPS say why they would not accept it?

Finally received my OCI cards!

Here is my time line.

Date Of Acknowledgment 20-OCT-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 29-OCT-2009
Registration Status Granted On 04-NOV-2009
Documents Printing On 05-NOV-2009
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 06-NOV-2009
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 19-NOV-2009
PASSPORT sent to DC for OCI sticker - 18-NOV-2009
PASSPORT Delivered at DC - 19-NOV-2009
OCI DOCS Dispatched from Washington - 23-NOV-2009
PASSPORT Received with U - Sticker - 24-NOV-2009 :D

Has any one had mailed OCI application recently to Washington D.C? I recently sent my application through Priority mail and looks like no one was there to receive the application. When I tried to track with USPS, they informed that the application will be sent back to me soon as no body has picked it up until now...

I am little frustrated with the process as USPS will send the documents back to me and I will have to go through the mailing process again..

Is there any number /email address that I can contact the embassy officials to at least let them know that my application was still pending for the pickup?

I could not find any information on the embassy website...

All along, I have been thinking that OCI process may take little bit longer, but looks like sending/receiving the OCI application process itself is tedious...

I dont know may be it is just me..the unlucky one..

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences..

Thanks!

My application reached on a Saturday couple of weeks ago and a notice was left for pickup and the priority mail package was re-delivered/picked up on Monday. My suggestion would be to contact their local post office and request re-delivery assuming the next day is a working one for embassy. I know a couple of people from DC embassy and apparently they are extremely busy now a days because of prime minister's visit. Of course I am not defending the delay in pickup.