Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I just got a copy of recruitment instructions from my employer. What do you guys understand that "The required minimum recruitment period will begin on April 02, 2007 and will end on May 02, 2007" in my RI, does it mean an advertisement could be placed in a newspaper at any day during this period? Please share your point.

Last edited by a moderator:
elimination

we are doing a conversion from TR to RIR and have to send the package before april 1st.

On what basis could the lawyer reject some of the responses ? when the skill set is also matching.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

could somebody please help me on how to eliminate so many responses in two days ?

thanks a lot

For those who found their ad with AJB website, this means no RIR conversion. Your lawyer (or employer) will receive the package in a mail within the next week or so. For those who's interested what's in that package, read my post here: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=244220

The RI says to place an ad in a local newspaper of general circulation as soon as possible. I don't really kno why? (If someone has any ideas, please share.) We will place an ad this coming Sunday through Tuesday. My recruitment period is 3-30-07 thru 4-30-07.

In my case the AJB ad also does not have any special requirements, which are essential to my job. I'm trying to change it before recruitment period begins.

Well, guys, it looks like they have really begun working on TR cases, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

could somebody please help me on how to eliminate so many responses in two days ?
Let me ask you, how many did you get? And what state/area are you applying in?

I'm not a lawyer but I'd guess that the most important would be to see if applicant matches the education, skill and experience level. If they don't, this would be the first thing to use against them. Then, physical location of the applicant -- if they are not local, I'd bet on their unwillingness to relocate. And, thirdly, someone has to interview them and play it by ear. One other thing I'd also use is any Special Requirements in item 15 in ETA750 Part A.

One thing to remember is that you should state the true facts since DOL can verify all info simply by contacting them directly.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not a lawyer but I'd guess that the most important would be to see if applicant matches the education, skill and experience level. If they don't, this would be the first thing to use against them. Then, physical location of the applicant -- if they are not local, I'd bet on their unwillingness to relocate. And, thirdly, someone has to interview them and play it by ear. One other thing I'd also use is any Special Requirements in item 15 in ETA750 Part A.

One thing to remember is that you should state the true facts since DOL can verify all info simply by contacting them directly.

thanks for your reply. company got ~50 resumes. 30 have min qualifications (edu & exp).

HR person (is intimidated or slacking) and did not touch up on the 30 odd resume's skills.

"thirdly, someone has to interview them and play it by ear." is this mandatory for non qualifing candidates ? Or just she has to call the 30 odd persons and play it by ear?

thanks a lot,

and am in Dallas,Texas

company got ~50 resumes. 30 have min qualifications (edu & exp).
Well, I'm in a small city and I don't know the stats for big cities. Maybe someone here can clear it out? You see, as far as I know the number of applicants does not matter, what matters is the number of qualifying applicants, since only one of them can screw things up.

HR person (is intimidated or slacking) and did not touch up on the 30 odd resume's skills.
Well, I can understand that. It's a tricky situation. If you're on a good terms with your employer, tell them politely, not threatening anyone, that if you don't get your labor approved you will have to say good bye to them in a year or so (when your h1b expires), so if they need you it will deliver the point. Explain all in details. Also if its a small company, offer your help answering those 30 resumes. I don't say it'd always work, but at least you'd try. What's important is that someone responds those applicants.

"thirdly, someone has to interview them and play it by ear." is this mandatory for non qualifing candidates?
Again I'm not a lawyer and am just guessing here. What I'd do, at least touch base with those applicants. Now it's easy. Send them all a template email. With that your employer can show for DOL that resumes were rejected according to (some) legitimate reason and not just ignored.

When my supervised recruitment begins this Friday (3-30-07) I will keep you posted on the progress. Until that, Good luck!

Well, I'm in a small city and I don't know the stats for big cities. Maybe someone here can clear it out? You see, as far as I know the number of applicants does not matter, what matters is the number of qualifying applicants, since only one of them can screw things up.

Well, I can understand that. It's a tricky situation. If you're on a good terms with your employer, tell them politely, not threatening anyone, that if you don't get your labor approved you will have to say good bye to them in a year or so (when your h1b expires), so if they need you it will deliver the point. Explain all in details. Also if its a small company, offer your help answering those 30 resumes. I don't say it'd always work, but at least you'd try. What's important is that someone responds those applicants.

Again I'm not a lawyer and am just guessing here. What I'd do, at least touch base with those applicants. Now it's easy. Send them all a template email. With that your employer can show for DOL that resumes were rejected according to (some) legitimate reason and not just ignored.

When my supervised recruitment begins this Friday (3-30-07) I will keep you posted on the progress. Until that, Good luck!

dc2000. thats insightful. Appreciate your help and Good luck to you as well.

Thanks

When to get the hard copy?

Roddy,

Did you get the hard copy from the attorney? If yes, when?

Thanks.

Hello all,

As of yesterday my case status is Certified. I don't know details. I still haven't heard from my lawyer and I hope that this is not just an error.
My company converted my case to rir and sent the required documentation in the beginning of March.

See details about my case in my signature.

Good luck to you all.

Best wishes,
roddy

I'm not really a guru, but my suggestion would be to contact DOL asap and explain it for them (of course, I mean your lawyer contacting them.) It surprises me that people have lawyers that do nothing essential:mad: I don't have a lawyer and know more about my case than your lawyer evidently. In any case, make him/her call this number: Philadelphia BPC: (484) 270-1500, Dallas BPC: (214) 237-9111

hi dc2000, after i discuss with my lawyer finally he made a call to dallas BPC.
he told me no one answered or there was a way to leave a message.
again he called yesterday morning finally receptionist pickup the phone he said and asked him to call after three hours. he said he will call but hvn't heard from my lawyer lately.
wondering if you'd problem finding anyone when called.
thanks

TO all EB3 Fellows - What you can do to increase VISA NUMBERS

Call 1-800-417-7666 to support the STRIVE ACT of 2007. Tell the representative which section in particular you want to support.

Check out the TITLE V -VISA REFORM - SEC 502 is to increase the country limit. below is the link to what is STRIVE.

link to STRIVE ACT OF 2007 Pdf file - page 384
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...d.php?t=244264

VAGCwaiting
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original message From Hope 2007 Post,

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/...=244084&page=2

================================
Hi all,

The Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform (CCIR) has announced today (3/28) and Thursday (3/29) will be National Call-In Days in support of the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy (STRIVE) Act of 2007.

Here’s the official announcement:

Greetings,

Wednesday, March 28 & Thursday, March 29 are NATIONAL CALL-IN DAYS in support of comprehensive immigration reform.

Congressmen Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) and Jeff Flake (R-AZ) have just introduced bipartisan comprehensive immigration reform legislation. The immigration debate is moving forward and Congress needs to hear from you!

Call this number and follow the instructions to connect to your members of Congress:

1-800-417-7666

Tell your representative that we NEED COMPREHENSIVE IMMIGRATION REFORM NOW! Comprehensive immigration reform is the solution to fixing our broken immigration system, and now is the time to act. Families, workers, and communities across the country are counting on Congress to get it done, get it right, and do it now.

You can help make it happen with your phone call. JOIN THE EFFORT!

Source: http://www.knightopia.com/journal/?p=674
I hope all of you who encourage the STRIVE ACT 2007 would join the effort try to make this happen.
Thanks And Hope for the Best!
===============================

hi dc2000, after i discuss with my lawyer finally he made a call to dallas BPC.
he told me no one answered or there was a way to leave a message.
again he called yesterday morning finally receptionist pickup the phone he said and asked him to call after three hours. he said he will call but hvn't heard from my lawyer lately.
wondering if you'd problem finding anyone when called.
thanks
Listen, I don't know all the details of their phone answering technique. When my employer called DBEC, it was around 10 am PST, someone picked up the phone immediately and transferred him. He then had a chance to leave a message. Someone called him back within couple hours. That's what happened to me.

You can check that someone picks up the phone by calling yourself.

Listen, I don't know all the details of their phone answering technique. When my employer called DBEC, it was around 10 am PST, someone picked up the phone immediately and transferred him. He then had a chance to leave a message. Someone called him back within couple hours. That's what happened to me.

You can check that someone picks up the phone by calling yourself.

thanks i'll do that....

Finally got certified after around 4 years of waiting. This forum was really helpful for all this time. Good luck to all those who are still waiting for their turn.

Hello all,

As of yesterday my case status is Certified. I don't know details. I still haven't heard from my lawyer and I hope that this is not just an error.
My company converted my case to rir and sent the required documentation in the beginning of March.

See details about my case in my signature.

Good luck to you all.

Best wishes,
roddy

Congratulations!!

I have a few questions about LC SUB.

My labor was applied 2.5 yrs back to be exact. And it was applied in EB3 inspite of me at that time having 6 yrs of exp. I moved several groups during this and i work as a technical sales consultant. And i might get my labor in a few months is my guess.

But today morning my lawyer identified a case for LC SUB, but it says in the title S/w Engg or Consultant and it has Eb2 with Jan 2002 date. Which means if i get that i might get my GC in no time. Is it a problem accepting that with my title ? Secondly i got a position of Consulting Manager approved in the last few weeks and i must give my decision about that in this week. If i take up that position, still do you guys think i can get the LC SUB without a issue.

Let me know if anyone has been in this kind of a situation and what my options are.

My labor was filed in March 2005 and currently it is sitting in Dallas Backlog Center. I don't even know my ETA case number was the case was filed by my attorney and he argues that since the case actually belongs to my employer, so they are not going to tell me my case number.
Is there any other way of knowing the case number, in order to be able to check the status online?
Any ideas please? Would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Mine is, finally, after waiting for little less than 2 years, approved!!

Any pending cases from 2001 ?

Hi:

Are there any cases of 2001 which are not approved ? My PD is July 2001. My case is in WITHDRAWN state as per PDS website. My attorney tells me that there was a glitch with my case and it was placed back in the processing queue. However, the status has not changed to IN PROCESS. So I don't really trust my lawyer. I'm really concerned abt validity of my application. Please share with me any related information you have.

Thanks for your help.