Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Four TR-RIR conversion request sent on March 23,2007. Three got approved on 6th April and the last one got approved on 9th April. All cases have a PD of March'2005 ( 1st to 3rd week ).

All the cases are in my company - not sure if these guys have an entry in tracker or not.

btw - the case still shows as TR.

Backlog center is Dallas.

Its a mix of EB2 and EB3 cases.

Labor approved

Well put Jwdkhan. However, I received email from my attorney just an hour ago that my RIR LC is approved and that they are proceeding with I-140. Things are not clear whether I still have time to do what you explained below -- get I-140 approved and then file for 3-yr extension.

Anyway, one thing at a time.

abzy2004 is probably beyond his 6th year H-1B. So the only way to get further 3 year extensions is with an approved I-140. He was hoping, instead of applying for a one year H1-B extension (which is the norm after 6th year H1-B), he would apply for I-140 Premium processing (which usually gets approved within 2 weeks if all goes well), as soon as his labor is certified. However he must be close to his deadline to file for his I-797/H1-B renewal and there's no word of the labor certification as yet and subsequent I-140 premium processing.

Just assuming the above scenario since I will be applying for my 9th year > 3 year extension later this year.

Well put Jwdkhan. However, I received email from my attorney just an hour ago that my RIR LC is approved and that they are proceeding with I-140. Things are not clear whether I still have time to do what you explained below -- get I-140 approved and then file for 3-yr extension.

Anyway, one thing at a time.

Congratulations :D. If you are not going to be out of status, i.e. you still have some time remaining on your current I-797/H1-B validity, then I would recommend going ahead and applying for your I-140 premium and finally filing for 3 year H1-B (so you don't have to go through this yearly hassle everytime). But you must take into account that your actual Labor Certification paper work might take upto 4 weeks to come in. And you cannot file for your I-140 PP without the original LC approval paper work (folks have had their PP cancelled without the original LC papers, please search forum for more info).

However once you have filed for your annual or 3 year extension, you remain in valid H1-B status for 240 days (as per my lawyer). So, if your H1-B is expiring soon, and you don't have time, go ahead with the regular processing (without waiting for I-140). But if you have about 7+ weeks, give the I-140 premium processing a try. Keep your fingers crossed and hope your LC paper work comes in quick (avg. 3 weeks).

Good luck :).

Labor Certified :)

Labor Certified

Friends, The online status shows that my case is certified.

Please see the details below. Only thing is the case status still says as TR Certified.

PD: 03/24/2005
EB3 Non-RIR
SWA: TEXAS
Case ID: D-05206-41xxx
45 day letter received 06/2006
45 day letter submitted 07/2006
TR to RIR Intent sent 01/2007
RIR Package sent around 24 of March 2007
TR Cerified 09-Apr-2007

Congrats... Happy for you and for myself ... Hopes are high

I sense mine should be in the next few weeks looking at the trend. i am also in the 05206-41's and my RIR package was sent in march 20's as well.

feeling optimistic after a long long time:)

Labor Certified

Friends, The online status shows that my case is certified.

Please see the details below. Only thing is the case status still says as TR Certified.

PD: 03/24/2005
EB3 Non-RIR
SWA: TEXAS
Case ID: D-05206-41xxx
45 day letter received 06/2006
45 day letter submitted 07/2006
TR to RIR Intent sent 01/2007
RIR Package sent around 24 of March 2007
TR Cerified 09-Apr-2007

www.immigration-law.com

Information from www.immigration-law.com:

04/12/2007: BEC Labor Certification Processing Update As of Mid-March 2007

* AILA's 03/15/2007 Liaison Meeting minutes reflect the following statistics:
o Total Cases Pending: 96,304
o TR Cases: Approx. 75,000 [Recruitment instructions and job order will be completed by Mary 2007]
o RIR Cases: Approx. 20,000 [Most of RIR cases expected to be completed by the end of April, 2007, except problem cases]
o Total RIR Conversion Received: 6,000
o RIR Eligible Determination Cases: 5,100

Certified!

Today, the status in the system shows Certified. Details in my signature. I dont know how long it will take to get the Certified papers. Good luck to you all.

May visa bulletin is here

http://www.immigration-law.com/

# India EB: No change other than EB-3EW retrogression to Unavailable.
# China EB: No change other than EB-3EX retrogression to Unavailable.
# Other Countries including the Philippines EB: Surprising progression of EB-3 for one year, EB-3EW retrogression to Unavailable, and EB-1 and EB-2 remain "current." Congratulations to the EB-3 waiters other than India, China, and Mexico.

Deba or ajkish - Did your lawyers get any email from DBEC confirming the approval or the lawyers just wait for the Original Ceritified document 3-4 weeks from the date it says certified online ?

Guys... Can you belive it...

This afternoon when i looked at the website, it still showed IN PROCESS. Hmmm... i wonder when that certified will come.

I am checking this site everyday, i cannot belive i am doing it.

My manager agreed to convert my case from TR to RIR and informed the lawyers. They (lawyers) started working on RIR conversion - placed job posting at my work site, local paper BUT they didn't sent the hold harmless email which resulted into getting me a RR. Anyway here is my current case status:

Job posted on AJB in March 2007
RR received in April 2007
Job posted in Local Newspaper April 2007 ( I think!)
Job notice posted at my work place in April 2007 (its still hanging, its more than 12 working days)
Job posting removed from AJB in April 2007

I'll try to keep you all posted on any new development.

One more thing online status says TR - In-Process

My PD = Feb 2003,
State = CA (SWA)
Type = Non-RIR(TR)
My case never got the oppurtunity to visit the Regional Office.

I am in the same boat as you!

Hi,

Did you mean to say Recruitment Instructions received in April when you say "RR received in April 2007".

The reason I ask is I am in the same boat. My lawyer started the conversion process but did not send HOld Harmless email.
Here is my story.

RIR conversion package sent 3/14/07
job posted on AJB 3/24/07
Recruitment Instructions received in April..

As you can see from my signature mine also shows up online as TR-In Process.

My lawyer also filed a conversion for a colleague (did not send hold harmless email for his case either), but his status changed to RIR-In process after 10 days of conversion package sent date.

Please keep me posted so that we can track whats going on with DBEC.

My manager agreed to convert my case from TR to RIR and informed the lawyers. They (lawyers) started working on RIR conversion - placed job posting at my work site, local paper BUT they didn't sent the hold harmless email which resulted into getting me a RR. Anyway here is my current case status:

Job posted on AJB in March 2007
RR received in April 2007
Job posted in Local Newspaper April 2007 ( I think!)
Job notice posted at my work place in April 2007 (its still hanging, its more than 12 working days)
Job posting removed from AJB in April 2007

I'll try to keep you all posted on any new development.

One more thing online status says TR - In-Process

My PD = Feb 2003,
State = CA (SWA)
Type = Non-RIR(TR)
My case never got the oppurtunity to visit the Regional Office.

DBEC RIR denying rate sky-rocket to 43%

I am really afraid by what i've seen. I am RIR at DBEC, looking at the most recent "Case_Status20070414.xls", from
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=161571&page=322&pp=15
i see weekly denying rate (deny/total weekly processed) go up from 4% in 2/18/2007 to 43% for 4/14/2007. My guess is: either DBEC is irresponsible to do mass declining to meet deadline, or the DBEC did a initial evaluation and put all those difficult cases to the last minute on purpose as they know we will appeal as soon as we get a NOF. PBEC RIR has the same trend for denying rate with 31% for 4/14/2007.

We can not sit and wait. Let us all talk to our lawyers/paralegals/etc etc, and report back what we got. Anybody know what actually happens in BEC please let us know. thanks.

Dear everyone,
The wait is over after 4 years. Yes. DBEC certified my case. I thank everyone who has been immense help. Also wish everyone get certified labour soon. Moving to I-140 forum
PD APR03/EB2/RIR

DBEC RIR Denied Rate is 3%

Rickjas,

I think you mis-read the statistics. The denied rate for RIR in DBEC is 3%.

TxTramDream
I am really afraid by what i've seen. I am RIR at DBEC, looking at the most recent "Case_Status20070414.xls", from
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=161571&page=322&pp=15
i see weekly denying rate (deny/total weekly processed) go up from 4% in 2/18/2007 to 43% for 4/14/2007. My guess is: either DBEC is irresponsible to do mass declining to meet deadline, or the DBEC did a initial evaluation and put all those difficult cases to the last minute on purpose as they know we will appeal as soon as we get a NOF. PBEC RIR has the same trend for denying rate with 31% for 4/14/2007.

We can not sit and wait. Let us all talk to our lawyers/paralegals/etc etc, and report back what we got. Anybody know what actually happens in BEC please let us know. thanks.

Waiting since March 1st

Looks like DBEC is not following any particular order to process RIR Conversions.

Rickjas,

I think you mis-read the statistics. The denied rate for RIR in DBEC is 3%.

TxTramDream

Txtramdream, i think you mis-understand between total denied rate vs. weekly deny rate. My finding is that DBEC RIR weekly deny rate (weekly deny/ weekly total processed) increased from 4% in the week of 2/18 to 43% in the week of 4/14. That means, for every two application they are processing now, two will get denied.

You are right.

Txtramdream, i think you mis-understand between total denied rate vs. weekly deny rate. My finding is that DBEC RIR weekly deny rate (weekly deny/ weekly total processed) increased from 4% in the week of 2/18 to 43% in the week of 4/14. That means, for every two application they are processing now, two will get denied.

I did misunderstand your first post. I guess I've never looked at the data in that way. It is scary to see this type of changes on BEC's behavior. If all the pending RIR cases are the ones that they will issue NOF (or have already issued NOF), does it mean that both BEC's not accepting 30-40% of the responses of NOF?

TxTramDream

LC status ??

Hi,

I received a letter from Dallas Backlog Elimination Center 3 months back stating that my labor has been certified. My lawyer has not received the approved labor yet. Can some one please clarify on this. Also can some one please let me know the web site where I can track the status of my case online.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: