1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

What is (EDT) ?

Discussion in 'Lottery Visas - DV' started by MuhammadElhag, Aug 11, 2012.

1. MuhammadElhag

MuhammadElhag New Member

DV 2014 Program-Online Registration
    Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

This is the paragraph I quoted from travel.st***.gov, talking about the applying deadlines for DV-2014, but I have a small problem because I cannot understand what is the EDT and how to convert it to my time zone.
    P.S. : I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I think it's GMT+2

If anyone could help me with this problem, Please tell me.
    Thank you so much.
  2. Sm1smom

Sm1smom Volunteer Moderator

EDT is Eastern Daylight Time. It is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. EDT is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). November 3, 2012 @ 12:00 noon EDT is November 3, 2012 @ 6:00 pm (GMT+6) Cairo time.

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00:00 Noon EDT UTC-4 hours
    Cairo (Egypt) Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 6:00:00 PM EET UTC+2 hours

You can use the following website to do a quick time conversion:

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/