• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What is (EDT) ?

MuhammadElhag

DV 2014 Program-Online Registration
Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

This is the paragraph I quoted from travel.st***.gov, talking about the applying deadlines for DV-2014, but I have a small problem because I cannot understand what is the EDT and how to convert it to my time zone.
P.S. : I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I think it's GMT+2

If anyone could help me with this problem, Please tell me.
Thank you so much.

EDT is Eastern Daylight Time. It is a daylight saving time/summer time zone. EDT is four hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). November 3, 2012 @ 12:00 noon EDT is November 3, 2012 @ 6:00 pm (GMT+6) Cairo time.

New York (U.S.A. - New York) Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00:00 Noon EDT UTC-4 hours
Cairo (Egypt) Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 6:00:00 PM EET UTC+2 hours

You can use the following website to do a quick time conversion:

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

DV 2014 Program-Online Registration
Online registration for the DV-2014 Program will begin on Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and conclude on Saturday, November 3, 2012 at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4). Instructions for the DV 2014 Program are not yet available, so please check back later.

This is the paragraph I quoted from travel.st***.gov, talking about the applying deadlines for DV-2014, but I have a small problem because I cannot understand what is the EDT and how to convert it to my time zone.
P.S. : I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I think it's GMT+2

If anyone could help me with this problem, Please tell me.
Thank you so much.