• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What are my chances? dv 2015, EU36xxx

Hello.
I submitted my papers on the 1st of August. They cashed the check.
I got the paper that says that am doing the biometric on Wednesday (8/26) and my number is available in august.

If i got that far does it mean that the I 485 i submitted is correct and has been accepted and has not been denied?

Thank you.

Answered on the AOS Thread.

Hello, i had my interview on Friday. I got approved. Thank you very much for your support.
I asked the officer about my wife in Moscow, he said that she should call to the embassy and give them my A#, because all information about the approval is there.
They did not give me any papers, but my case status got updated the same day.

When my wife called the embassy they said they dont have access to A# data.
We have three weeks left. Not bad.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Once again.
We got married before i participated in the DV lottery. And i put mt wifes name in it.
I am in the USA she is in Russia.

Now i have three numbers: 2015EU36xxx, A# and the receipt number MSC.
There are three places: KCC, USCIS and the Moscow embassy.

What we are trying to do is called Follow To Join DV lottery, right?
Where should i call and what should i say?

Thank you.

Once again.
We got married before i participated in the DV lottery. And i put mt wifes name in it.
I am in the USA she is in Russia.

Now i have three numbers: 2015EU36xxx, A# and the receipt number MSC.
There are three places: KCC, USCIS and the Moscow embassy.

What we are trying to do is called Follow To Join DV lottery, right?
Where should i call and what should i say?

Thank you.

First thing is your wife needs an appointment before the end of the month at the Moscow embassy - this is regarding an I824 Follow to Join. Get her to get an appointment ASAP.

The form is the I-824 and you can look into that - but use the time to call Moscow now

She has applied for the appointment and they want to know what is the appointment is about.
Who is supposed to fill the I-824? Me or my wife?

Thank you.

She has applied for the appointment and they want to know what is the appointment is about.

Thank you.

I can't believe you don't know more about this already (you seem to know less than I do and that is not enough!). You should have been prepared to file the moment your application was approved - and fully aware of what to do. Three weeks is a longshot anyway, but you might have able to do it if you were ready. According to the I-824 instructions you are supposed to file with the Chicago lockbox. Mom might know different.

Hello, i had my interview on Friday. I got approved. Thank you very much for your support.
I asked the officer about my wife in Moscow, he said that she should call to the embassy and give them my A#, because all information about the approval is there.
They did not give me any papers, but my case status got updated the same day.

When my wife called the embassy they said they dont have access to A# data.
We have three weeks left. Not bad.

I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Oh wow! Amazing! Congratulations on coming this far. How I wish you knew about asking the IO at the end of your interview for the possibility of submitting form I-824 on the spot for your wife's FTJ case. This is one of the reasons we encourage people to not create new/different Threads for AOS cases. Having everything posted on one Thread makes it easier to read about issues others are facing and how they're tackling them.

Thank you.
Of course i asked the IO about it. He said he could not do anything and could not give anything to me.
He said that i should give my wife my A# and the embassy will check it and see that i got approved and she is on the list.
I will call uscis and ask them.
Thank you.

Thank you.

You are supposed to fill out and submit the I-824 form on your wife's behalf. You'll pay a fee of $405 in order to file this form. You can either fill out the form and attempt a walk-in submission at your FO (seems like your FO isn't so busy), or you send it in using next day delivery courier since time is of essence. If you attempt a walk-in and they refuse to accept the form, you'll need to remember to ask them for the possibility of getting a copy of your own approval notice since you'll need to include it with the I-824.

While this is ongoing, your wife needs to be in touch with the U.S. embassy in Russia coordinating an appointment before Sept 30th.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-824.pdf

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-824instr.pdf