• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What are my chances? dv 2015, EU36xxx

Danil Netu

Hello, my name is Danil.
My number is 36xxx, it is available in august.
My lawyer has forgotten about my case a little, and now she says it's too late.
I am my own lawyer now.

Currently F1 opt status.
Submitted the $330 fee a week ago, have not received the acceptance email yet.
Completed the DS-260 online three days ago, no email yet.
Have all the papers, including the med exam, except the $330 receipt.
My spouse is in Moscow, Russia. So she will have to do the interview when (if) i am done here.

I know how to do the info pass for the local USCIS office.

I checked the timeline page and can see that i could have paid that $330 way before. It's my mistake.
Also, i see that the process takes from 3 weeks to 3 months.

I do not clearly understand what i can do from my end to make the process go faster, besides the "infopassing" appointments at the local USCIS office. What stages can i infopass?

What are my chances?
What can i do to improve the case?

Thank you for your help.

Hello, my name is Danil.
I am my own lawyer now.

Currently F1 opt status.
My spouse is in Moscow, Russia. So she will have to do the interview when (if) i am done here.

I checked the timeline page and can see that i could have paid that $330 way before. It's my mistake.

I do not clearly understand what i can do from my end to make the process go faster, besides the "infopassing" appointments at the local USCIS office. What stages can i infopass?

What are my chances?

Thank you for your help.

Another case of a clueless lawyer messing things up.

You still have a chance, since you are doing AoS. You don't have to wait for your DS260 to be processed, but it will need some basic level of processing (in my opinion) to facilitate the AoS case. This is different to CP cases. I would (if I were you) contact KCC and make sure that they will do the processing on your DS260. They have been telling some people that they are too late - which is correct for CP cases because those cases seem to have different DS260 processing.

You should be filing your I-485 ASAP. Go on the thread below and check out the spreadsheet linked from the very first post (to make sure you do everything right from this point). I think you may be wise to submit your case without the $330 DV receipt (for the sake of speed) - but see what Mom says about that.

Bottom line - you probably can still get your case through. I'm not sure you will have time to do the FTJ part for your spouse - but if that failed that would not be the end of the world as you could sponsor her. It would just take longer.

Here is that link. Make friends with Sm1smom. She knows more about DV AoS cases that anyone.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/

Another case of a clueless lawyer messing things up.

You still have a chance, since you are doing AoS. You don't have to wait for your DS260 to be processed, but it will need some basic level of processing (in my opinion) to facilitate the AoS case. This is different to CP cases. I would (if I were you) contact KCC and make sure that they will do the processing on your DS260. They have been telling some people that they are too late - which is correct for CP cases because those cases seem to have different DS260 processing.

You should be filing your I-485 ASAP. Go on the thread below and check out the spreadsheet linked from the very first post (to make sure you do everything right from this point). I think you may be wise to submit your case without the $330 DV receipt (for the sake of speed) - but see what Mom says about that.

Bottom line - you probably can still get your case through. I'm not sure you will have time to do the FTJ part for your spouse - but if that failed that would not be the end of the world as you could sponsor her. It would just take longer.

Here is that link. Make friends with Sm1smom. She knows more about DV AoS cases that anyone.

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2015-aos-only.7/
I hope you are right. It would, however, not be surprising if KCC should have stopped any DS-260 work by now. Without at least basic processing no case progress, even for AOS cases at this stage, I guess. Again, I do not hope so, it would be interesting to hear back on what KCC's response will be to this and related late DS-260's with AOS intent.

I do believe the OP has a chance of completing the process and getting his GC, considering the fact that in the days of the DS-130/DSP-122, a lot of selectees processing AOS didn't bother to submit the DSP-122 (the only form applicable to AOSers) talk less of the DS-130, which means KCC wasn't even aware of their intention to process their selection and they had no trouble completing the process.

We also have reports of AOSers who didn't submit the DS-260 form (since the introduction of the form), and they've equally completed the process. Some simply emailed KCC to indicate they will be processing AOS and KCC emailed back their 2NL without processing any DS-260 form for them.

Now, I'm not advocating AOSers should stop submitting the DS-260 form, as a matter of fact, I strongly encourage them to complete that part of the step. In this OP's case though, if my opinion had been sought prior to the submission of the DS-260 form, I would have suggested to not bother with the form and continue with the AOS process.

Hello, my name is Danil.
I am my own lawyer now.

Currently F1 opt status.

What are my chances?

Thank you for your help.

My suggestion to you would be go ahead and submit your I-485 package (of course you're aware I don't work for USCIS and you might be gambling with your $1070 AOS fee if you follow my advise), I do believe there's a good possibility of completing the process even if KCC doesn't process your already submitted DS-260 form. My instinct tells me though that since you're going the AOS route and there's really no processing involved with the DS form on KCC's part, they will eventually send you the 2NL letter contrary to what you were told on the phone.

Don't wait for the DV receipt, go ahead and submit your form, you can present the receipt at the time of your interview. Your spouse unfortunately will not be able to process FTJ from Russia, there isn't enough time for that. You will however have the option of sponsoring her later on down the road if you're able to get approved before the end of the FY.

My suggestion to you would be go ahead and submit your I-485 package (of course you're aware I don't work for USCIS and you might be gambling with your $1070 AOS fee if you follow my advise), I do believe there's a good possibility of completing the process even if KCC doesn't process your already submitted DS-260 form. My instinct tells me though that since you're going the AOS route and there's really no processing involved with the DS form on KCC's part, they will eventually send you the 2NL letter contrary to what you were told on the phone.

Don't wait for the DV receipt, go ahead and submit your form, you can present the receipt at the time of your interview. Your spouse unfortunately will not be able to process FTJ from Russia, there isn't enough time for that. You will however have the option of sponsoring her later on down the road if you're able to get approved before the end of the FY.
Interesting. Danil Netu, please make sure to keep us posted on the outcome of your case as it will provide insight for other latecomers with declared AOS processing intent - this is not to say that every one of these borderline cases will necessarily be administered with identical outcomes, of course. Best of luck to you personally!

Make friends with Sm1smom. She knows more about DV AoS cases that anyone.

Make friends with Sm1smom? :mad::mad::mad: You make me sound like some ogre

1352171918425.png

Hmmm, maybe this should become my new avatar :D:D:D

I have overnighted the papers today.
Without DV payment receipt, 2nd NL email and without copy of pay stubs.
But i submitted the letter from my employer and the I-134 signed by him.
Also, i added a letter from my self about the delay and the request Follow To Join for my wife, but i did not do any forms for her.
I will keep you updated.

I do want to be friends with Sm1smom!
How can i invest in our friendship?

Thank you.

p.s. there is a lawyer, he said he can call one of the local senators office for $2000. I don't think that i am very interested in his offer.

Also, i added a letter from my self about the delay and the request Follow To Join for my wife, but i did not do any forms for her.
I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

p.s. there is a lawyer, he said he can call one of the local senators office for $2000. I don't think that i am very interested in his offer.

I can also help you call one of the local senators office for $1000 - half the price the lawyer is charging :p

I will keep you updated.

Thank you.

Not sure why you opted to not include copies of your pay stub though.

The I-134 signed by your employer, is this done in the basis of being a friend/acquaintance or on the basis of employer/employee? Was your employer's W-2 or 1099 form included in support of the I-134?

Are you referencing the AOS spreadsheet Simon previously linked you too?

He is my employer.
Neither W-2 or 1099 forms were included.
Yes, i am referencing the AOS spreadsheet.
I am so dumb.

Will they accept the papers separately? Say, i f i send it tomorrow.

Thank you.

He is my employer.
Neither W-2 or 1099 forms were included.
Yes, i am referencing the AOS spreadsheet.
I am so dumb.

Will they accept the papers separately? Say, i f i send it tomorrow.

Thank you.

Your employer cannot provide you with an I-134, an affidavit provided/signed by a business organization is not acceptable, it has to be from a family member or a personal acquaintance. So you need to find someone else to fill out an I-134 for you and the person needs to give you the necessary documents to back up the claim on the affidavit.

No point trying to send out additional documents/paper at this stage, they will not be combined with what's already sent. Your options are either to try and stop the delivery of what you mailed out today, or simply wait until your interview date and present the right documents.

You need to pay closer attention to the spreadsheet though IMHO!

I got the confirmation receipt on Friday, the next day i sent the AOS papers.

Does anybody know what determines if the USCIS will request to mail them more documents or bring it to the interview?

Thank you.

Hello.
I submitted my papers on the 1st of August. They cashed the check.
I got the paper that says that am doing the biometric on Wednesday (8/26) and my number is available in august.

If i got that far does it mean that the I 485 i submitted is correct and has been accepted and has not been denied?

Thank you.