Waiting for Asylum Decision [Still Painful]

Hi,
I am so sorry to hear it.
I did my interview On May 10 2017 after three years waiting. and so far I am waiting for the result. My interview took 4 hours too which was strange.Could you please let me know what was your case and which state? Also when do you have to go to the court?
I applied in 2014 and I had my interview July 18th 2017 in Lyndhurst NJ, , 2 hours and 45 minutes last, I have to go back August 1st to pick up decision.

About a month ago I sent an email to the San Francisco Asylum Office to ask for the delay of my work permit and asylum case, since I did my interview in April and I was wondering when the results will come. I got my EAD posted to me so that thing was taken care of. I got the response that my case is in "Background check" .. I don't know how long a background check will take but my question is will they review my asylum case after my background check or have they decided and are just waiting for the result of background check!? Does anyone know about this?

About a month ago I sent an email to the San Francisco Asylum Office to ask for the delay of my work permit and asylum case, since I did my interview in April and I was wondering when the results will come. I got my EAD posted to me so that thing was taken care of. I got the response that my case is in "Background check" .. I don't know how long a background check will take but my question is will they review my asylum case after my background check or have they decided and are just waiting for the result of background check!? Does anyone know about this?

I absolutely know nothing about the normal procedure, but does it make some sense that if any case's just too weak to get passed then any further background check would sound like a waste of time?? I tend to think prob there goes into several filtering steps, and those failed to pass even the initial review then don't even earn background check chances....? Btw, which email you hit them up and can you share with us? Do you provide them your A number? b/c if no reference NO you offered then their reply looks more general thing. Good luck!

Based on all those info I've collected(still the sample too small to give any solid suggestion), those who get their results in two weeks have large possibility to get disappointed, yet the rest ppl who got delayed results really depends some got approved some don't.

Based on all those info I've collected(still the sample too small to give any solid suggestion), those who get their results in two weeks have large possibility to get disappointed, yet the rest ppl who got delayed results really depends some got approved some don't.

I sent an email to : SanFranciscoAsylum@uscis.dhs.gov

I provided my receipt number and in their reply which was about 3,4 weeks after I had sent the email, I saw my A number. So I believe they actually looked into my case and responded. Any how I hope I get a positive response sooner or later.

well I got the response recently and was told "my case is still pending",since my interview was even before yours (mine was taken in March),does that sound a little negative because I guess the "background check" nearer to the ending point of decision to be made?? anybody is welcome to have any comments here!

i

Hi psi-pao did you get your approval ?
Sorry, I just saw this, August 2nd I picked up my decision and it was denied and they give me a paper with all the information, they told me just to wait a year to receive my appointment with immigration judge,but in September I received my first hearing date was for last Wednesday October 4th, I have my second one for March 2018 .

Oh so sorry to hear this wich office was your interview and which date ?
Sorry, I just saw this, August 2nd I picked up my decision and it was denied and they give me a paper with all the information, they told me just to wait a year to receive my appointment with immigration judge,but in September I received my first hearing date was for last Wednesday October 4th, I have my second one for March 2018 .