• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Visa Bulletin May 2016

DV4ROGER

AFRICA 34,400
ASIA 8,000 (Nepal 6,200)
EUROPE 34,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 10
OCEANIA 1,100
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 1,175

How do i retrieve the 2nd NL (interview letter)? will it be available immediately a case number becomes current? AF301xx.

So why wouldn't they write "current" instead of faking a huge jump of 6000 CN in Europe ?!

We can only speculate - but it could have meant one of these things.

1. They were planning (or had performed) a second draw in those regions.
2. They are so clueless about their own data.
3. They are creating a public perception that EU and OC regions are still progressing.

My opinion?

1. Is not likely because those extra cases should show in CEAC by now (they don't) and we would have heard from someone with a higher number by now (we haven't).
2. Is not likely they can't be that inept.
3. This is my guess. Reasons are unclear, but it would reduce the constant questions from selectees in other regions asking why they are not being given those "spare" visa slots.

We can only speculate - but it could have meant one of these things.

1. They were planning (or had performed) a second draw in those regions.
2. They are so clueless about their own data.
3. They are creating a public perception that EU and OC regions are still progressing.

My opinion?

1. Is not likely because those extra cases should show in CEAC by now (they don't) and we would have heard from someone with a higher number by now (we haven't).
2. Is not likely they can't be that inept.
3. This is my guess. Reasons are unclear, but it would reduce the constant questions from selectees in other regions asking why they are not being given those "spare" visa slots.

I'm not so sure we would have heard from a second drawee by now - we hardly ever did before.
I guess one way to gauge if it's second draw or fake numbers - where I will disagree with you - is to see what actual visa issuance for the last few months is. If it drops right down to a handful - which would likely be of old cases being cleared - then I'll graciously admit I was wrong :)

I'm not so sure we would have heard from a second drawee by now - we hardly ever did before.
I guess one way to gauge if it's second draw or fake numbers - where I will disagree with you - is to see what actual visa issuance for the last few months is. If it drops right down to a handful - which would likely be of old cases being cleared - then I'll graciously admit I was wrong :)

OK - loser buys dinner. :)

I'm laughing about EU and OC. We are in a fairytale
Lol :D

Versions
1. Again, the programmer was drunk. In 2012, he had forgotten how to spin the wheel. In 2014 and 2015 he slept after a big dose of whiskey or beer. He woke up when 140,000 and 125,000, respectively, were selected.In 2016 he was with a hangover and was very angry with Europeans and Australians. Maybe they did not let him drink.o_O
2. Maybe it has driven a lot of Europeans. that tells us our formula for the calculation of quotas? But why did they hide - current.
I am personally inclined to version 1. But I have no quota, so it is doubtful.:)

Lol :D

Versions
1. Again, the programmer was drunk. In 2012, he had forgotten how to spin the wheel. In 2014 and 2015 he slept after a big dose of whiskey or beer. He woke up when 140,000 and 125,000, respectively, were selected.In 2016 he was with a hangover and was very angry with Europeans and Australians. Maybe they did not let him drink.o_O
2. Maybe it has driven a lot of Europeans. that tells us our formula for the calculation of quotas? But why did they hide - current.
I am personally inclined to version 1. But I have no quota, so it is doubtful.:)

LOL. Well your earlier statements about numbers were based on selections NOT quota - correct?

Hello Everyone,
I am from Nepal and I was a selectee back in 2014. My case number was 2014AS00009771. I didn't make it that time because final cutoff number for Nepal was 9500.
I have this one question that I would like to ask. I am now applying for student visa in one of the universities there in states, back in my home town lots of people are rejected in interview because they they show immigration intent while applying for student visa. As I was a selectee back then and and filled form.. DS.. something i don't quite remember its name now, anyways will this effect me in anyway from getting the student visa? Does it counts showing an immigration intent?

Thank You all in advance.

Hello Everyone,
I am from Nepal and I was a selectee back in 2014. My case number was 2014AS00009771. I didn't make it that time because final cutoff number for Nepal was 9500.
I have this one question that I would like to ask. I am now applying for student visa in one of the universities there in states, back in my home town lots of people are rejected in interview because they they show immigration intent while applying for student visa. As I was a selectee back then and and filled form.. DS.. something i don't quite remember its name now, anyways will this effect me in anyway from getting the student visa? Does it counts showing an immigration intent?

Yes the DS-260 form submission is a clear demonstration of an immigrant intent. You will need to demonstrate very strong ties to you home country in order to be approved for a NIV.

Hello Everyone,

Immigrant intent is assumed for almost all cases. The applicant has to show why they will not try to overstay their visa. The best way to do that is to show ties (family, job, responsibilities) back in the home country that show the applicant will want to return. So - most people that are denied because of immigrant intent have simply failed to make it clear that they will want to return home.

The DV lottery win (assuming you completed your DS230 etc) is one piece of evidence "against" you, BUT by itself cannot be considered as certain proof of "immigrant intent".

Hello people!
I want to ask now that the may visa bulletin is available and that my 2016AF0030000 falls umder june cutt off numbers, when can i send my package to apply for aos?

Hello people!
I want to ask now that the may visa bulletin is available and that my 2016AF0030000 falls umder june cutt off numbers, when can i send my package to apply for aos?

Good luck finding someone else, outside of myself of course (which I'm sure you will anyways) to answer your question since you've refused time after time to post AOS related questions on the applicable AOS thread as previously advised.

I suppose, as an admin, I could move the post myself, but I'm really not going to bother to do that.

**heading back to where I came in from**

Good luck finding someone else, outside of myself of course (which I'm sure you will anyways) to answer your question since you've refused time after time to post AOS related questions on the applicable AOS thread as previously advised.

I suppose, as an admin, I could move the post myself, but I'm really not going to bother to do that.

**heading back to where I came in from**
Hello!
I am sorry if I have done anything wrong on the forum but I really didn't mean to. To be honest I have no idea how forums work for the matter, I just saw that this discussion here was titled May visa bulletin so I thought that my question related to it. Please tell me exactly what to do to get answers and I hope the best for everyone :)

Hello!
I am sorry if I have done anything wrong on the forum but I really didn't mean to. To be honest I have no idea how forums work for the matter, I just saw that this discussion here was titled May visa bulletin so I thought that my question related to it. Please tell me exactly what to do to get answers and I hope the best for everyone :)
Look, if you truly consider processing AoS, you'd better make sure to understand the process in full detail, starting you readings here: https://goo.gl/x7x3td
Once you have read and processed the information provided, you will be able to answer your question above: "when can i send my package to apply for aos?" (which really is rather straight forward) and a lot of other success critical information.