• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Trump and the DV lottery

I feel bad for those who actually were on their way to the US to be told that they can't enter the US... Unlucky

A judge stepped in and ordered that people already landed at airports in the USA (but being detained due to the ban) or those that were in transit in some other country could be allowed to enter.

A judge stepped in and ordered that people already landed at airports in the USA (but being detained due to the ban) or those that were in transit in some other country could be allowed to enter.

But that only helped people who made it to US soil - many were denied boarding by airlines.

A judge in San Francisco has directed Customs & Border Patrol to bring back one of the deportees from Dubai

Didn't Obama do something similar to this, whats the different between the two?

To be honest I thought the ban was only for those who had Visit Visas, but didn't expect that it will apply on everyone coming from the mentioned countries.

I'm also surprised that my country "Saudi Arabia" wasn't part of that list

Obama what he did?
i think he didn't ban those country like this.

To be honest I thought the ban was only for those who had Visit Visas, but didn't expect that it will apply on everyone coming from the mentioned countries.

even all of the world wondering how that:):) its meaning the issue not related to Terrorism, its depending on business.

No, he slowed down the Iraqi refugee program for a few months for a particular reason. He didn't stop students, immigrant visa holders etc on some spurious grounds.
Doesn't Trump have business ties in Saudi?

No, he slowed down the Iraqi refugee program for a few months for a particular reason. He didn't stop students, immigrant visa holders etc on some spurious grounds.
Doesn't Trump have business ties in Saudi?

I see thats what happened

You're Probably right about the business ties, I've heard and read that he has major business deals with wealthy Saudis (this goes back to before he was elected)

According to the U.S. Department of State, immigrant visas are the first step to becoming a lawful permanent resident, or a green card holder.
This is the honest statement
still there's some hopes.

:):):)

It's a great ruling, but the quewstion is will it have impact. The issued visas for DV cases were revoked over the last few days. I wonder if they can or will reinstate them.

Oh, they actually revoked them?? I missed that.

Oh, they actually revoked them?? I missed that.

Yup. And they have given no indication yet of whether they were planning to reinstate them once the ban is lifted. So - people talk about this being a temporary ban, but once approved visas are being revoked (and they are) it is very impactful.

Sorry for cross posting a second time but I put this in the wrong thread earlier .... :oops: it belongs here:

Federal Judge James Robart, a George W. Bush appointee who presides in Washington state, temporarily stopped the order. US Customs and Border Protection then alerted airlines the US government would quickly begin reinstating visas that were previously canceled, and CBP advised airlines that refugees that are in possession of US visas will be admitted as well, an airline executive said

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/p...rump-travel-ban-nationwide-ag-says/index.html