Traking DOL list for California due to 245i Part2

Update on Premium Processing of I140

"The Immigration and Naturalization Service ("INS") announced that it will be implementing premium processing for I-140 immigrant petitions in around mid-April of this year. Through premium processing, the petitioning employer pays an additional $1000 filing fee. In return, the INS will process an I-140 petition within fifteen (15) calendar days. Employers are advised that the 15-day period begins when the $1000 fee and processing request are received by the INS and ends once the INS mails the notice. The notice may be a notice of approval, request for evidence, intent to deny or notice of investigation for fraud or misrepresentation. If the notice requires the submission of additional evidence or of a response to a notice of intent to deny, a new 15-day period will begin upon the delivery to the INS of a complete response to the request for evidence or notice of intent to deny."

ref: BAL

No Title

This is the news I have been waiting for a year. Thanks labor_takes_forever! Anyway to verify the source of this news?

Upon reading this carefully...........

I saw the same message on www.usabal.com website. But upon reading it carefully, I found that only CSC will be implementing this program around mid-April and that too for most probably for EB-1 cases (I hope I am wrong!).
I donot mean to depress others, just wanted to point out before we get too excited about this.

best Regards to fellow LC waiters!!!
Keylong

I don\'t think DOL stopped processing

here is the evidence...
Employer :
Address :

Case # : 095075XX
DOT Code :
DOT Description :
No. of Openings : 1
Wage / Base : $30.05 Hourly
Received Regional Office: 10/26/2001
Current Status : Certified -- FINAL ACTION On 02/27/2002.

also there are certification from 03/01/2002 (march 3) for some cases
if you want to verify.

So unless they are just updating their system and not really certifying cases, ( which is highly improbable), I think they are still at work ;-)

comments ?

Big Companies affected

I think only the Big Companies are affected. Their LC applications are not being processed. Small/Mid sized companies whose news are not being publicized, they are OK. DOL is neither denying nor approving them. AS i mentioned in one of my other post, my lawyer says they are waiting for instructions from DOL headquarters in washington. Not sure when they\'ll resume it again.

Thanks

No Title

Just got message today, my case has been approved. Now I am moving to 140. So DOL is still processing cases now, which is good news.
Wish all the good luck to all of us. Take care.

gc_aspirant ????

check with your lawyer again !!! It is misleading others that DOL has stopped processing !! as you can see luckstar\'s labor is approved ..

My apology if i mislead anybody, thats not what i meant.

I\'ll check with my lawyer and will post if i find anything new.

Thanks

DOL is short of staff.

I refered Anuj Shah\'s question (post 2/27/02) to my attorney. Receiced a respons today:
One in our firm went to a meeting with the DOL at the end of last week, and they(DOL) announced that they have slowed down because of a shortage of examiners--but they are working on training new staff (which also takes away time from working on actual cases).

Luckstar before you leave us ..

Luckstar,

Could you give us some background information on your company size, number of lay off\'s announced etc., before you leave us for the I140 board. This will shed some more light on the approval process for DOL.

Thanks in advance and congratulations on your approval! :) I am sure you are relieved and pleased! It was a pleasure having you on board.

Good luck with I140. Hope to see you on the other board soon!

congrats luckstar

Good luck with 140. Can you post your details before yo head out to 140 board?
Thanks

Congrats Luckstar, Others- here is some info

If you have still not received your Receipt Notice from DOL, this may be of interest to you.

It appears DOL has handed out case #\'s (and receipt notices) for cases transferred to them on or before 1/14/02. I concluded this by sending Case status email requests for case numbers 09515000, 09515500, 09515950 and 09516000. The last one (for 09516000) came back with \'no case found\', while the 09515900 was trasferred to DOL on 1/14/02. Therefore,I think they are currently assigning case numbers to cases received on/ around 1/14/02.

Of course,this is based on the assumption that case numbers are assinged sequentially- which may or may not be true, so please don\'t bet your life on this info!

No Title

Here is the detail of my case:
I have not received the official letter to confirm that my case has been certified. But the message I got is certified.
Detai:
PD:4/26/01. DOL RD:10/29/01. AD:3/2/02.
My company is huge, around 9000 employee, no layoff.
Hope this information can help you guys. Anyway, my case is very slow considering my PD. People has almost same PD with me already have 140 approved. But it is still relived that this stage is over. Lets hope for the best for the rest stages.
Good luck with us.

Luckstar....3/2/02 is a saturday!!!

Does this mean DoL is working weekends to catch up?
Or is the postmarked date?
Just curious