Tentative Jan \'02 Chennai CP Interviews

gc_hopeful2000, Tax transcripts

are issued by IRS and is summary of your tax return (usually for last 3 years). You can call 1-800-829-1040 and request for the same. I got mine within a week.

gc_hopefull, You need tax transcipts. Call IRS @ 800-829-1040. You get them in a wk.

If you have tax fillings for last three years, you probably don\'t need them. But tax transcipts serve as a conformation that you do not owe any money to IRS. So, Just apply today through phone or visit your local IRS office. It should not be any hassle. Good Luck.

No Title

There are four options that the system gives once you get to the Tax Transcripts ordering menu:

1) Adjustments, Payments and Other actions
2) Transcripts of Tax returns
3) 4506 for photocopies
4) Transcript of Account and Transcript of Tax return

Which of the above is valid, I know option 4 is not what we need. Please let me know. Thank you.

gchopeful_2000 and others

It also looks like we five asked for some specific days for the interview. My guess is that they are absolutely reluctant to entertain those kind of requests. Like in my case, I was asking for date in the week starting Jan 21st. They solve the problem by telling me that it could be in FEB. In a very simple fashion and without directly answering the question they solved the problem. It remains to be seen if they actually act upon this by slotting us into FEB. That definitely will be a tragedy. Let us hope that does not happen.
God bless us.

tanani, Do not speculate on why we get Feb. Just wait for 4 more days.

I requested for Jan. first wk. Interview too. Chennai entered my case on 11/7. I got e-mail conformation as Jan 3rd or 4th wks.
E-mails are replied automatically or answered by a wrong person who may not have sufficient knowledge or just answering without lokking into the date when case was entered. Any way, just do not speculate. Don\'t worry. We all will get Jan. Interviews. Just hang on for 4 more days.

No Title

Tanani,

I agree with Superman. As a matter of fact, I did not have any specific request to the consulate for any date or month. So that should negate your theory.

I looked into the CPTRACKER database and there is no other row in the website with a prior "Entry Date into Chennai Consulate" than me, aishsri and blue. We basically just missed the previous months dates. I feel that we should get the January dates and if we wait 4 days we will in fact know.

So let us stop worrying and leave it to GOD. If we are destined to get we will else we will not. It is now out of our circle of influence and control.

I know I am begining to sound a little philosophical but after a while I guess you become wiser plus it is Friday.

Mumbai Status Phone No

Does anyone have the phone number for the mumbai consulate to check y CP status?

Blue Dard DD amount

Hi Superman and others, I am married and have no kids. While going for the CP interview in Channai, for how much do we need to take the Blue dart DD? In favor of who? Payable at? Is one DD enough for both of us?
Thanks

Superman question on visa photos

I was reviewing the list of documents and had a question on visa photos (4) - "in my short pocket". What are these visa photos (extra immigration photos????) Also, what are these visa photos for?
Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
   1. Complete list documents for Interview. Arrange in this order.
Posted By: Superman 12/1/01 9:31 AM
(#1 of 10)
Arrange all documents in folders as follows:
First folder
------------
First set for self: (in the following order, held together using large
paper clip)
1) OF-171: Appt letter from Consulate (original letter)
2) OF230 part I & II Visa application (part-II UNSIGNED)
3) Marriage Cert. orig + copy
4) 3 Wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope)
5) Birth Cert. orig + copy
6) Employment letter (orig- notorised)
7) 4 latest pay-stubs
8) Bank letter + 3 months bank statements + latest brokerage statements
9) last 3 years tax returns (1998, 1999, 2000)
10) 3 Immigration photos (1.5in by 1.5 in. Sign on two copies at
the bottom front. Do not sign on the 3rd copy)
11) Medical reports (4 sheets total, no X-rays)
12) IRS 9003 form
13) Passport
A 2nd set for spouse: (in the following order, held together using large
paper clip)
1) OF230 part I & II Visa application (part-II UNSIGNED)
2) Marriage cert copy
3) 3 wedding photos (in a clear plastic envelope)
4) Birth Cert. copy orig + copy
5) Affid of support for spouse I-134 (org-notorised)
6) Copy of primaries employment letter
7) copy of bank letter etc.
8) 3 Immigration photos (1.5in by 1.5 in. Sign on two copies at
the bottom front. Do not sign on the 3rd copy)
9) Medical reports (4 sheets total, no X-rays)
10) IRS 9003 form
11) Passport
Second folder
-------------
1) Latest H-1 approval notice (my visa in passport had expired)
2) originals + supporting docs of all H1, F1, I-20\'s, H4\'s etc.
3) copies of Labor cert (AEC), I-140 application, I-140 approval etc.
4) originals + copies of work experience certs
5) Degree certs, transcripts, marklists + copies from India and US
Third folder
------------
1) all correspondance with lawyers
2) Home ownership/mortgage papers
3) My wife\'s H-1 papers, job ofer letter, pay stubs (not really needed)
4) extra visa photos, passport photos, any other document depending on
how paranoid you want to be ;-)
In my shirt-pocket
------------------
1) copy of visa appointment letter
2) felt-tipped pen
3) 4 visa photos

tax copies

Getting tax transcripts is free.
Call 1-800-829-1040
Follow the prompts and select tax transcripts for each year 1 by 1. U
get it in mail by 7-10 days.
If you request photocopies of the opriginal filings, they charge $23 per
tax year.

Tax transcripts are good for us as they are concise.

Superman, Any Ideas...

Mine is a follow-to-join case. I got my GC eight months back and my wife is doing a follow-to-join case. Mine is EB2 category. What should i put in this? I was been told that i should put my name. (because i am the one who sponsor my wife even though this is an employment based case).

A Wait, I still think your Employer\'s name because

On an Employment based, your employer is still your sponsor. Your wife is your dependent. But that does not mean your are the sponsorer. Your wife gets it because of your job @ your employer. If you file family based on the same case and you show that you have enough money to sponsor your wife, that a different story. Right now your wife still gets GC because of your Job. So, yopur Employer Name should be there and not yours. It\'s my opinion. Good Luck.

3 immigration photos and 2 passport photos

Hi, I heard in the same board like we need 3 immigration photos and 2 passport photos.
Superman, In the above list, 2 out of 3 immigration photos needs to be signed. When do we need to sign and where on the photo?

Chennai Released Jan02 Dates

Just now I called chennai , they gave me Jan 24, 2002. My p3 entered in their system on 6th November

Raju