Card mailed: ??
Card received: ??

spouse(d):
Stamped 07/19
Processing completed 08/24
Card ordered: 08/25
Card mailed: 08/28
Card received: ??

I did a cut and paste from wik's update as my case(s) is having the same pattern. Is there anyone else also showing the same thing or its just two of us?????

Spouse received card today

Hi Wik
Just checked my mail and we received plastic card for my spouse today. The status got updated to card mailed today only.
Hope to get my card soon too and same for you.

Hi sdrtu

Wife's card did nor arrive today, but I expect it tomorrow or Wednesday. As for me, I asked my immigration attorney what might be going on, and she said "This is normal, the cards come at different times for family members even if the cases were approved at the same time. If you do not get your card within 60 days after the 485 approval, let me know."

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't come to that and our card orders are just sitting in a slightly slower pile somewhere and we'll see some action this week. Good luck!

No card mailed message for me

I was getting messages on the same day as Wik's spouse, but I did not get one today.

7/19 Stamped
8/24 Card processing complete
8/25 Card ordered
tick tock tick tock tick tock...

becky

Do you get e.mails for Card ordered and mailed?

My details

Passport Stamped : 07/26

I recd. mail on 08/26. : Processing has been completed....

I have not recd. any mail after that, or my online status has not changed yet.

WAC 02179xxxxx

Hibuddies said:

See the few threads above. There are at least two others of us in the same boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my card yesterday, but...

Good news is that I got my plastic card yesterday. "Bad" news is that there has been no update regarding my wife's and son's, whereas we went for passport stamping at the same time. The message regarding their case is still referring to their approval.

I called USCIS and was told that I had to wait at least a couple of weeks (i.e to get to 60 days after stamping) before launching an inquiry. The person I talked to stated that cards were processed at different times, even for family members who got approved together...

card mailed

received another email yesterday.

On August 28 the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly.If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address.

waiting for card now.

For those of you who hit the 60 day mark, you may want to consider filing (by certified mail) the following I-551 Inquiry Form to the CSC (in addition to calling the sometimes hopeless NSC number). I read in another forum that someone who submitted this form got his card within a few weeks of submission after waiting more than 60 days.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-731.htm

wik said:
For those of you who hit the 60 day mark, you may want to consider filing (by ceritifed mail) the following I-551 Inquiry Form to the CSC (in addition to calling the sometimes hopeless NSC number). I read in another forum that someone who submitted this form got his card within a few weeks of submission after waiting more than 60 days.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-731.htm

Thanks for the link. Please keep update us about your plastic card.

gcausa99,

Have you had any further status updated since your 8/26 "Processing Completed" update?

wik said:
gcausa99,

Have you had any further status updated since your 8/26 "Processing Completed" update?

I noticed LUD changed to 8/27 and my spouse LUD changed to 8/30. The status message says" Your Alien Registration Card or Green Card processing is completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed as soon as it is ready". We do not know when will we get our cards. One day we may find in the mail box without status update. We got our approval notices in the mail box without status change. I will keep you updated.

gcusa99 said:
The status message says" Your Alien Registration Card or Green Card processing is completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed as soon as it is ready".

gcusa99,

i have the same status. for me and my wife, the status message says "Your Alien Registration Card ....". This happened on 08/27. On 08/30, our cases had an update but we did not proceed to the next state of "Card Ordered.."

New message for becky

7/19 Stamped at SFO
8/24 Card processing completed
8/25 Card ordered
8/31 Card sent

becky

(here's the message)
Receipt Number: WAC0212450XXX

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 31, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

I had some spare time on my hands so I looked at the various CSC Plastic Card trackers and out of 27 cases, I calculated the length of time between "processing completed" status and "card ordered" status as reported by folks in these forums.

Here are the results:

Length of time: number of cases

same day: 1
one day: 8 <--my spouse (d) was in this category
two days: 5
three days: 9
four days: 2
five days: 1
eight days: 1

eleven days <-- in my case, I've been waiting eleven days (as of 09/07) for the next step, "card ordered", which seems way out of the ordinary.

There's nothing scientific about this at all because not everyone posts all their status milestones. But, from the ones that do, it is evident that 1-3 days is a reasonable length of time to expect your status to change from processing complete to card ordered.

If I do not get my card within 60 days, my attorney is planning to follow up, which presumably means calling the special 'attorney only' number at the CSC, and/or filing form G-371. I hope it doesn't come to that. We are traveling to England on September 11.

My wife(d) received all the right status updates and got her card on 09/03. :(

how long between card mailed and card in hand?

Hi,

How long between card mailed and card in hand for you all? I'm actually moving, and hoping that the card itself is going to my lawyer's office, but you never know and i am curious as to whether i'll get it real soon. Where is the card sent from?

thanks,

becky

becky said:
How long between card mailed and card in hand for you all? I'm actually moving, and hoping that the card itself is going to my lawyer's office, but you never know and i am curious as to whether i'll get it real soon. Where is the card sent from?

I thought the cards were sent from Laguna Niguel. But my wife's card just arrived and it was postmarked Corbin, KY.

Once it is actually sent you should expect to receive it in one to three days. But ours took nearly a week via first class mail.

The date that the status message tells you the card was mailed is not always the date it is actually mailed. We were told our approval notices were mailed July 9, a Friday, but they were not in fact mailed until the following Monday night. We received them two days later.

Thanks WIK

Thanks, I had wondered whether the CSC actually made the cards or whether that was centralised somewhere else.

I should have guessed that the actual card arrival time is a complete mystery -- the last eight years of my immigration experience have had the same frustrating character ;-)

becky

sdrtu said:
I did a cut and paste from wik's update as my case(s) is having the same pattern.

sdrtu,

Any action on your case? Has your LUD changed from 8/25? Mine is still stuck there. A week is a long time between 'processing' and 'ordered'...