SFO Plastic Card Tracker

wik said:
sdrtu,

Any action on your case? Has your LUD changed from 8/25? Mine is still stuck there. A week is a long time between 'processing' and 'ordered'...

My status is still the same "Processing complete ......." and LUD is 8/25. You are right week is a long time. I wonder what is happening. Did you receive your spouses plastic card in mail?

sdrtu said:
My status is still the same "Processing complete ......." and LUD is 8/25. You are right week is a long time. I wonder what is happening. Did you receive your spouses plastic card in mail?

Not as of yesterday. Interestingly, they said her card was sent 8/28 (Saturday), but from my experience that probably means it was mailed after that. Curiously her LUD changed to 8/31 with no status change.

There is another post in the Plastic Card Tracker I just read where the guys card showed up and he got NO status change messages at all:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=896519#post896519

I wonder if we are genuinely in a black hole, or if things are happening and our status is just not getting updated...

Last edited by a moderator:
wik said:
Not as of yesterday, but perhaps this evening. Interestingly, they said her card was sent 8/28 (Saturday), but from my experience that probably means it was mailed only yesterday. Curiously her LUD changed to yesterday with no status change. There is another post in the Plastic Card Tracker I just read where the guys card showed up and he got NO status change messages at all! I wonder if we are genuinely in a black hole, or if things are happening and our status is just not getting updated...
Hi Wik
A similar thing happened to my spouse's LUD. It changed to 8/31 yesterday and we had received plastic card on 8/30. Strange are the ways of INS.

card mailed on 08/28

card mailed on 08/28 but plastic still has not arrived as of 9/1/04 :confused: . This is second time I never received my 485 approval notice from INS also.

I am exactly in the same situation. Message changed to card mailed on 8/28 but no sign of card yet ! The LUD again changed to 8/31 but message is the same. I guess they mailed it on or after 8/31. Hopefully should receive it in a day or two.

timepass510 said:
card mailed on 08/28 but plastic still has not arrived as of 9/1/04 :confused: . This is second time I never received my 485 approval notice from INS also.
Did your LUD change again after 8/28 ?

Hi All,
Here is my info:

I-485 approved July 13, 2004
Passport stamped July 23, 2004
LUD changed on August 30, 2004 and here is the online message--

This case has been approved. On August 27, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

For spouse, the message is usual-processing for GC completed etc etc...

I called the IIO, got connected quickly, she was polite and said "it could mean anything" , asked me to wait till Sept 27th and call back if I dont receive the card in mail :)

Anyone else had a similar message/experience?

Thanks,
Sumili

Update: Spouse receives card!

My wife (derivative) received her card today. Postmarked 08/28, arrived 09/03, nearly a week. Interesting thing is that is was not postmarked Laguna Niguel, but Corbin, KY. Attorney said that sometimes they postmark the mail in the center, then it sits in the mail room for a few days... nice. In doing a little research, it seems like all cards are made in KY (not CSC as I previously reported), where they have the capacity to make 5,000 per day. Mine, of course, has not been one of them - yet. :(

rockstone said:
Mine "completed" on 8/31, but still no "card ordered..." update yet.

Same here. For me and my wife, "Completed" on 8/27. It is now more than a week. Have not seen an update as yet.

SFO Stamping

Stamped at SFO - 08/26/04
Card processing completed - ?
Card ordered - ?
Card sent - ?

For a change I did not visit this forum over the long weekend! It was my first long weekend after approval and I took full adavantage of that!

SGM

sumili said:
Hi All,
Here is my info:

I-485 approved July 13, 2004
Passport stamped July 23, 2004
LUD changed on August 30, 2004 and here is the online message--

This case has been approved. On August 27, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

For spouse, the message is usual-processing for GC completed etc etc...

I called the IIO, got connected quickly, she was polite and said "it could mean anything" , asked me to wait till Sept 27th and call back if I dont receive the card in mail :)

Anyone else had a similar message/experience?

Thanks,
Sumili
Almost exactly the same situation here. Talked to a few ladies at the INS national call center and it was just like talking to a wall (gracefully incooperative). Wrote to CSC and there hasn't been an echo. Don't know what to do...

Finally!

Current Status:*

On September 2, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

(Weird thing is that I received this case status update email today, September 7, five days after the action supposedly took place! Maybe they've even sent my card already - I leave for Europe this Saturday and that would be nice!)

wik said:

On September 2, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

(Weird thing is that I received this case status update email today, September 7, five days after the action supposedly took place! Maybe they've even sent my card already - I leave for Europe this Saturday and that would be nice!)

Wik,
It is really weird. Do you see any major difference between your statment and the following statment:Your Alien Registration Card or Green Card processing is completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed as soon as it is ready. Except Card Ordered.

gcusa99 said:
Do you see any major difference between your statment and the following statment:Your Alien Registration Card or Green Card processing is completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed as soon as it is ready. Except Card Ordered.

Yes, there is a very distinct difference.

The exact wording of the messages indicates the three post-stamping stages: processing complete (meaning the local office has your photos and fingerprint and all the documents are in order), card ordered (meaning they have actually ordered your card from the facility in Corbin, KY), and card mailed (meaning... well, it's been mailed!).

Here are the exact wordings of the three stages, as captured from my wife's case status updates, and others that I have seen posted here:

Status Update 1 : Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed. Your BCIS document will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Status Update 2 : On Month DD, YYYY, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

Status Update 3 : On Month DD, YYYY, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her.

Typically, there is only a matter of 2-3 days between each of these messages, but for some reason certain mid-July SFO stampers have seen a gap of nearly two weeks between the first and second messages.

Hope this helps.

Same here

Status changed to
On September 2, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you
a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

wik said:

bon voyage!

LikeGolfing said:
Almost exactly the same situation here. Talked to a few ladies at the INS national call center and it was just like talking to a wall (gracefully incooperative). Wrote to CSC and there hasn't been an echo. Don't know what to do...

When the 60th day is up, don't just rely on calling the NSC. Fill in this form and send it by certified mail! Others posting in other forums report success with this form.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-731.htm

wik said:

Wik, Have you got your card yet.
My case status changed to the following.
On September 3, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.
My spouse case status did not change yet.
Please keep update. Hope you will get your physical card before travelling. Good luck.