Card received: 09/10

spouse(d):
Stamped 07/19
Processing completed 08/24
Card ordered: 08/25
Card mailed: 08/28
Card received: 08/30

Card Received

This site has been a source of information and support during those long dark days knowing that I am not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Having been in this country and exposed to the culture and life style for more than 10 years (mostly on the east coast) has made me calm and take things much more lightly than I would otherwise be. Yet when it comes to the long wait and the seemingly uncertain outcome, I couldn't help feeling anxious and even frustrated sometimes. Now the long wait is over - what's left are my gratitude to all the great people contributing to this site and my best wishes to all who are still waiting for their cards.

Card ordered - September 3 (on-line updated September 8)
Card mailed - September 9 (on-line updated September 10)
Card received - September 10

sdrtu, likegolfing,

Congratulations on getting your cards so quickly.

I had minimal hopes that I too would get my card on the 10th, as mine was also mailed on the 9th. But even though I only live 25 miles from SF, our postal delivery here is slow and poor so I am guessing my card is trapped in the sub-Post Office. Which is a real shame because I leave this morning with my family for Europe and I would have liked to shown my card on the way back! Guess the stamp will have to do for now, and hopefully my card will be here on my return.

Best wishes to everyone in this tracker.

recd. cards on 09/10/04

whole family : Passport Stamped : 07/26
Whole Family : First email, you application .. : 08/26/04
Whole family : 2nd mail : Card ordered : 09/07/04
Whole Family: 3 mail : Card mailed : 09/10/04
Whole family : Card recd. : 09/10/04

How long the GC is valid

Hey Guys,

I have a quick question for those of you who have already received the plastics in hand.

1. How long is it valid for ? Is it 10 yrs ?
2. Is that plastic card valid from the date on which your I-485 was approved or the date on which you stamped your passport or... is it some other date ?

btw, here are my dates:

RD/ND: May 16, 2002
AD: July 6, 2004
Passport Stamping date: August 16, 2004 (SFO)
(I was vacationing when my 485 got approved)
I have not received any more dates yet.... :) (I mean..... from USCIS) .

Shall let you all know, when I get one.

PS: I am sorry, if this question has been asked thousands times before. and please please please don't ask me to go and search the entire portal before asking questions on this board :rolleyes:

DBM said:
Hey Guys,

I have a quick question for those of you who have already received the plastics in hand.

1. How long is it valid for ? Is it 10 yrs ?
2. Is that plastic card valid from the date on which your I-485 was approved or the date on which you stamped your passport or... is it some other date ?

btw, here are my dates:

RD/ND: May 16, 2002
AD: July 6, 2004
Passport Stamping date: August 16, 2004 (SFO)
(I was vacationing when my 485 got approved)
I have not received any more dates yet.... :) (I mean..... from USCIS) .

Shall let you all know, when I get one.

PS: I am sorry, if this question has been asked thousands times before. and please please please don't ask me to go and search the entire portal before asking questions on this board :rolleyes:
1. 10 yrs
2. from I-485 approval date, or even a couple of days earlier.

LikeGolfing said:
Wik, enjoy your trip to Europe. This is the best season to visit there.

It was warm and sunny when we arrived at Heathrow, cold and rainy today in Brighton. I like visiting family - used to live here for 12 years - but I've grown accustomed to California living!

My wife has her card, mine is probably waiting in my mailbox back home. I am assuming that my I-551 stamp is well-understood by Heathrow United counter staff? Any thoughts?

Received our cards in the mail today.

Approved : 07/13/2004
Stamped : 07/21/2004 at SFO
Completed : 08/27/2004
Card Ordered : 09/03/2004 (self); 09/04/2004 (spouse)
Card Mailed : 09/09/2004 (self); 09/10/2004(spouse)
Card Received : 09/13/2004.

Hey anyone here whose PP stamped in August (mine 11th, Aug) got any further email notice apart from the approval.

Me no update till now. Plz anyone in a similar situation coz' I have seen people who had their PP stamped in July are getting email updates in a month.... in my case nothing.... r they sending cards only to people who had their PP stamped in July?

ND 4 2 02 (EB1-OR)
AD= 30th July, 2004 ..
PP stamping 11th Aug, SFO..............nothing after that................

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi LikeGolfing,
I think our situation was very similar. DId you do something different? The IIO when called again asked me to go for re-stamping even though it makes no sense. I have recd a second letter for my 485 approval. What should I do, any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Sumili

LikeGolfing said:
This site has been a source of information and support during those long dark days knowing that I am not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Having been in this country and exposed to the culture and life style for more than 10 years (mostly on the east coast) has made me calm and take things much more lightly than I would otherwise be. Yet when it comes to the long wait and the seemingly uncertain outcome, I couldn't help feeling anxious and even frustrated sometimes. Now the long wait is over - what's left are my gratitude to all the great people contributing to this site and my best wishes to all who are still waiting for their cards.

Card ordered - September 3 (on-line updated September 8)
Card mailed - September 9 (on-line updated September 10)
Card received - September 10

3 of 4 cards received so far

Here are the details for WAC-02-080-5xxxx (Primary + 3 dep)

AD PS Loc PC CO CM CR
Primary 07/21 07/27 SFO 08/27 09/04 09/08 09/10
D1 07/21 07/27 SFO 08/27 09/04 09/08 09/10
D2 07/21 07/27 SFO 08/27 09/04 09/08 09/13
D3 07/21 07/27 SFO 08/27 ???? ???? ????

Emails recd for Processing Complete

Received emails for self and spouse ' Processing for your Alien Registration Card or Green Card has been completed .... '

btw.... still waiting for my son's 485 approval, RFE (for birth cert.) response recd by USCIS on 8/18.

wac-02-149-5xxxx
485 AD - July 28,2004
PP Stamped - Aug 03, 2004
Processing Complete - Sept 13, 2004
Card Ordered - ??
Card Mailed - ??

sumili said:
Hi LikeGolfing,
I think our situation was very similar. DId you do something different? The IIO when called again asked me to go for re-stamping even though it makes no sense. I have recd a second letter for my 485 approval. What should I do, any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Sumili
My status on-line was case pending even a month after my passport stamping and then mistakes about some dates. I made a few phone calls but it was like talking to a wall. I also wrote a couple of letters but I am not sure whether they helped or not. I noticed a few cases posted here that are very smiliar to mine on the dates but I assume they didn't have the same problem with their on-line status and didn't contact INS for that.

wik said:
It was warm and sunny when we arrived at Heathrow, cold and rainy today in Brighton. I like visiting family - used to live here for 12 years - but I've grown accustomed to California living!

My wife has her card, mine is probably waiting in my mailbox back home. I am assuming that my I-551 stamp is well-understood by Heathrow United counter staff? Any thoughts?
Heathrow United counter staff will probably ask about the stamp, based on some indirect experience of mine. But everything should be fine, as you know.

Actually knowing everything will be fine but still questions will be asked about the stamp before you go through this could be quite a funny experience.

LikeGolfing said:
Heathrow United counter staff will probably ask about the stamp, based on some indirect experience of mine. But everything should be fine, as you know.

I know everything SHOULD be fine, but without the plastic and stuck in another country just amplifies the worries... what was your indirect experience? Surely someone at the United counter will know what the heck a 551 stamp is?