Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

I am a week behind you.
What kind of documents you need bring to the Oath? I only know the GC and Oath Letter, anything else?

Thanks

Actually nothing other than that the oath letter and Green Card. They will keep both of them and give you a nice american flag, constitution and the declaration of independence book... No need to bring anything other than documents of changed status/situaiton if you have them. For me, I got a ticket ( damn, Bellevue Police!!) and bought the payment receipt. They needed it.

Actually nothing other than that the oath letter and Green Card. They will keep both of them and give you a nice american flag, constitution and the declaration of independence book... No need to bring anything other than documents of changed status/situaiton if you have them. For me, I got a ticket ( damn, Bellevue Police!!) and bought the payment receipt. They needed it.

Thank you thank you.
I got mine! Woo-Hoo!!!

Fingerprint done by walking in

Received the fingerprint notice on Aug 5 with a scheduled date of Aug 11. Reading about the guards declining admission to the building in this forum, I was a bit unsure of success when I decided to give it a try on the 6th.

I went towards end of their workday (they stop fingerprinting at 3pm). It looked like a relatively lazy afternoon. The guard did not ask why I was there. The gentleman at the triage desk looked at the appointment letter and said, go and ask at window 11 whether they can do it today.

I went in and it took me about 10 minutes to finish fingerprinting.

BTW, I did not initially find a window 11 although I could see windows 1 through 10 easily. It is the first window on your left as you walk into the waiting area and there was no line at all.

Received notification from case status online that my case has been given to the local office for scheduling interview. That means the background check is cleared, right? I guess the interview will not be scheduled before my 5 year anniversary which is on 10/15/2009

Is there anybody else here who has been waiting for the oath letter for over 120 days?

Others have reported the same in past. If you have exhausted Infopass, USCIS Ombudsman and congressman route, a 1447(b) lawsuit would be next option.

Is there anybody else here who has been waiting for the oath letter for over 120 days?

This is very surprising.. Including myself, my wife-who applied few weeks after me and some other acquaintances,,all received their oath letter as soon as their interview was over... Was there any reason you were told that you cant get the oath letter immediately? As suggested by BobbySmith,, Infopass it... You should be getting the oath letter or a copy of it unless the case wasnt approved for some other reason..

Got my IL earlier this week...

Seattle DO
7/01/2009 : Application Sent to Phoenix, AZ
7/06/2009 : Application Received (long weekend )
7/09/2009 : Check cashed
7/13/2009 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
7/15/2009 : FP Notice Date
7/17/2009 : FP Notice Received
7/28/2009 : FP Date
8/20/2009 : Recd Interview letter
10/13/2009 : Interview Date

Does anyone have any idea as to how long the oath ceremony takes? I have mine next Monday at 2pm and I wanted to apply for my passport right afterward (before heading out of town that night).

Hello...I am taking my oath on Monday afternoon at 2pm. What time were you finished and out if the building? I need to apply for my passport the same afternoon

Thanks

Get there about 15 min before the oath ceremony.
Go through the security area (you and your guests together).
All the guests need is drivers lincese.
You wait in the lobbby just past the security area.
There is funny guy there that makes sure you are in the right place.
After about 30 minutes (yes, 30 min after oath time on your paper), they ask you to line up.
They send all the guests to ceremony room (they sit in the back rows).
They make sure you have answered all the questions on the back of the oath letter. (answer NO to all the questions). If you answer Yes to any of them, they pull you out and you have to explain it.
Then one by one you go to the window.
show your oath letter and green card. They take both of them at the window.
then they check off your name on some list.
After that they take you to the Ceremony room.
You sit on a chair in one of the first 7 rows in the front.
Watch a video, slideshow, speech.
Take the oath with everyone facing US flag.
Then one by one they call people's name.
Once your name is called you go up front and they give you your citizenship certificate.
Friends and family can take picture during ceremony (even with Flash).
then they show some more videos.
After about 1 hour, the whole thing is done.
From the time I arrived (20min before scheduled time) until the whole thing was over, it took little over 2 hours.
After ceremony is over, you can go talk to the Passport folks who have a table setup in lobby to answer your questions.

I expected them to video tape the ceremony and I could buy a video tape or CD for $$. but they didn't. they didn't even have an official photographer. So that's why they are so relaxed with people taking picture during the whole program using flash.

Good luck.

Hello

You mentioned that after the ceremony you can talk to the passport folks in the lobby. Can you actually submit your passport application at that time? Or do you have to go elsewhere?

Thanks

Shannon

Received interview letter yesterday

I failed my FP first time because I had dry and cracked fingers at the time. I was worried about my second time FP since I was injured a month ago and it left scar on my fingers and there's no finger print on some small area. But to my surprise, I passed the FP this time and received ID yesterday. Interview date is scheduled on Oct 26th.

Jun 12 - N-400 sent
Jun 15 - priotity date
Jul 12 - FP done
Jul 23 - 2nd FP letter received
Aug 17 - 2nd FP done
Aug 25 - interview letter received
Oct 26 - interview date:)

I failed my FP first time because I had dry and cracked fingers at the time. I was worried about my second time FP since I was injured a month ago and it left scar on my fingers and there's no finger print on some small area. But to my surprise, I passed the FP this time and received ID yesterday. Interview date is scheduled on Oct 26th.

Jun 12 - N-400 sent
Jun 15 - priotity date
Jul 12 - FP done
Jul 23 - 2nd FP letter received
Aug 17 - 2nd FP done
Aug 25 - interview letter received
Oct 26 - interview date:)

Friend,

Sorry about your cracked fingers. Try a lotion with dry skin therapy, it should do you good...:)

Hello

You mentioned that after the ceremony you can talk to the passport folks in the lobby. Can you actually submit your passport application at that time? Or do you have to go elsewhere?

Thanks

Shannon

In Seattle they have Passport agents at oath ceremony? I dont think that they had any passport agents when I was doing mine because the Oath conducting Director asked as to go to a local post office or Seattle Downtown regional passport office to get the passport completed.

To answer your question,, the oath will take about 1.30 hours.. If you are lucky you can make it to the passport center in Downtown or you can go to a local post office beofore 4.00 pm. Its going to be tight. If you have an urgent need, better to go to the 2nd Ave center and get the passport in a day. That is if you do have the ticket booked and all that.

In Seattle they have Passport agents at oath ceremony? I dont think that they had any passport agents when I was doing mine because the Oath conducting Director asked as to go to a local post office or Seattle Downtown regional passport office to get the passport completed.

To answer your question,, the oath will take about 1.30 hours.. If you are lucky you can make it to the passport center in Downtown or you can go to a local post office beofore 4.00 pm. Its going to be tight. If you have an urgent need, better to go to the 2nd Ave center and get the passport in a day. That is if you do have the ticket booked and all that.

Thanks so much. I printed out the nearest passport offices to the USCIS office. There is one 3 miles away that is open until 445 on Monday. I am hoping to make it to that one :)

how to get certified court disposition?

I received a letter asking me to bring additional document to the interview:
1. driver's license
2. You indicated in your application that you have been arrested. ... bring originals or certified copies of all arrest records and court dispositions showing how each incident was resolved.

In fact, I was never arrested. I reported in my N-400 form that I was cited for speeding by Arlington police 2 years ago. I went to court and paid reduced fine of $60. I did not keep the payment receipt but I do have the ticket. Does anyone know how to get the certified court disposition? Will it work if I find the payment transaction from my credit card history?