Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

Interview coming up...question about oath

So, I have my interview on 8/4 in the AM (Seattle). I have heard from a few people that Seattle has the option for same day oath. Has anyone else gone for a morning interview in Seattle and asked for the same day oath? I see from a lot of posts that the oath falls about 7 days after the interview. My issue is that I have a flight to catch to visit family the day after my interview and I won't be back until late Aug. I can cancel the flight if needed but I would rather not....

Any info would be great
Thanks

I just received inerview letter. Here are my details

DO Office: Seattle, WA
N400 Sent: 05/14/2009
Priority Date: 05/18/2009
FP Notice Date :06/02/2009
FP Date :06/22/2009
Interview letter received Date : 7/23/2009
Interview Date: 9/15/2009
Oath Date: ??

So, I have my interview on 8/4 in the AM (Seattle). I have heard from a few people that Seattle has the option for same day oath. Has anyone else gone for a morning interview in Seattle and asked for the same day oath? I see from a lot of posts that the oath falls about 7 days after the interview. My issue is that I have a flight to catch to visit family the day after my interview and I won't be back until late Aug. I can cancel the flight if needed but I would rather not....

Any info would be great
Thanks

Actually you can if they do have the oath going on that day. I assumed they only had it on Mondays but I could be wrong. I saw a pregnant lady completing her interivew at 2.00 pm and was allowed to take the oath that hour when I was there for my interview this Monday. They said that the naturalization certificate will be given later.. She gladly accepted. If you do have travel plans, take the ticket/confirmation with you and ask the IO. Most of them seemed helpful and may allow the same day oath if they have it that day.

Thank you SO much for your reply. I am hoping they can do that for me. My interview is it 8:45 in the AM so if they have room that afternoon I am hoping they will allow me to do it...fingers crossed!

Just called the USCIS My interview was scheduled yesterday, tentatively for Sep 22, 2009.:)
No letter has been printed yet.

Will keep my fingers crossed

PD - May 19

What is your PD, It will help every if you kindly update your signature

PD is 5/19
FP scheduled and done 6/23
IL 7/23 for both me and spouse, though I didnt get the yellow letter yesterday, but my husband got his. Dont know if that is a problem for interview.
ID 9/15

I passed today!!

My appointment is 10:40am, I was running late today, when I sit down at the waitting lobby, it was 10:40am. Called at 11:14, and l4 mins later I passed it.
Read: Who is G. Washington,
Write:Washington is the first president.
6 ques:
longest river
President name
Speaker of house's name
how many years for president
first ten amendments name
Native Americans

I asked and was told today's seats full, so scheduled at next Monday, Aug 3.

BTW, what do I need bring for my Oath ceremony? The letter only says "Any immigration documents you may have", what that suppose mean?

Done with my oath today.
I did mention that I got a ticket and that created a bit confusion. They referred me to a supervisor. He asked me whether the ticket was for drugs... ( it was for speeding). I pro-actively mentioned that I have the receipt and they made a copy of it. Made some notes and did let me have the oath. I suspect that if I did mention that I applied to defered judgement or settling the case, I probably wouldntve have been given the oath today.

Neverthless, it was a personal day full of events. Almost at the Immigration office through the thick traffic, I realized that I forgot my wallet. I had to drive back 20 miles again to get back as Seattle ( as well as other offices, I would suspect) wouldnt allow anyone inside the building without IDs.

Drove all the way back and on my way to the Immigration office, I took the HOV lane out of desperation. That was the only way I could make it to the oath. Once I got off the HOV lane and Sherrif car started to follow me ( or I thought it was following me,,) but later I got off and reached the Immigration Office 5 minutes past the oath time. But I saw a huge line outside and realized I am not late after all. 145 folks of 50 countries were taking oath today.

Got through the oath in 45 minutes. We saw the Preseidents message for us ( not for us, really but a recorded one for every new citizens) and the Cheif mentioned few logistical things ( vote, not to copy the cert, change SS status, passport etc.) and we took the oath of allegiance again.

All in all, as much as I wanted this citizenship,,, it was sad to renouce my allegiance and loyalt to my "previous" country. Out of all things,,, I thought of my Grand Father who died many years ago but was an immigrant himself to my "previous" country. Seems like we Beduins never settle anywhere for long :)

One more question on interview

Do we need to study anyting other than 100 questions?

any chance you can get questions beyond these 100?

thanks,

Walk in FP?

The FP appointment for my husband is scheduled 2 weeks after. I heard of that the case does not actually start until the FP is done, so I would like him to do an earlier walk in FP if possible.

Will any questions be asked? What time during the day, which day of the week is best to go there for a walk in?

Thank you very much!

Office closed on Wednesday

I just went to the website of USCIS and it was said that Seattle DO closed on Wednesday?

Is it true? We have FP scheduled on Aug. 12, Wednesday, I am confused.

Done with my oath today.
I did mention that I got a ticket and that created a bit confusion. They referred me to a supervisor. He asked me whether the ticket was for drugs... ( it was for speeding). I pro-actively mentioned that I have the receipt and they made a copy of it. Made some notes and did let me have the oath. I suspect that if I did mention that I applied to defered judgement or settling the case, I probably wouldntve have been given the oath today.

Neverthless, it was a personal day full of events. Almost at the Immigration office through the thick traffic, I realized that I forgot my wallet. I had to drive back 20 miles again to get back as Seattle ( as well as other offices, I would suspect) wouldnt allow anyone inside the building without IDs.

Drove all the way back and on my way to the Immigration office, I took the HOV lane out of desperation. That was the only way I could make it to the oath. Once I got off the HOV lane and Sherrif car started to follow me ( or I thought it was following me,,) but later I got off and reached the Immigration Office 5 minutes past the oath time. But I saw a huge line outside and realized I am not late after all. 145 folks of 50 countries were taking oath today.

Got through the oath in 45 minutes. We saw the Preseidents message for us ( not for us, really but a recorded one for every new citizens) and the Cheif mentioned few logistical things ( vote, not to copy the cert, change SS status, passport etc.) and we took the oath of allegiance again.

All in all, as much as I wanted this citizenship,,, it was sad to renouce my allegiance and loyalt to my "previous" country. Out of all things,,, I thought of my Grand Father who died many years ago but was an immigrant himself to my "previous" country. Seems like we Beduins never settle anywhere for long :)

I am a week behind you.
What kind of documents you need bring to the Oath? I only know the GC and Oath Letter, anything else?

Thanks