Seattle DO - N-400 timeline

hey peeps...an update...Interview Passed Today. ..it was really breeze for me. it took all of 10 mins. the guy basically went through my form. i had two citations that were disposed that i had declared back from the past..., one for speeding and one for expired tabs. he glanced at the details/docket i had obtained from king county courthouse downtown but thats about it. he also glanced at my passport through the pages and asked me if my trips were personal or business (they were all personal). i had listed about 13 trips with over 500+ days out in the last 5 yrs.

the thing to keep in mind with king county courthouse for old citations, they take 24 hrs to pull it out of archive. and then you get a 24 hr window to go to the courthouse and get a print out for which they charge 25c a page. i was told in my yellow CFR notice to bring details of these.

good luck ya'll.

-----------------------------------------------------------
D/O : Seattle
02/10/09 : N-400 Mailed To Phoenix (street address) by overnight
02/11/09 : N-400 Received (According to FedEx)
02/11/09 : Priority Date
02/18/09 : Cheque Cashed
02/21/09 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
02/26/09 : Notice Date - Fingerprint Notification
03/02/09 : Received FP Notice
03/23/09 : FP Appt Scheduled & Done ~
04/06/09 : Yellow CFR Notice Dated 04/01/09 Received (Doc Checklist).
04/17/09 : Interview Letter Dated 04/14/09 Received
06/22/09 : Interview Date/Done
06/29/09 : Oath/ 2pm

CongratS Yoghurt... So, Seattle schedules after a week, I suppose. Such a laid back DO we are in..!!

what do u guys think? do i need an attorney for this situation? and also do you guys know any experience Lawyer or this forum recommend for Seattle by experiences..

Any input or 2 cents advice will be appreciate..thanks:confused:

I dont think you need an attorney for citation like issues. This is a 2 cent thing. I think the issues that need lawyers is when the case is complicated..

During FP, I have noticed a guy in Seattle DO with a lawyer and the latterr was acting like he was the guy who knew everyone in the office... Didnt know the outcome of the case but surely the client was just standing there doing nothing allowing the lawyer to brag about his $200 suit and have chit-chats on everything. Having a lawyer can help your case but do you really need it is a matter of personal preference.

Latest File

Hi all,

Here is the latest file for all you Seattlers and welcome fl485_transfer and euskfnm to the thread. Congrats to yoghurt!! From this file, it looks like the processing times are getting shorter but so are the number of applicants.

Good luck to all.
Rafiq

Oath Update. I reached there by 1:30. told to come at 2pm. ceremony didnt start till nearly 2:50 pm. but then it moved really quick since there was a glitch in the technology and we didnt watch the movie/presidents address. 103 people today in attendance for naturalization from 41 countries. amazing!.

yeah sunny it looks like 1 week in seattle. i could have tried for an earlier date but i was not any hurry and dont know if they would entertain it.

06/29/09 : Oath/ 2pm/ Done
xx/xx/09 : PP Applied

Filed N-400 in July

Here's a July filer

7/01/2009 : Application Sent
7/06/2009 : Application Received (long weekend :()
7/09/2009 : Check cashed
7/13/2009 : I-797C, Notice of Action Received
7/15/2009 : FP Notice Date
7/17/2009 : FP Notice Received
7/28/2009 : FP Date

Waiting for the rest of the process. Anyone else filed in July?

Last edited by a moderator:
passport update. i went by downtown seattle 4th street south postoffice. its a bit south of the mariners stadium since they have a walk in passport processing unlike many post offices where you had to make an appt. i called around but many of them didnt have openings the next day so i decided to head downtown. it cost me approx $200 for expedited processing including overnight delivery. good luck to all of you. hope this helps. cheers.

06/29/09 : Oath/ 2pm/ Done
07/03/09 : PP Applied [Expedited Processing]
07/11/09 : PP Received [Will receive back my naturalization cert in a separate mail as it informs]

Interview on Sep 1st

Just talked to USCIS over the phone. I am out of state and even after 20days, my mail did not get forwarded. (I should never have forwarded my mail just for sake of one month)

Anyway, Good news is, my interview has been scheduled for Sept 1st, 2009. They mailed the letter just today. It might mean that mail might get out of the door in 2 or 3 more days.

Processing seems to be moving on the expected lines. Total time seems to be 5months to 5.5 months, from applying to, till getting the Passport.

I remember two more people on this forum, along my timelines - please post your dates as soon as you receive them.

SeattleApplying for the 2nd time

Sent- Apr 24, 2009
Received- Apr 27, 2009
check cashed - 5/13/2009
1st NOA- 5/18/2009
PD Date- 4/27/09
FP notice - 5/22/09
FP-6/10/09 DONE
IL- ??? (Expected June 25- July 1)
ID- Sep 1st, 2009 :D
OD - ?? (expected Sep 7th or so)
PP - ?? (expected by Oct 7th or so)

How did you mail your N-400

Hi, how did you mail your N-400? I can't find anything in the instructions that tell me I can mail it registered with return receipt, but I've found some postings from people that did it this way, which seems wise. I just don't want to have it returned b/c I mailed it in this way.

Thanks.

Waiting for IL

Just Called the USICS

and I an still in Queue for the interview schedule. as per agent my back ground check is complete and file is in queue to for interview to be scheduled.

It has been almost one month since FP was completed :confused:

Waiting for IL

Finished FP on 6/23.. Still waiting for interview letter for both me and spouse.

Sent- May 19, 2009
FP scheduled and Done - June 23, 2009

Completed the Interview today. I guess in Seattle, the oaths are weekly and only on Mondays at 2.00pm. There was a huge line even at 1.30 pm to get in. Got a bit confusing because there was the folks that were taking oaths today and those who were waiting for other things ( FP, interview etc.). But one of the security guards later separated the lines and let few of us inside the main check-in desk.

By the time I was called for my 2.00pm interview, it was 25 mins past 2 pm. Distracted me ( Because there was just way too many traffic today(?) and babies crying, people smiling etc.) didnt realize that my name was called. Once I was inside the office, the interview didnt last more than 5 minutes. I timed it. I was out by 2.33 pm. And that too because the IO was telling me that Seattle Office does not do name change. I can do it but my oath wll be next year 4th of July!! So, she asked me to go to the court and change my name. Works for me except I have to pay 140 dollars for that one. The oath is automatically next week. So I will be back in that office again on the 27th pm. All that she did was asked for my green card and drivers license. She asked me some of the questions from the application ( married once? Job change? Lived where? etc.). The 6 questions were ( Senators represents whom? What happened 9/11? Abraham Lincoln was? American Citizens can do? 13 stripes represents? WWII question). Asked me to write a basic sentence and read one too.
Interestingly, she said that my name would be whatever I had in my birth certificate during the green card application not what I have on the card now. She asked me about my wife's application and apologized for the delay. My wife is due ( for interview that is) on the 4th of August.

To be honest, it was a dull interview!! why cant I do it with Live Meeting??? :)

The 6 questions were ( Senators represents whom? What happened 9/11? Abraham Lincoln was? American Citizens can do? 13 stripes represents? WWII question). Asked me to write a basic sentence and read one too. :)

I want to know whether they ask the 6 questions exactly like the booklet?
Do I need bring a copy of DL? or they will make their own?

Mine is scheduled at next Monday morning, will that possible to ask them Oath at the same day (2pm)?

Time is up, getting nervous...

I want to know whether they ask the 6 questions exactly like the booklet?
Do I need bring a copy of DL? or they will make their own?

Mine is scheduled at next Monday morning, will that possible to ask them Oath at the same day (2pm)?

Time is up, getting nervous...

Dont worry, I just summarized/paraphrased it. The IO will ask you the questions exactly as it appears in that booklet... More than that, by the time you are to get nervous,, it will be done and you will pass. The Seattle IOs were all very nice and greeted folks with courtesy and make you feel easy. They are not like the ones you will see in a Visa office trying to find criminal intent in everything and you have to prove you are "citizen-worthy".

Dont worry, I just summarized/paraphrased it. The IO will ask you the questions exactly as it appears in that booklet... More than that, by the time you are to get nervous,, it will be done and you will pass. The Seattle IOs were all very nice and greeted folks with courtesy and make you feel easy. They are not like the ones you will see in a Visa office trying to find criminal intent in everything and you have to prove you are "citizen-worthy".

Will you park right outside the buidling? Does spouse need go in if file on 3-years bases?
on the writing portion vocabulary, first word is "Adams", who is "Adams"? I dont recall any questions was related to "Adams".
on the booklet, all the listed answers I only need remember one of them, right?
:confused:

i did my FP on 6/22, still waiting for interview letter. It seems there are couple of people applied at the same time waiting for interview letter. I will post as soon as I receive something

Thanks,

Just Called the USICS

and I an still in Queue for the interview schedule. as per agent my back ground check is complete and file is in queue to for interview to be scheduled.

Did you call that 1800 number on the reciept? I called that number yesterday; it seemed all automated and provided the same info as the website.

Will you park right outside the buidling? Does spouse need go in if file on 3-years bases?
on the writing portion vocabulary, first word is "Adams", who is "Adams"? I dont recall any questions was related to "Adams".
on the booklet, all the listed answers I only need remember one of them, right?
:confused:

Yeah you park right outside the building. For the writing,, its very basic sentences ( Alaska is the largest State etc.). Dont have to remember any of those sentences,, just the questions. And that too, if you answer it in your own way,, you are fine.