RFE case premium processing

rfevisa

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My I-129 case has a notice date of 19th April, 2006 from Vermont. Since the status did not change until Sept beginning, my employer expedited the case by applying for premium processing. The expedition was done on 5th Sept, but USCIS was to receive the premium processing only on 6th Sept. But on 6th Sept morning, we saw that a RFE was generated on my case with a date of 6th Sept.

My queries are:
1) Will the request for premium processing filed on 5th Sept be rejected?

2) How long will it take for the RFE notice to reach my employer?

3) If the earlier premium processing request was rejected, can we request once again for premium processing at the time of furnishing the requested information to USCIS? If it is possible, will the decision surely be made within 15 days of furnishing the information.

4) Can cases with RFE be processed on premium at all?

5) If premium processing is not valid to RFE cases, what is the normal time duration for approval of such requests?

I request anyone with knowledge/experience on the above mentioned scenario to reply. I am sure your replies will be very helpful to many people who face a similar situation.

Regards..

Can you share the reason for RFE and how you are planning to respond. I have heard that CSCis always strict on H-1B's and the RFE's are pretty tough to answer. Even with RFE premium processing is effective.

Premium process post RFE generation

Hi..
I am still unaware of the reason for RFE. I will probably know only next week. How long does it take for the RFE notice to reach my employer?

My query is whether premium processing can be requested after a RFE is generated. I am told that once a RFE is generated, premium processing request will be declined. Is this true? [Please understand my situation is different from a case which is on premium process prior to RFE generation.]

Regards..

RFE arrived..

Hi,
My RFE reached my employer on the 11th Sept. The RFE is strange... They are asking for information on how my educational qualification suits the job role!! My employer had submitted all my transcripts and provided the required explanations in the month of April itself at the time of filing the I-129. I don't understand why the officer has asked this information again....

What more information can my employer provide to prove that my qualification suits the job role? Facts are facts.. how can we provide additional evidence on facts? I am so worried.. I wonder what extra information will convince the officer...

Has anyone received similar RFEs? How best to respond to such a RFE? Please help!

hi rfevisa,
I have a simila query. And I have received it because I have applied for software job with non comp science degree from India. Although I had sent 3 yrs experience letter, they r still asking for more.

My employer is getting detailed education evaluation, work evauation and writeup along with references from my previous company to say that I am eligible for that job.

Hope this helps.

rfevisa,

my employer has sent the response today. They took very long to finalize the response. we r also sending check for premium processing...see what happens now.

hi ssah,
Good luck with the processing. My RFE seponse has reached USCIS on the 22nd. It is under regular processing (I think).. since my application for premium processing (which we sent on the 5th sept) was returned. This was bcoz an RFE was generated by the time the premium processing reached them.. my employer has not requested for premium again while submitting the RFE response... I hope the approval comes through without a problem this time.

premium application

ssah said:
rfevisa,

my employer has sent the response today. They took very long to finalize the response. we r also sending check for premium processing...see what happens now.

Hi ssah, :)

please inform once you get response from USCIS about your premium application. i am considering too

thank you very much, and hope you will get approval soonest

My RFE response reached USCIS as the status says. But it is not showing anything about premium processing. My employer says that it'll take 1-2 days for them to update the status that wud say that it has been upgraded to PP.
Lets see what happens....

Premium application

ssah said:
My RFE response reached USCIS as the status says. But it is not showing anything about premium processing. My employer says that it'll take 1-2 days for them to update the status that wud say that it has been upgraded to PP.
Lets see what happens....

Hi ssah

Thank you very much, now i am waiting the Global Evaluation,Inc to re-do explain more details about my education to USCIS's reveiwer that will be received on coming friday and before that if USCIS accept your PP application then i could make a decision too on Monday

hopefully you can get through on it , thank you again friend

Simitd :)

hi Simit,
As far as I understand, USCIS expects everything in the evaluation only. If the evaluation says that ur degree and experience and traiting etc, make u equivalent to comp sc Bachelor, I think it shud be fine for H1B in software.
This is what my employer did in my case as I have a software related job. Dont know abt ur background , but u have to do the same for urs.

My last updated date is changing for last 3 days. 25th 26th 27th. but still no sign of premium processing. I'll post if something new happens.

ssah said:
hi Simit,
As far as I understand, USCIS expects everything in the evaluation only. If the evaluation says that ur degree and experience and traiting etc, make u equivalent to comp sc Bachelor, I think it shud be fine for H1B in software.
This is what my employer did in my case as I have a software related job. Dont know abt ur background , but u have to do the same for urs.

My last updated date is changing for last 3 days. 25th 26th 27th. but still no sign of premium processing. I'll post if something new happens.

Hi ssah,

thanks your good responses, my background is on Civil engineer and my previous evaluation sheet done by Global Evaluation, Inc clearly states that i am equipvalent to U.S Bachelor degree so confuse...and don't know what or whose wrong?? anyway my lawyer just deeply details it to Global Eva..,inc to add some more in my new evaluation as reveiwer instruction you know at least we did that will be fine right?

i read somewhere in forum said after status changes to PP within 1 week you can get decision(guess not much load already) so..... hopefully you also can get through soon okay?

cheer up :)

ssah said:
Hi Simit,

r u applying for civil related job or something else??

Hi ssah,

surprise right? me too i am 9 years experience in civil engineer out of U.S and H1B applied for Civil engineer in Contructing company as well, Never thought that the processing took so long time and detailed.

did you re-submit RFE together with PP fee or seperated? and your RFE reached USCIS on 26th?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is surprising.... I have a non CS degree and I am applying for software job. So I got the query. But it shud not happen with u...

My employer submitted premium processing request along with the rfe response. but I guess they r not considering my case for PP. We sent everything on 21st september, but status shows that they received on 25th.

Now what will happen I dont know....

sailing the same boat

Folks,

My case is very similar to yours. Fresh H1b filed on May 9th, transferred to Nebraska in Aug, RFE received last week.

For an RFE generated case, do they accept Premium Processing? Is there any chance that Premium processing is rejected for a RFE case ?

Can you please let me know how long would it take if premium processing is not accepted and responed RFE is processed in regular?

My RFE is quite complex. I have to send how job correlates my work and also evidence for classification as a speciality occupation. This is despite educatior evaluation and all documents submitted in May.

Yeah, mine is a non-comp sci bachelours degree seeking H1b for a software position. This is despite of my 5 yrs of exp evidence.

Any experience if shared across would be really helpful.

Hi rfevisa,

today my status changed to "request for premium processing received". they received rfe response along with this PP request on 25th (as per last status which said rfe response received) but I dont know what took them 10 days to say that now on 4th they received PP request. I dont know how long do I have to wait now for the decision.