!!!!!!! Probable April Interview Dates For Chennai Thread !!!!!!

for Srifx list

you can find it by doing a search on the the word "Srifx" and you will get multiple hits as it has been mentioned many a times.

expecting april interview date..

Sent Pkt 3 on Feb/5.. Reached consulate on Feb/9..
Consulate sent a mail saying they have my pkt - 3.. How do I
know if it was entered in the system??

cp2001

as far as i know and have read, when they confirm they have the packet 3 they would have entered it into the system or they enter your packet 3 information into the system after they confirm.

In whatever case you can confirm that they have entered it into the system by sending them an email or calling them

Others please provide info if you have gone through it

Question about CP process

Hi nakb24
Iam going to do CP from Chennai. I\'ve mentioned CP in my I-140 .

you have mentioned that you mailed your P-3 last week and the consulate recieved it on 2/12/2002. My question is do we have to send P-3 to the chennai consulate or to NVC.

This is my understanding of CP.
1. Mention cp in I-140.
2. After I-140 Ad . Case is sent to NVC.
3. NVC creates case number and sends P-3 to candidate
4. Candidate fills it and sends it to NVC ( only OF-169 and DS 230
   Part1.no documents to NVC )
5. NVC sends P-3 to chennai consulate .
6. Chennai consulate creates number , sends P-4 and issues the
   interview date

Why did you send P-3 to chennai consulate ? Iam under the impression that we send P-3 back to NVC and wait till we get response back from Chennai. Please explain

natsamp

These are my case details:
Approved I-140 == October\'2001
Packet-3 received from NVC == Nov\'2001
I delayed sending P-3 to Chennai because of personnel reasons.
Thats why I mailed my Packet-3 directly to Chennai.
If you are in the new Sytem, you need to mail P-3 to NVC.

Thanks Chicagoguy

We all need goodluck. I applied for PCC at the DC embassy on Jan 24th by mail. Do we need IRS 9003 for the interview. I will check other posts for information.

You can call...

I called and asked when my case entered the system and they said Jan 28th. I know that mine reached the consulate on Jan 19th.

Got PCC

I applied for PCC for me and my spouse on Jan 24th. Today I called Embassy and they said it is ready. Today I will go in the evening and get it. We are getting there!!!

Update form Chennai consulate

We schedule the appt 8-10 weeks after we recive the pkt3 forms from you.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

Thats good information trygc

That way we should be near our appointment date as mine was sent Jan 19th 2002. 8 weeks would be Mar 2nd week so tentatively april would be a good chance.

You are certain to make it!!!

My packet 3 was received on Feb 19th by Chennai Consulate. So my case looks like a border case for April and sure shot for May

FedEx Tracking

I have the FEDEX tracking number and also requested information through email. They seem to be very prompt in responding

Did you receive e-mail confirmation from Chennai??

I mailed my packet-3 on Feb\'6th and its delivered on 12th according to the Fedex tracking.
I e-mailed chennai on last friday (15th) to find out the status, and got a reply saying
"contact after 2 weeks". So, if you got a e-mail confirmation from consulate, please let us know.

I did not get any email confirmation yet!!

Fedex sent me a mail saying that it was received on 19th at the Consulate by Stamp. So that is the only confirmation I have right now.