!!!!!!! Probable April Interview Dates For Chennai Thread !!!!!!

chicagoguy

Registered Users (C)
Gentlemen & Ladies:

Best of luck to the people who are appearing for an interview at chennai in March. I checked my case and i missed the boat by a couple of days. I opened a thread to track the April Interview dates. Please post your views, opinions, status for April Interview dates at this thread.

Thanks Gentlemen & Ladies

When was your application received in Chennai?

Hi Chicagoguy,

When was your application received in Chennai? Thanks

Rajdb101

Raj:

My application was recd in chennai on 19th of Jan 2002. Thats the fedex receipt date from the website using the tracking number. i do not know when they entered it into the system but i got a confirmation from them by email that they had recd it.

Mine reached the consulate on the 21st

Chicago Guy:

My forms reached the consulate on the 21st January. Likewise, i got a mail saying that they have recieved the packet; but not neccessarily when it was input into their system. Looks like i missed the March interview dates by a couple of days.

Good luck for your interview!

Thanks.

Cut off date for March 2002 interview

Chicago Guy:

Do you think we can find out the last date in December 2001/January 2002 that made into March 2002. That way we can be sure about our chances in April??

Raj

from probably what i saw on the posting on the US consulate Chennai website, there was a MDR number which was very close to mine. I think what matters is sending our applications before 15th of that month to be considered two months later. We should be very much in reckoning for April. One way to look at it is from cptracker.com

I\'m in for April

My pkt3 reached Chennai consulate on 19th Jan, but it entered their system only on 28th Jan. Works out good for me as my PCC will not be in until 1st week of March. I also need time to file my taxes as my wife\'s TIN number is also not received yet....

Nimbus

I had everything ready for march except filing my taxes. I have my wife\'s ITIN number, and PCC too.

Well April should not sound bad but the ticket prices do definately go up by 50-100 dollars.

W2 Or Filing

Sorry guys, this is slightly off topic.
I am expecting a april/may Interview, I am unable to File for
taxes as I wont have my wife\'s ITIN by then.

Can I carry a copy of the( filing extn form that I am going to file)
to the interview along with the W2

Besides, I dont owe any $ to IRS..

Thanks guys!...replies will be appreciated

to chicago guy , rajdb101

Don\'t hold any theories to IV process in chennai, to me it looks like a Circus with a lot of Red tape.

Here is why

I submitted my wife\'s pkt 3 documents and consulate acknowledged on 1st jan-02 receipt of the same and i was very confident of getting an interview in march. Turns out that people who filed after me get the interview dates but not for wife.

How do you proceed when they take more than 60 days after acknowleding receipt of pkt3 and have still not scheduled an interview. I am sure to give the IV section at chennai consulate an earful today but i am not sure that would help my cause.

Any good suggestions??

Indian Guy

I am sorry to hear about your case and yours seems like a unique case which has slipped through the holes.

I would be careful talking to them and giving them an earful coz you

(1) In the first case they would not let you talk let alone listen to you on it.

(2) you would be at the receiving end as they are the ultimate authority on it.

So my two cents on it would be to ask them clearly and calmly as to what happened and try to get a April Date. You have waited so long till now to reach this stage and a month more here and there should not matter much.

By the way i did get an email confirmation that my packet 3 was recd and to likely expect April Dates, hence my expectation too to get an april date.

Interview date - likely to be in April.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

By the way many i saw many people with Jan 19 packet 3 receipt date got an interview date but not me, there seems to be a discrepancy too as my receipt date was Jan 19. How can we explain that ? That made me feel sad too !!!!

Latest Taxes for April interview?

Yes, A copy of the filing extension form is enough, but be ready with a good reason why you filed for an extension. But, I guess your wife\'s ITIN number will come by then...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the ITIN number to come? I guess if we have april interview, the latest Tax filing details may be very useful.

Thanks Chicagoguy

for the dose of reality. I needed that...

It gets frustrating when this happens. Our expectations were raised by the email from Chennai "Interview likely to be in March". Now i have had to change my plans..

I will wait with patience i guess, let\'s hope we get it in April.

thanks

Indian Guy

Thanks for listening to me. It will do us good in future. Lets stay together and be succesfull.

Keep up the patience !!!!

Expecting April Interview

Mailed my P-3 last week (2/6/2002) and Chennai received it on
2/12/2002.