Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

whatheheck said:
Go ahead and apply under EB2 category. You are pre approved to do that.

Note: You can apply in any category. Nothing matters.
Unless you are an engineering manager, you cannot apply in EB 2 as per perm. Since all the software jobs are now classified as category 5 ( i think) which states that for these jobs you just need a bachelor and 2 years experiance. Remember the experiance qualififcation is for the job and not for the person. Now that DOL has classified that al software jobs just require bachelors and it would be diffcult to jusity more than that though in reality no one will take people with less than 3 years experiance in current economic scenario

New Case number....

Hi-

Can anyone let me know the approximate time before new case number is issued after having responded to the 45 days letter?

Thanks

Delaying tactics

I have been following all messages from last couple of months. Here is my 2 cents. It is very high level plan than what we think.

- With IT jobs going overseas and BPO outsourcing , need for skilled people ( in IT) for immigration is much less. BPC is part of this tactic to delay the process. Without BPC, Majority of state/Regional cases would have been cleared there cases in 24-30 Months anyway ( Since they had stopped taking any more cases after March) !!!
- 45 Days letter is another layer for just delaying process although it is not at all necessary. I think it is just a show a ray of hope and then sleep.
- Lack of funding is another excuse. In reality, People will be happy to give if they ask each of applicant for $1000 for faster processing. They will never ask !!!
- PERM is designed in such a way that it will result in many more denials, utimately achieving their goals for less immigration(For IT people). For Nurses/Physical Threapist ... don't need any Labor certification since U.S. needs them.
- Delaying tactics will frustate people and switch to PERM. Majority of them will result in denial and achieving there goals for less immigration in IT.
- Additional 20K H1B for US masters will attract foreign student and bring more funding for US university ( Tutions and fees) US universities get $14B from foreign students every year.!!!
- To Achieve 6 Months of I-485 Processing time and reduce backlogs at USCIS they created BPC. Very few LC got certified in last 8 months so obivously AOS (I-485) will process at much faster speed. USCIS will proudly achieve 6 month of target in 2006 ( But congress will not know that they stopped LC certification )
- In my opinion, It will take at least 3-4 years for them to clear Labor Backlog and they know it !!!

Thanks.
My2cents

I agree

Hi my2cents:
I have the same feeling as you. I believe the main reason of LC delay come from republic goverment. Republic party don't like immigration. what we can do?
1. Donate money to democrat president candidate.
2. persuade relative and friend who can vote to vote democrat.
3. Vote democrat if we become US citizen.

my2cents wote:
I have been following all messages from last couple of months. Here is my 2 cents. It is very high level plan than what we think.

- With IT jobs going overseas and BPO outsourcing , need for skilled people ( in IT) for immigration is much less. BPC is part of this tactic to delay the process. Without BPC, Majority of state/Regional cases would have been cleared there cases in 24-30 Months anyway ( Since they had stopped taking any more cases after March) !!!
- 45 Days letter is another layer for just delaying process although it is not at all necessary. I think it is just a show a ray of hope and then sleep.
- Lack of funding is another excuse. In reality, People will be happy to give if they ask each of applicant for $1000 for faster processing. They will never ask !!!
- PERM is designed in such a way that it will result in many more denials, utimately achieving their goals for less immigration(For IT people). For Nurses/Physical Threapist ... don't need any Labor certification since U.S. needs them.
- Delaying tactics will frustate people and switch to PERM. Majority of them will result in denial and achieving there goals for less immigration in IT.
- Additional 20K H1B for US masters will attract foreign student and bring more funding for US university ( Tutions and fees) US universities get $14B from foreign students every year.!!!
- To Achieve 6 Months of I-485 Processing time and reduce backlogs at USCIS they created BPC. Very few LC got certified in last 8 months so obivously AOS (I-485) will process at much faster speed. USCIS will proudly achieve 6 month of target in 2006 ( But congress will not know that they stopped LC certification )
- In my opinion, It will take at least 3-4 years for them to clear Labor Backlog and they know it !!!

Thanks.
My2cents

my2cents said:

Thanks.
My2cents

You are just reaffirming our analysis. Some members came to same conclusion early enough but some are still full of hope. And I think most people lost hope completely (I am judging from the response I got from my initiative, only 10-15 members replied). If you see profiles of some of the DOL officials ( I have link in my thread) everything starts making sense.

Whats really ironical is that some unwary members are still predicting and analyzing when DOL will adjudicate their case. Its like analyzing your probability of winning the lottery when you dont know when is the draw. And even worse you don't know whether its pick 10 or pick 1000.
I was doing the same thing (guessing when my labor will be processed) when my labor was filed, but after going through monstrous ride (DOL started processing May 2001 and everything was going fine till it was abruptly halted), I stopped guessing; now I am just praying.

orissa said:
Question: When do you expect the BPC will begin adjudicating cases?
Answer: The Backlog Processing Centers have begun to process cases from the Regional Offices that have been completely entered into PBLS and for which the backlog Preocessing Center has received a response to the Notification Receipt letter.
Sometime they say, its compeltely FIFO (First In First Out) and again sometime they say RIR will priority. What the hell they want to do. At least show some Apvl / den.

I think what they are saying is that TR and RIR will have seperate queues and resources will be allocated according to the number of cases. So for TR, for a given year and state, say 2002/NY everything will be FIFO. 2002/NJ will be FIFO etc. Similarly for RIR queue for a given year and state everything will be FIFO. And then they go on to next state and finally next year. Key thing is RIR has its own queue and since they acknowledge that RIR will be less time consuming it may be faster. That is RIR Sept 2003 may be approved before TR March 2003. But RIR 2004 will not be processed before all 2003 is done. This is my understanding of the FAQ.

I think we should wait till they get done with all DataEntry (summer 2005??). Then they will have a clear action plan. And maybe hopefully a way to provide status updates too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Delaying tactics

my2cents said:

Thanks.
My2cents

1- Majority American do not want immigrant except attorney because they make money from us.

2- Delaying tactics to reduce and discourage new flood of immigrant.

3- Specially India economy growth over 7% per year is world envy now.

4- 45 days is a another drama and delaying tactics so that those are here with 6th year,7 year and 8th year H1B visa. Let all H1B expire so that some of them will go back and some of them become illegal alian.

5- The plan for $1000 Perm labor application processing fees was under consideration but later they took it away. The only reason they took it away so that they can easily deny maximum and approve minimum number of application.

6- Real world Backlog Processing means stretching process as much as you can. No one can complain because all immigrant.

7- May be after a year or two, sorry folks this Backlog Processing does not work so need another quick fix, with some new name like "Backlog Zero Center".

8- They are prety much sure that out 300,000+ labor aspirant atleast 50% will go back when their visa ends. And another 50% becoms illegal immigrant, and will them a solid chance to deport them.

9- This way they can only Achieve 6 Months of I-485 Processing time and reduce backlogs at USCIS, but also would able drive out many GC apspirant.

Sorry Folks.

How about filing a class action, on be half of all 300,000 engineers, for refund of "Social Security" and "Medicare" taxes we paid: Due to our job description being "Temporary" and "Non-immigrant" category? Instead of paying us in Billions, a quick Greencard will be a fix!!

GCMystery said:
How about filing a class action, on be half of all 300,000 engineers, for refund of "Social Security" and "Medicare" taxes we paid: Due to our job description being "Temporary" and "Non-immigrant" category? Instead of paying us in Billions, a quick Greencard will be a fix!!

This is a good idea. We will need to get support from Mr. Rajiv Khanna. He filed a 485 lawsuit in Dec 2003 which suddently resulted in increased speed of 485 processing in 2004.

GCMystery said:

This is a good idea. We should try by all means.

One more idea is, writing our 'real stories/pitiable situations' to worlds' possible whatever magazines/news papers related or unrelated, on line. Instead of spending time in writing forums, we should start telling the people worldwide. Nobody is going to help us by knowing this, but I think, bad reputation might force USICS to rethink about their policy.

Seeking wisdom

Sorry if this does not folow the thread. I have lost faith in my company lawyer and after looking at this forum I asume I will lose my job before anything happens. My company filed on Feb'03 and I am getting impacient. My wife is a nurse and I was wondering if we should try getting her a greencard. Understand they are exempt from the LC process. Once she get's it I could piggy back on her.

Any comments are welcomed.

Nothing against the idea but, the reason for increased 485 speed is that labor department is not sending any EB cases to USCIS.

mvinays said:
This is a good idea. We will need to get support from Mr. Rajiv Khanna. He filed a 485 lawsuit in Dec 2003 which suddently resulted in increased speed of 485 processing in 2004.

Visanauta

Visanauta

Nurse Profession have a lot demand, I will strong suggest apply the Perm with you wife.

Most of the time Nurses, Chef and another professions get approved very quick.

Good Luck.

Any approval from PEC for MD

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found it very useful. Here are the details of my case:
PD : Dec'2001
State: MD
Reached PA region : Jan'2003
45-day letter received and replied in Feb'05.

Has any one know if there is any approval from PEC for applications applied through MD ? I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

It is tough to wait so long, but forum like this makes it easy by providing some insight and finding people in similar situation as mine.

Thanks all !!

Immigration and Movie anology

The Hindi Movie analogy of our lives. It helps us all understand our struggles better :)

Being out of status and working illegally - Moordey kijaan khatarey may
Immigration lawyer - May hoon naa
Waiting for green card - pyasa sawan
Living in US - Jina teri gali may
Labor denied - Haya! May loot gai
Enrolled in PHD program for status - Aakhiri Rasta
Anticipating time to sponser your family - Andaaz apnaapna
Applying for citizenship - Pyaar kiya to darna kya
Returning back home with family and kids - Aaa aublawut chaley
Getting temporary work permit -Teri Meharbaniya
Getting caught working offcampus - Giraftaar

And for the BONUS act:

400 LB White Girl Friend - may awur mera hathi

atyagi73 said:
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and found it very useful. Here are the details of my case:
PD : Dec'2001
State: MD
Reached PA region : Jan'2003
45-day letter received and replied in Feb'05.

Has any one know if there is any approval from PEC for applications applied through MD ? I heard there are some approvals for NY-applications with PD Nov'2001.

It is tough to wait so long, but forum like this makes it easy by providing some insight and finding people in similar situation as mine.

Thanks all !!

atyagi73 - my pd is dec 2001 but have not recd 45 day letter yet :mad:

Status Check

Hi Guys,

Few months back lot of people were sending emails to BPC/BRC for chacking the status of the LC .
Can you who did it got some reply please let me know how to go about it.
Where to send email, what details are needed , what format etc.
If the info is available on some DOL URL, please direct me there.

This forum was also keeping a spreadsheet wherein we kept the case details and the progess as reported by applicants. Anyone who has the latest copy, can you please publish it again.

Thanks