Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker

akela said:
Can my lawyer refuse to provide me with this information.

Thanks,
a

Your lawyer can
Your employer cant

Your employer, in fact is legally obligated to keep you informed about everything....

ok i am not a lawyer... i know this because i was told this by the President of my company when I had asked and run into some bullshit walls with my HR... of course my President had helped break those walls...

regading LC

akela said:

Thanks,
a

What you need is the application receipt notice from DOL. generally Employer/lawyer will have. In our company if any employee is layed off they are notified by HR and get some time for the final date (say 30 to 60 days)
if an employee wants to process L through another company they give the leeter from DOL to the employee. But if I ask them they don't give because I am still employed with them and a perm: employee. For your 7th year exten: what is required is the copy of the receipt notice(SWA)

Good luck

akela said:

Thanks,
a

They cannot refuse to provide you a copy. The document which they filled, has your signature on it, hence they have to supply you with a copy.
If the lawyer is refusing, you need to ask them via letter and make them reply to the letter (I mean, let them refuse in written) and you can take further action against them.

Like other members have offered you, if you are in IT and open to relocate, PM me your brief skill set. I might be able to help you.
Good Luck!

Questions on labor substitution

Hi Guys,

Nobody replied to my posting earlier. Hence reposting.
I am sure gurus and veterans here have some kind of idea/answers for my queries.

I have few questions about a substitute labor cert.
What is the procedure the employer has to follow if the company wants to use an approved labor for sombody else other than the original beneficiery.

A friend of mine is a database developer. His employer has approved labor for QA position. If the employer uses that cert for my friend, will this create problems in i140 and i485? What other kind of problems might come up?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Datbase Admin can't use QA approved labor. Your friend use Sub LC only if he/she meets the job profile. candidate has to match the job skill 90% or more. my 2 cents.

nviren said:
Hi Guys,

Nobody replied to my posting earlier. Hence reposting.
I am sure gurus and veterans here have some kind of idea/answers for my queries.

I have few questions about a substitute labor cert.
What is the procedure the employer has to follow if the company wants to use an approved labor for sombody else other than the original beneficiery.

A friend of mine is a database developer. His employer has approved labor for QA position. If the employer uses that cert for my friend, will this create problems in i140 and i485? What other kind of problems might come up?

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Help: Question on old approved LC

:) My ex-employer just notified me that they got my very old LC approved on October 8 2004. In order to use it, I'll have to re-join them. Of course, with 1 year commitment.

:confused: My big question is. Since the LC was approved 6 months ago, is it still valid?

Thanks in advance for your help!

kennethxu said:
:) My ex-employer just notified me that they got my very old LC approved on October 8 2004. In order to use it, I'll have to re-join them. Of course, with 1 year commitment.

:confused: My big question is. Since the LC was approved 6 months ago, is it still valid?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Yes your LC is still valid, although it might change soon but for now you are good, you can file 140 and also 485 if you are not affected by retrogession.

Hi GC_Lover, thanks a lot for you quick response. What do you mean by might change soon? I'm asking because re-join and get paper work done and etc might need 3 months of time.
Thanks again!

kennethxu said:
Hi GC_Lover, thanks a lot for you quick response. What do you mean by might change soon? I'm asking because re-join and get paper work done and etc might need 3 months of time.
Thanks again!

well, might change soon, means USCIS is proposing a change in rule where 140/485 should be applied within 45 days after LC is approved. But there is no need to worry about this right now, go with your labor and get your GC. Good luck!!
And do not forget to talk to lawyer about all this, these are just my few cents. If I were you I would not wait 3 months, try to apply ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
mvinays said:
Flood of approvals by Dallas BEC.
Approvals flooding over my attorney's office

Does any body know if Dallas and Philly BEC's are working from a common database or both have their separate piles?

H1-B transfer on new PERM LC ?

Hi! Gurus,

I am in 7th year extension on H1-B with my current employer. If I apply a new PERM LC with new emplyer, can I then transfer my existing H1-B 7th year extension to this new employer as my new labor app is pending now?

Sanjay

sanbaj said:
Hi! Gurus,

I am in 7th year extension on H1-B with my current employer. If I apply a new PERM LC with new emplyer, can I then transfer my existing H1-B 7th year extension to this new employer as my new labor app is pending now?

Sanjay

you Do not need Pending LC for Transfer, You need LC pending for atleast 1 year when you apply for Extension (7th, 8th..)

gp111 said:
you Do not need Pending LC for Transfer, You need LC pending for atleast 1 year when you apply for Extension (7th, 8th..)
GP111,
What will be the duration of the new H1-B? the remaining part of the 7th year or 1 full year from the date of application or remainder of the 7th year + 1 year.
--MC

m_chundi said:
GP111,
What will be the duration of the new H1-B? the remaining part of the 7th year or 1 full year from the date of application or remainder of the 7th year + 1 year.
--MC

Remaining part of 7th year.

9th year extension

Guys,

sorry to post here. We replied to Phily 45 day letter on 01/26/05 and waiting for approval.

I am on my 8th year H1 extension now and my 9th year starts from september. I just heard that we only get maximum of 3 years past the 6 year limit. Is that correct?.

Do i have to worry about visa numbers to get my 9th year extension?. What options do i have?. Please let me know.

Thanks.

To pop420us

pop420us said:
Guys,

sorry to post here. We replied to Phily 45 day letter on 01/26/05 and waiting for approval.

I am on my 8th year H1 extension now and my 9th year starts from september. I just heard that we only get maximum of 3 years past the 6 year limit. Is that correct?.

Do i have to worry about visa numbers to get my 9th year extension?. What options do i have?. Please let me know.

Thanks.

pop420us,

It is not true. There is no limit on number of extensions as long as your LC is pending more than 365 days.

The only reference I see for 3 years is if your 140 is approved and cannot file 485 due to retrogression then you can get 3 year extension instead of 1 year.

Anyway read this latest memo from USCIS...

http://www.immigration-law.com/AC-21 Memo 05-12-05.pdf