Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Persistence !

clzeus10 said:
I have contacted Virginia Senators, Congressmen, faxed letters to Elaine Chao, faxed letters to Congressmen from other states - yet no encouraging response from anyone.

The PBEC even sent reply letters to senators where they repeated the same "case is in queue for processing" BS. Even the senators office tells me they cannot cut through the bureacracy and believe me this is from some of the highest ranking staff in their office.

So now if you think you were able to get results by faxing letters directly to PBEC or some other entity. Please post the relevant contact information and shed some more light on your methods or how you went about it.

Clzeus10/Catch_GC -
You're probably barking at the wrong tree. Its election year and no politician or public official would want to be messing with Immigration agenda on their hands. Did you not see that they left the illegal/legal immigration reform aside and passed the "immigration enforcement bill" only approving that freaking triple dog fence along the mexico border ? Sleek politicians on the capital beltway.

Fax directly at (484) 270-1600 and address it to "Barbara Shelly". Be short and to the point. Specify politely that you want them to look at your case and adjudicate it. Its NOT going to help if you express frustration and write a long letter - you loose context/traction in your letter. FAX IT TWICE/THRICE EVERY WEEK. Do not give up. You want the letter to be read within 30secs. They know why you are faxing - all they need is the `meat` out of your fax (like your case details, etc) and none of the other BS of your frustration from the letter. You have to speak their language.

I understand and respect the stemming frustration this whole process has generated and can sense it from your posts - but the key is to take the emotion out of this process and understand that you are up against a monster giant PBEC and all you can do is try and persist. I remember thinking to myself, after every fax - "I hope this fax catches someone's eye and does the magic", but then later after some days I had given the hope of expecting something and then I just used to send things blindly without much hope of results. And I guess "trying" and "persisting" is probably all you can do. But the good news now is, that PBEC has been little more responsive now. There is a very good chance that they will respond.

And here's something more. Let's say you've tried all that in March/April or whenever earlier. But guess what, they probably ignored it completely then. Someone took all those fax papers and shredded it then. Don't let your history affect your actions. Its only YOU know that you've tried it and failed. BUT if you look at it from PBEC's shoes, they haven't seen your fax. So, the idea is to hit them with repeated messages. Its really a numbers game. You never know which one of your fax will work. All you need is ONE golden strike and someone will look at your file. Hopefully, they will be attentive now and start taking some action to faxes this time. And I know that they do look at these things, otherwise I would not have accomplished it in all these stages.

Please refer to my earlier posts where I have given a lot more additional information. Thanks.

Come on man - cheer up, be positive and give it a rip ! Good Luck !

Sahil..

Can you 'enlighten' me..how you could succeed in getting the case 'reopened'...that too within 2 weeks..

was the path other than PBEC mail/fax/emails...?

Here's the key

StressTestInUSA said:
Sahil..

Can you 'enlighten' me..how you could succeed in getting the case 'reopened'...that too within 2 weeks..

I wish, I was that lucky to get that re-opened in 2 weeks and had any other magical source than what is available generally to you and anyone else. Actually it was probably more like 2 months or more so that this conundrum continued. Once we learnt that we had our case closed, our HR was cooperative and they had already sent a letter requesting to reopen the case. And then they followed up with an email also. But things did not change and by then we had received another letter of case closure. That was when things really went haywire. I had already sent multiple faxes to PBEC by then and I had seen that my case was still closed when the 'beta' status site had released.
But then the 202 number guy once in early Sept informed me that my case had been reopened. I was happy but still there was no evidence of that event. But then shortly, (luckily) my case was also certified and then all else really did not matter. Shortly after, we received the "Final Determination" letter too (but no certified papers). That was just all we needed i.e. a final confirmation that not only the case had reopened but that the case had been certified too.

My attorney said to wait till middle/end of Oct and 'hope' that we receive the certified papers. And then I chose my persistence path again and did not listen to my attorney and tried myself to expedite the certified papers receipt. My problem with relying on attorney's is that they control the whole process then and we do not know what the hell they are doing - when they write the papers, when they fax them, etc etc and all you can do is call them every week and ask them 'what's happening ??'. I've been there and done that and now I choose not to do that again.
So anyway, then there was another short burst of recent campaign to request the additional certified ETA750 papers ... the story is kinda long and comes in full circle here. It wasn't too bad to get my certified papers, PBEC recently responded quickly for that. I really wish, noone has to go thru what I have gone and had to deal with. My case experienced every fiasco along the way, which was unnecessary. In a way, I knew my case was simple and would have no NoF's - I was certain about that. I work for a large reputed employer and I personally have done MS here and fortunately have some advanced certifications too; so all in all in issues in the case itself. But there were lot of extraneous issues 'around' the case.

"Persistence" is probably 90% of my success and the rest 10% I attribute to being "sensible/polite/respectful/factual" to everyone around. Remember, once your verbal/written communication starts to reek in "frustration" or emotions; people will try to avoid you in this process or put you on the back burner. And that was exactly what I had avoided - whenever I spoke with HR or the 202 guy, I was very upbeat and factual and did not let any emotion lurk into the conversation. Once you greet/cheer/treat the facing second person nicely, it is incredible to see the results and how it motivates him to do things for you.

I hope that answers your question. Thanks.

Sahil2002 said:
Clzeus10/Catch_GC -
You're probably barking at the wrong tree. Its election year and no politician or public official would want to be messing with Immigration agenda on their hands. Did you not see that they left the illegal/legal immigration reform aside and passed the "immigration enforcement bill" only approving that freaking triple dog fence along the mexico border ? Sleek politicians on the capital beltway.

Fax directly at (484) 270-1600 and address it to "Barbara Shelly". Be short and to the point. Specify politely that you want them to look at your case and adjudicate it. Its NOT going to help if you express frustration and write a long letter - you loose context/traction in your letter. FAX IT TWICE/THRICE EVERY WEEK. Do not give up. You want the letter to be read within 30secs. They know why you are faxing - all they need is the `meat` out of your fax (like your case details, etc) and none of the other BS of your frustration from the letter. You have to speak their language.

I understand and respect the stemming frustration this whole process has generated and can sense it from your posts - but the key is to take the emotion out of this process and understand that you are up against a monster giant PBEC and all you can do is try and persist. I remember thinking to myself, after every fax - "I hope this fax catches someone's eye and does the magic", but then later after some days I had given the hope of expecting something and then I just used to send things blindly without much hope of results. And I guess "trying" and "persisting" is probably all you can do. But the good news now is, that PBEC has been little more responsive now. There is a very good chance that they will respond.

And here's something more. Let's say you've tried all that in March/April or whenever earlier. But guess what, they probably ignored it completely then. Someone took all those fax papers and shredded it then. Don't let your history affect your actions. Its only YOU know that you've tried it and failed. BUT if you look at it from PBEC's shoes, they haven't seen your fax. So, the idea is to hit them with repeated messages. Its really a numbers game. You never know which one of your fax will work. All you need is ONE golden strike and someone will look at your file. Hopefully, they will be attentive now and start taking some action to faxes this time. And I know that they do look at these things, otherwise I would not have accomplished it in all these stages.

Please refer to my earlier posts where I have given a lot more additional information. Thanks.

Come on man - cheer up, be positive and give it a rip ! Good Luck !

Thanks for sharing your insight with this process Sahil2002.

I will try faxing at the number you have listed above and see how things go.

Online Check--certified yesterday

Mine was PDed Feb. 22, 2002, RIR from MD. Finally get out of the hell. Good luck to all my fellow LC sufferers.

Last edited by a moderator:
showmestate said:
Mine was PDed Feb. 22, 2002, RIR from MD. Finally get out of the hell. Good luck to all my fellow LC sufferers.

Wow - congrats. Its great to see old timers get out of the PBEC circles. Congrats again.

Dedo said:
Seems like this only applies to cases filed before Aug '01. Is that correct?

Nope - all the TR cases in BECs are eligible, as long as the Recruitment process has not been started. Please read the FAQ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified

I have been a silent reader of this forum. Just wanna share with your guys that I checked today and my RIR get certifed. This thread has been a great help and I wish everyone still waiting the best of luck!

RIR/NJ
PD: 1/2004
Never made regional

question for sahil

Sahil,

a quick question...when you call the 202 number did you call as urself or as your manager? do they even respond if you call as urself?

Same question regarding the fax....

I am in the same shit hole as you right now and need to up my ante.... any help from you will be appreciated

tks

Sahil2002 said:
I wish, I was that lucky to get that re-opened in 2 weeks and had any other magical source than what is available generally to you and anyone else. Actually it was probably more like 2 months or more so that this conundrum continued. Once we learnt that we had our case closed, our HR was cooperative and they had already sent a letter requesting to reopen the case. And then they followed up with an email also. But things did not change and by then we had received another letter of case closure. That was when things really went haywire. I had already sent multiple faxes to PBEC by then and I had seen that my case was still closed when the 'beta' status site had released.
But then the 202 number guy once in early Sept informed me that my case had been reopened. I was happy but still there was no evidence of that event. But then shortly, (luckily) my case was also certified and then all else really did not matter. Shortly after, we received the "Final Determination" letter too (but no certified papers). That was just all we needed i.e. a final confirmation that not only the case had reopened but that the case had been certified too.

My attorney said to wait till middle/end of Oct and 'hope' that we receive the certified papers. And then I chose my persistence path again and did not listen to my attorney and tried myself to expedite the certified papers receipt. My problem with relying on attorney's is that they control the whole process then and we do not know what the hell they are doing - when they write the papers, when they fax them, etc etc and all you can do is call them every week and ask them 'what's happening ??'. I've been there and done that and now I choose not to do that again.
So anyway, then there was another short burst of recent campaign to request the additional certified ETA750 papers ... the story is kinda long and comes in full circle here. It wasn't too bad to get my certified papers, PBEC recently responded quickly for that. I really wish, noone has to go thru what I have gone and had to deal with. My case experienced every fiasco along the way, which was unnecessary. In a way, I knew my case was simple and would have no NoF's - I was certain about that. I work for a large reputed employer and I personally have done MS here and fortunately have some advanced certifications too; so all in all in issues in the case itself. But there were lot of extraneous issues 'around' the case.

"Persistence" is probably 90% of my success and the rest 10% I attribute to being "sensible/polite/respectful/factual" to everyone around. Remember, once your verbal/written communication starts to reek in "frustration" or emotions; people will try to avoid you in this process or put you on the back burner. And that was exactly what I had avoided - whenever I spoke with HR or the 202 guy, I was very upbeat and factual and did not let any emotion lurk into the conversation. Once you greet/cheer/treat the facing second person nicely, it is incredible to see the results and how it motivates him to do things for you.

I hope that answers your question. Thanks.

Gurus,

I have a specific question. I have an approved EB3 labour PD June 04 and an approved i-140. My employer is saying that we can apply an EB2 Perm Labour(since i qualify for it) and get and i-140 premium processed by March 2007, This way i can retain EB3 Priority date for my EB2 labour.

Is this even possible? Has anybody come across this situation? Please reply!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

babloo_73 said:
Gurus,

I have a specific question. I have an approved EB3 labour PD June 04 and an approved i-140. My employer is saying that we can apply an EB2 Perm Labour(since i qualify for it) and get and i-140 premium processed by March 2007, This way i can retain EB3 Priority date for my EB2 labour.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I did not came across such situation - however, from the postings in this forum, it is possible to port the priority date. Please note, experience gained while working for the same employer (the PERM EB2 petitioner) do not count towards EB2 qualification.

online status certified

Just checked online. My case is certifed.

manwithnoname said:
If your salary (as indicated in the screen shot) is more than the prevailing wage, you have at least one less reason to worry about.

FYI - As per the forum, most NOFs issued are related to salary and recruitment results.

manwithnoname said:
Gurus,

Thanks in advance for your replies..

manwithnoname said:
I did not came across such situation - however, from the postings in this forum, it is possible to port the priority date. Please note, experience gained while working for the same employer (the PERM EB2 petitioner) do not count towards EB2 qualification.

Is it worth spending $200 for asking Sheela Murthy the same question

Screenshot with empty fields.

StressTest,

Recently, I got Screenshot from PBEC.

In the Screenshot there are 3-empty fields.
Occupation Title, Occupation Code and Prevailing Wage.

What does it really mean!!!!
I am really worrying about NOF's. Does the empty columns, lead to any NOF's. :mad:

NJ, EB2, RIR
PD:dec'11th, 2002
45days letter: nov'2005
case: P-05143-3XXXX
Online status : In process

StressTestInUSA said:
Sahil..

F16 said:
StressTest,

I am really worrying about NOF's. Does the empty columns, lead to any NOF's. :mad:

NJ, EB2, RIR
HI,
I have the same question and worried too
Let me know if you get specific ans.

thanks

F16 said:
StressTest,

NJ, EB2, RIR

Hi F16..

I just checked my last screnshot..these fields are empty for me as well...so nothing to worry I think..but still ..both of us are around the same date,I still doubt if they are following atleast 50% FIFO...

Keep your mind set for December end...but since your EB2 and your date being current ..you can be the very very anxious to get the hell out of this shit..

good luck...