Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

gp111

Registered Users (C)
I am starting this New Thread for Tracking Status of Cases in Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (BEC).

As of Today (Nov. 1, 2004) ..

### Phily Cases have been entered in Computer Systems & Letters are expected to go out soon

### San Francisco DOL has fransferred 20K Cases to Both BEC & It has been assumed 10 K of that gone to Phily. (RIR after May 2003 & Non RIR after Oct 2003).. Letters are expected in next 60 days.

Thank you, gp111. I just called 1-415-975-4617, to my big surprise, there was a man answering the call. I didn't know what to say and the man hung up my call very soon.

Philadelphia Backlog Center Contact info

Philadelphia Backlog Center Contact info:

Stephen Stefanko, Foreign Labor Certification Manager, 1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004

T484-270-1500

F484-270-1598

well it doesn't seem to me that the FIFO of Dol is the same as the one we understand. here is the proof:

1- when BEc pick up most of the cases from SF till this day, which is november 2004, this means that they will process people who got their lc in SF queue till oct 2004 although other people in other regional or state offices are waiting since 2001. this is not a FIFO, this is a stupidity.

2- according to what i explained above, i think FIFO for DOl means that they will pick up a whole center or state office and clear it ,then go to another according to actual processing time. agree?

No, BEC has started the moste backlogged DOLS that are Dallas, PHily & SF.. soon they will also stransfer other DOLs... States will follow after DOLs complete the transfer.. They will not wait for one center to clear before transferring from other... just step by step transfer, merge & then FIFO... offcaurse two seperate SIFO for Case in DOL & from States (SWA)... I think this is fair systems & most people from 2001/2 will get advantage in this system

Fifo

So, those adjucating officials from DOL will just sitting there waiting until all the cases have been transferred, especially those from SWA offices likes Connecticut, Michigan, Indiana. Why don't they transfer those cases first?

Talked to the good lady...

As Tomshu said, its comp problem, the letters will go out this week or next (now havn't we heard that before..but I suppose, if there are comp/printer problem give it a week to resolve, it might be high priority for us but not to all)

As of now only two centers Phily and SF (and SF only regional no state...that contradicts what Tomshu says.but..) have send in the apps, there are no instructions for other state or regional center to send their cases.

Eventually they will send.

They are not going to sit and first enter the data and then start the process, more likely the process will start after they recieve letters and I guess a group of ppl will still be inputing data if the data has not been entered.
(Now even BRC has not resolved the process yet, and of course the training is not complete yet)

So as of today, best case, Phily goes first, worse, Phily and SF go together with FIFO.

The folks at the center are anxious to start the process, they are under pressure as well.

Last but not the least there are 20 times more people working, according to her this merger of SF and Phily cases shouls not make a significant difference in your processing time.

According to her no distinction between RIR and traditional at BRC. (bUT i Guess I read something different in Murthy's update...confused now)

rgds,
a

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know if a SF DOL case was sent to Phily BEC or Dallas BEC? My PD is in Aug, 03.

What advantage ?

My RD is June 1

If they are going to send mails over the next 60 days. Wont that actually delay my processing ? If I had stayed in SFO DOL I was expecting an approval by December end...Now that looks like a far cry..

:mad:

gp111 said:
No, BEC has started the moste backlogged DOLS that are Dallas, PHily & SF.. soon they will also stransfer other DOLs... States will follow after DOLs complete the transfer.. They will not wait for one center to clear before transferring from other... just step by step transfer, merge & then FIFO... offcaurse two seperate SIFO for Case in DOL & from States (SWA)... I think this is fair systems & most people from 2001/2 will get advantage in this system

I agree with you, ZB. I think, the new rule will not benefit us. In the long run, the new rule may be good to most people.

Zany_Brainy said:
My RD is June 1

If they are going to send mails over the next 60 days. Wont that actually delay my processing ? If I had stayed in SFO DOL I was expecting an approval by December end...Now that looks like a far cry..

:mad:

gp111 and others Please help

CA RIR PD -> 08/2001
DOL RD -> 08/2002
Remanded to 'Regular category' on 06/2003.
Haven't heard anything after that.
Do u think that these recent changes in Labour certification process will benefit me, if so how?

Thanks
bayareagc

Do you know ?

Where May 2002 PD/ June 2003 RD is in the National FIFO when Philly/Dallas/California are taken together for DOL processing.

Thx
ZB

gp111 said:

Hello all,
I got a call from my lawyer today. My case was finally approved by Virginia SESA (VEC) and was forwarded to Philly DOL. My lawyer faxed me a copy of the letter from VEC. Here are the details.

Virginia SWA, RIR Case Number 03461***
Priority Date (VEC Receipt Date): April 24, 2003
SESA issued NOF on Sept 3, 2004
Deadline for lawyer's response: Oct 18, 2004
Lawyer responded to NOF on: Oct 15, 2004
VEC forwarded the case to Philly DOL on: Oct 29, 2004
Lawyer recieved letter from VEC on: Nov 1, 2004

Does BEC have a AVM or Online case status checking system? Will my case be directly received by BEC OR first by Philly DOL and then by BEC? Anybody, please shed some light. Thanks!

Zany_Brainy said:
Where May 2002 PD/ June 2003 RD is in the National FIFO when Philly/Dallas/California are taken together for DOL processing.

Thx
ZB

Current RIR Processing
Dallas : Jan 03
SF : March 03
Phily : July 03

FIFO will be
SF/Phily Combo... start from May 03
SF/ Dallas Combo...from Jan 03

gp111 said:
Current RIR Processing

FIFO will be

this FIFO thing doesn't make lot of sense, Atlanta Dol is still at april 2003 and chicago at dec 2003. what a FIFO!!!! r u sure it is not a LIFO=last in first out?

DOl is really going nowhere with all those "against logic plans".

antonioa77 said:
this FIFO thing doesn't make lot of sense, Atlanta Dol is still at april 2003 and chicago at dec 2003. what a FIFO!!!! r u sure it is not a LIFO=last in first out?

DOl is really going nowhere with all those "against logic plans".

I am sorry buddy But I can't understand you question.. Till now everything was Regional FIFO.. every state had their own queues, I would say that was giving advantages to same states compare to others (few states takes few months to clear labor compare to 3 to 4 years in NY/NY/TX/CA/WA etc)..

Now DOL is trying to build one (or two) national Queues where everybody will get approval in almost same amount of time (few months here & there).. Yes it will be FIFO not LIFO.

So where does that put us ?

gp111 said:
Current RIR Processing

FIFO will be

And how many cases are they going to process per day ?

Also ...the cases which go to Dallas are going to suffer till Dallas cases upto May are not processed. 5 months worth of Backlog ~ 5000 cases.

Guys, pray that your case goes Philly.

GP111 ?? (thx for all this info though)

ZB

Question on BEC processing

Are they going to simply look at the DOL recd date in the FIFO system or will the PD of the SWA (of that particular state) play a role ?

Let me give an example-

Say SFO DOL RD is July 2003 with SWA PD of August 2002.

versus

Dallas/Philly guy with DOL RD May 2003 but with the SWA PD of November 2002 ?

Whose application will be taken first ? because if its the latter that's not fair.

Please help me out ! Thanks

buckleup1

Zany_Brainy said:
And how many cases are they going to process per day ?

Also ...the cases which go to Dallas are going to suffer till Dallas cases upto May are not processed. 5 months worth of Backlog ~ 5000 cases.

Guys, pray that your case goes Philly.

GP111 ?? (thx for all this info though)

ZB

Good Info...(Thanks to LC4GC)

In order for the Department to meet its statutory responsibilities
under the INA, there is a need for an extension of an existing
collection of information pertaining to employers seeking to hire
foreign workers for permanent or temporary employment in the U.S. by
filing an Application for Alien Employment Certification on their
behalf. There is an increase in burden due to a significant and
sustained increase in the number of applications filed by employers
each year.
Type of Review: Extension.
Agency: Employment and Training Administration, Labor.
Title: Application for Alien Employment Certification.
OMB Number: 1205-0015.
Affected Public: Individuals or households; Businesses or other
for-profit or not-for-profit institutions; Federal, State, Local, or
Tribal governments; Farms.
Form: ETA 750, Parts A and B.
Total Respondents:
Permanent Program: 100,000. H-2A Program: 4,000.
H-2B Program: 8,000.
Frequency of Response: On occasion.
Total Responses: 112,000.
Average Burden Hours Per Response: Permanent Program: 2.8.
H-2A Program: 1.
H-2B Program: 1.4.
Estimate Total Annual Burden Hours: 295,200.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the following is from DOL website

The contractor will provide staff and facilities to perform the complete processing of applications for Permanent Labor Certification; this includes all of the functions that are currently performed at the SWA and a DOL regional office level (except for final approval/certification which must be made by a federal official). While offerors should consult the PwC management report, the simulation reports, and the program's implementing regulations at (20 CFR 656), for a detailed description of the labor certification application and approval process, the following general description of the contractor's duties is provided:
§ Enter application data into an established software program (see simulation study for a description) and begin tracking;
§ Review applications for completeness;
§ Validate the business status of the employer and confirm the employer's knowledge that an application has been filed on the firm's behalf;
§ Conduct prevailing wage review and determination (on-line function);
§ Work with employers to publish advertisements for non-RIR applications;
§ Assist in adjudication of RIR and regular applications;
§ Prepare and respond to correspondence, generally referred to as 45-day letters (See FOOTNOTE #3) ; and
§ Prepare Notification of Findings (NoF) or submit application for approval/denial.

FOOTNOTE #3: 45 day letters are official correspondence between the agency and the employer and are generally used to return incomplete applications and other official notifications affecting the status of an application.

H :confused: ow many Labor Applications processed per day does all this information come to ?

Thx
ZB

Last edited by a moderator: