Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

MDwatch said:
Well it is simply an analysis and I think a very pertinent one. You should also understand that there is not one line at PBEC but rather multiple, each with its own rules. We are simply trying to make sense of it and in that regard, sahil spelled out a good view on the situation

I agree with you and Sahil. However that does not mean that there is any method or real process being followed, which makes it frustrating for the ones that have to make up theories to fugure it out. I think you sum it up quite well actually

I agree to Sahil, but...

PBEC is moving fast, however they are leaving behind a good amount of cases. I think there are lot of people from 2001, 2002 and 2003 still waiting including me.

Thanks
SM

PA EB3-RIR PD April 2003
Online Status - In process

MDwatch said:
I totally agree with your analysis.

I believe that PBEC has divided its team in order to get the backlog cleared. I think that some of their analyst are simply clearing "problem free" cases in FIFO. Another part of their team is working on Non-RIR apps and the rest is looking at the cases left behind. It probably is a three prong approach.

The tracker clearly shows a trend in processing. The first pass to clear out simple cases should be completed by the end of february 07. Then they will have more ressources to adjudicate the rest of the cases.

Hi MDWatch -
I would have to agree with your analysis too. I think PBEC is putting every means to look at the larger problem, as a whole. Slice'n'Dice it, whichever way and get the black mole off their back - seems to be what I'm reading around here. The recent issual of this `RIR Conversion` memo was pretty interesting. The issual of this memo, is pretty much an "advertisement" than anything else. I mean they did not need to 'issue' a memo around this. Attorney's and learned alien immigrants knew about this option all along; the only thing they have done by this is to clear their position on this backlog and sought of 'admitted' tacitly their 'CRY for HELP'. Which is ok - only if people grab on to this opportunity.
I tend remember someone's wise words who said - "Opportunity exists everwhere, you just have to 'find' it." This memo is a good opportunity for someone, to put their case on a fast track to approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
smm123 said:
PBEC is moving fast, however they are leaving behind a good amount of cases. I think there are lot of people from 2001, 2002 and 2003 still waiting including me.

Thanks
SM

PA EB3-RIR PD April 2003

Yeh, including me too!

smm123 said:

Thanks
SM

PA EB3-RIR PD April 2003

Hi SM/PBECisKillingME,
I agree with you guys. No doubt about it, there are issues around PBEC and some pretty hot and thorny. I hate it too. For example, my case got closed, then reopened, then approved, then I had to fight for my certified papers too. I had to fight it out along each step of the way - I absolutely hated it.
But sitting quietly and watching the show is probably not going to help. I have stopped hoping to hope; I have gone aggresive each step of the way. My attorney slammed me the other day as to how aggressive I am. But that's the way life is.
If I had hoped for my case 're-opening' and 'receiving certified ETA's' and depended on my employer/attorney - I can guarantee you that I would have not seen this day.
I guess my point is - you have to fight it out; it is a cruel, selfish world. There is information out here on this board to get your case infront of an analysts desk for adjudication. I have fought for it and gotten success. I have written enough about what, where (and even what font) to fax/call to make things happen.

Things are not perfect - I agree. The only thing you can really do is not to give up or give in.

GCVARUMA said:
Spouse getting H4 stamping(in home country) while the main H1 applicant is in US.

Do go to the link http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=81456&page=2&pp=15 and take a look at post 29 by acrobatguest.

2002calabor.. what you said could be right. In the post by acrobatguest he never got the H1 stamp on the passport. Also keep the board updated about the status of your wife's visa approval.

Thanks.
GCVaruma.

His case is kind of different but still there is too much conflicting information floating around on this issue, and the VFS people have not helped by recently answering in emails that the "Principal Applicant's visa copy needs to be submitted when wife is appearing for H4 stamping." Look at posts 291 and 292 in this thread. - Link to VFS Email Answer Posts

However, many people have reported success even when their passports were not stamped and the spouse was able to get H4 visa processed, so at this point there is no certain answer, it is just that now it is completely up to the consulate officer's discretion. If they want to harass you they can, or just give the visa to you if they feel like it. Although it is now more of a risk than before.

prevailing wage filled

Congrats to all who got their labor cleared.

I recently requested screen shot and all the fields are filled incl. prevailing wage and occupation code. Does it mean no NOF?

clzeus10 said:
His case is kind of different but still there is too much conflicting information floating around on this issue, and the VFS people have not helped by recently answering in emails that the "Principal Applicant's visa copy needs to be submitted when wife is appearing for H4 stamping." Look at posts 291 and 292 in this thread. - Link to VFS Email Answer Posts

However, many people have reported success even when their passports were not stamped and the spouse was able to get H4 visa processed, so at this point there is no certain answer, it is just that now it is completely up to the consulate officer's discretion. If they want to harass you they can, or just give the visa to you if they feel like it. Although it is now more of a risk than before.
I agree with your last line - "more of a risk than before". It’s better to be safe than sorry.

So what my friend did was he had an appointment scheduled in Canada in case something goes wrong. He went over to Canada got his stamping done and faxed his visa page to his wife and got the H4 visa.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
GCVaruma

First of all, congrats Sahil for winning the fight against PBEC!! :) Kudos to you for fighting it out till the last moment!!

I totally agree with your analysis regarding PBEC. This is a golden opportunity for Non-RIR folks to get into the fast track queue. All along, Non-RIR guys were never given preference in processing.

PBEC must have estimated that it may be way too difficult for them to clear the backlog by Sep 2007 unless they place the recruitment burden on the employers. The easiest way for them to do this is to allow Non-RIR guys to get converted to RIR.

MDwatch is right too. There are several queues in PBEC, statewise, RIR/TR wise, easy/difficult cases, etc. In general, there is a clear cut processing trend (if you look at the big picture and not specific skipped cases). It appears to me that they are sincerely committed to elimination of backlog by Sept 2007. This is possibly because they may be feeling the heat and trememdous pressure from their higher-ups in DOL and also from the immigrant community.

If you look at it carefully, the root cause for this entire mess for 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 folks is the 245(i) regulation passed in 2000/2001. Further, the delay in launching of the PERM system exacerbated it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably ....

gcdream2005 said:
Congrats to all who got their labor cleared.

I recently requested screen shot and all the fields are filled incl. prevailing wage and occupation code. Does it mean no NOF?

If your salary (as indicated in the screen shot) is more than the prevailing wage, you have at least one less reason to worry about.

FYI - As per the forum, most NOFs issued are related to salary and recruitment results.

mvinays said:
First of all, congrats Sahil for winning the fight against PBEC!! :) Kudos to you for fighting it out till the last moment!!

I totally agree with your analysis regarding PBEC. This is a golden opportunity for Non-RIR folks to get into the fast track queue. All along, Non-RIR guys were never given preference in processing.

PBEC must have estimated that it may be way too difficult for them to clear the backlog by Sep 2007 unless they place the recruitment burden on the employers. The easiest way for them to do this is to allow Non-RIR guys to get converted to RIR.

MDwatch is right too. There are several queues in PBEC, statewise, RIR/TR wise, easy/difficult cases, etc. In general, there is a clear cut processing trend (if you look at the big picture and not specific skipped cases). It appears to me that they are sincerely committed to elimination of backlog by Sept 2007. This is possibly because they may be feeling the heat and trememdous pressure from their higher-ups in DOL and also from the immigrant community.

If you look at it carefully, the root cause for this entire mess for 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 folks is the 245(i) regulation passed in 2000/2001. Further, the delay in launching of the PERM system exacerbated it.

Hi MVinays,
yeah - its that time now. Shit has hit the fan. People have huddled in rooms to figure out this mess now.

245(i) caused a lot of issues in most populous states (NY/NJ/MD/VA/CA/ etc) and we came to this situation now. Fast approvals in DBEC and continued indecision in PBEC further worsened the wounds.

I definitely think there is committment to clear the mess - I never recall DBEC making this much progress to advance 5-6months of processing PD's in one month timeframe. And PBEC has shown just this now.

I cannot encourage/emphasize more to people to fax letters to PBEC to get your cases in front of them; especially if your case is older and is skipped unfortunately. YOU have to make this effort; do NOT depend on your attorney or employer.

manwithnoname said:
If your salary (as indicated in the screen shot) is more than the prevailing wage, you have at least one less reason to worry about.

FYI - As per the forum, most NOFs issued are related to salary and recruitment results.

More than or less than?

Re: NOF

Finally I got a NOF . Apparently the one which was sent on Aug 17th was never recienved and finally they sent out a new one on Oct 5.

I got a NOF because the DOL believes that the requirements for this position (MS +2 yrs or Bachelors + 5) is too restrictive. They think the requirements are too high and that we are making it difficult for U.S. workers to qualify.

Is this a common NOF.

My legal department is planning to send a business need for the position and the resumes of people who held the same position.

Any idea if this is a common NOF and are there other ways of dealing with it.

Sahil2002 said:
Hi SM/PBECisKillingME,
I agree with you guys. No doubt about it, there are issues around PBEC and some pretty hot and thorny. I hate it too. For example, my case got closed, then reopened, then approved, then I had to fight for my certified papers too. I had to fight it out along each step of the way - I absolutely hated it.
But sitting quietly and watching the show is probably not going to help. I have stopped hoping to hope; I have gone aggresive each step of the way. My attorney slammed me the other day as to how aggressive I am. But that's the way life is.
If I had hoped for my case 're-opening' and 'receiving certified ETA's' and depended on my employer/attorney - I can guarantee you that I would have not seen this day.
I guess my point is - you have to fight it out; it is a cruel, selfish world. There is information out here on this board to get your case infront of an analysts desk for adjudication. I have fought for it and gotten success. I have written enough about what, where (and even what font) to fax/call to make things happen.

Things are not perfect - I agree. The only thing you can really do is not to give up or give in.
Sahil,
Great, Very Excellent!! Your each word filled me in with some kind of Power to fight against these kind of unfair things. Now I have decided to bring my case in front of related authorities. So I need a favor.. Can you send me Fax numbers of these Authorities where you sent faxes. And I will appreciate if you could also specify what should I mention in the letter..
Here is my Detail

PD: Jan-2003
RIR/EB2/NY
ETA# P-05181-XXXXX
OnLIne Status : In_Progress

Why is that PBEC sucks till ones case is approved, and Immdly after their approval, we hear comments like PBEC rocks, They flow FIFO by some arbitary way or trying to find a way to justify PBEC... hmm ...

Sorry guys, nothing personal against anyone, just venting !! Everycase approved makes me happy as it is one less in the queue.

Let us hope we all get out of this ASAP.

Sahil2002 said:
I cannot encourage/emphasize more to people to fax letters to PBEC to get your cases in front of them; especially if your case is older and is skipped unfortunately. YOU have to make this effort; do NOT depend on your attorney or employer.

I have contacted Virginia Senators, Congressmen, faxed letters to Elaine Chao, faxed letters to Congressmen from other states - yet no encouraging response from anyone.

The PBEC even sent reply letters to senators where they repeated the same "case is in queue for processing" BS. Even the senators office tells me they cannot cut through the bureacracy and believe me this is from some of the highest ranking staff in their office.

So now if you think you were able to get results by faxing letters directly to PBEC or some other entity. Please post the relevant contact information and shed some more light on your methods or how you went about it.

Certified Today

Glad to share that my wife's lc certified today according to the online status check.

Details below:

Maryland, RIR/EB3
PD-June 6, 2003
45-day letter-2/06
P-05146-4****

The database is pretty real time. I checked at about 10 am when it was still IN PROCESS while when I checked back in 1PM it appeared CERTIFIED.

Good luck to every one.

:)