Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congrats StressTest

StressTestInUSA said:
I will still be hanging in this forum..

I see so many nicknames and I too will rejoice when they get thru out of this hell..!!

I was quite nervous about this case,as this case was filed by company A, taken over by company B and the 45 day letter was replied by company B...I thought I will be asked for a lot of paperwork for proof of takeover etc and batting and bowling of documents.. can sleep well tonight..

I have another labor filed from my previous employer in EB2/NY in Oct 2003,I think there is some where I can use this 2002 PD for the EB2 case, have to do some Homework on that..

Hi StressTest

Hearty Congratulations.
You contributed a lot to this forum. You deserve this Labor.
Good luch with your next stages.

Take Care

StressTestInUSA said:
Guys...!!

My Stress is releived to an extent...!!

I got the labor as certified in the mail just now, a copy has been sent to the employer too and the original will goto the attny I guess.

But the sad part this is an EB3 India case..

Congrates buddy! May be this is the first time I am happy loosing a collegue.

I recently gave up and changed jobs (joined the new company a week before the letter was sent). My previous employer had informed me that they would withdraw my old LC. I was not even expecting anything from PBEC. I don't plan to follow up on this NOF unless the attorney sends them something on his own (I have not told him that I have changed jobs). My new employer is about to file PERM for me in EB2. Since, I belong to rest of the world, that's they only way for me.

I didn't know that if LC is denied, a new one cannot be filed for another 6 months. Thanks for the link, I just read it there. I am expecting the new PERM LC process to start within a week. I don't know if this rule applies to PERM LCs too or not or whether it matters if the new LC is from a different employer.

I believe I received the NOF because I sent a few emails to Stefanko and John Beverly inquiring about the status of my LC. I sent 3 emails in a one year period and received a personal reply from John Beverly once.

The NOF says that the job requirement was no experience one hand and requires the use of certain software by the employee on the other hand. They want proof that I learned those software in school before I joined the compny. I think my attorney messed up somehow.

My only concern at this time is that this NOF should not effect my new PERM LC in any way. Members reading this email, please let me know that my fears are unfounded and I should not worry. I am just sick and tired of dealing with the US immigration system.

Thank you for your concern about my case.

Good luck to you.

noluck2005 said:
every NOF has intent to deny, your lawyer probably received NOF letter where they said that they want additional information about, your company, recrutment, etc....... I am not a lawyer that is what I read in their manual - you can find it
http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/SIMTrainingManual.pdf
you and your lawyer have 35 days to respond (rebutal). if you do not respond your LC denial is final, and you won't be able to file another LC for 6 months- this is written in their manual I don't know does that mean using old system of filing LC or that also means PERM.
That is a bad news and I am sorry for you; but I also read long time ago on this website, if my memory is correct, that Rajiv Khanna (lawyer who owns this website) received NOFs for some of his clients but has almost never lost a case. So don't loose faith. You should fight them, give your best and you will win.
Last few days i have been reading DBEC thread, except few oldtimers they don't know what is NOF, that means there are no NOFs in Dallas. I don't know why people in PBEC are so strict, why they are giving us hard time, first they are slow (1+ yer behind dallas), and now all this NOFs. Most of the people will fight NOFs, after NOF denial you can probably fight your case in apeal court, to give you some time to file perm.
so my friend FIGHT and have a faith

somehow I got this impression after digging this website. The more recent 45 day letter you recieve, the sooner you are going to get approval. Like one ppl is certified 4 days after recieving 45 day letter. Anyone with me? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that you should tell your lawyer to withdraw case, then your case won’t be denied, it would be withdrawn, but I don’t think that any of this matter because you are applying PERM through other company.
My HR told me that she called 202 number and they told her that 45 day letter response was received last year sometimes in March, and that my case is pending and they don’t know when it will be determined, she told me it can be any day or in couple of months. She suggested me to ask my managers for are they supportive of PERM, my manager is OK but he has to ask his boss, then how much is that going to cost, bla, bla, bla.
I hope that boss of my boss will approve PERM expense.
By the way how much does it cost to file PERM about 10k more less?
I am right now EB3 almost 4 years of waiting and now after talking with HR and lawyer they kind of suggested me to go for PERM EB2. My lawyer filed EB3 before because in 2002 it didn’t matter, and I am rest of the world so nobody really know that visa retrogression is going to happened.
I think that my HR and my lawyer just want that I stop bugging them by e-mails “what is going on with my case”, they are kind of people leave me alone, don’t bug me. It is good for me that I work for big company, and that they are paying for my GC, and it looks like they want it done ASAP my lawyer, hr and my boss. I hope that boss of my boss will OK it. :)
I think the lawyers love this BEC mess they know that sooner than latter we will switch to PERM especially EB3 people who can qualify for EB2, and that means more money for them.
I also think it is not wise to write e-mails to big guys in DOL, because you are nobody in their eyes and you are bugging them, so they will just squash you as a bug. :(

best luck to you all

sick_of_waiting said:
I recently gave up and changed jobs (joined the new company a week before the letter was sent). My previous employer had informed me that they would withdraw my old LC. I was not even expecting anything from PBEC. I don't plan to follow up on this NOF unless the attorney sends them something on his own (I have not told him that I have changed jobs). My new employer is about to file PERM for me in EB2. Since, I belong to rest of the world, that's they only way for me.

I didn't know that if LC is denied, a new one cannot be filed for another 6 months. Thanks for the link, I just read it there. I am expecting the new PERM LC process to start within a week. I don't know if this rule applies to PERM LCs too or not or whether it matters if the new LC is from a different employer.

I believe I received the NOF because I sent a few emails to Stefanko and John Beverly inquiring about the status of my LC. I sent 3 emails in a one year period and received a personal reply from John Beverly once.

The NOF says that the job requirement was no experience one hand and requires the use of certain software by the employee on the other hand. They want proof that I learned those software in school before I joined the compny. I think my attorney messed up somehow.

My only concern at this time is that this NOF should not effect my new PERM LC in any way. Members reading this email, please let me know that my fears are unfounded and I should not worry. I am just sick and tired of dealing with the US immigration system.

Thank you for your concern about my case.

Good luck to you.

you knw what will be one of the best days for me

It will be the day when I will delete all bookmarks in my browser which are related to PBEC, PERM, INS anything related to immigration. I am addicted to this board and I am wasting to much of my time here. I just hope that we will all be out of this mess as soon as possible. i think that all this mess is just tactics to get as much money from us lawyer fees, ss tax, slave not complaining employees. Without us USA industry & economy will be nowhere. They know it and that is why they are keeping us as loong as they can in H1b status :cool:

Very true

noluck2005 said:
It will be the day when I will delete all bookmarks in my browser which are related to PBEC, PERM, INS anything related to immigration. I am addicted to this board and I am wasting to much of my time here. I just hope that we will all be out of this mess as soon as possible. i think that all this mess is just tactics to get as much money from us lawyer fees, ss tax, slave not complaining employees. Without us USA industry & economy will be nowhere. They know it and that is why they are keeping us as loong as they can in H1b status :cool:
Everyone benefits except us..

Guys, Please Help.

I have 6 months left before my 6th year on H1B starts. I have GC file pending with PBEC with PD June 12th 2006, NY, EB3. If for some reason my GC file gets denied when I am in 6th year on H1B,

1) Can i file LC in PERM immediately when I am in 6th year of H1B (or i cannot file because of that stupied 6 month rule)?
2) If “YES” assuming LC in PERM is approved along with I140, am I eligible to get 3 years of H1b extension even though I filed LC in PERM in 6th year of H1B?

I want to decide if have to spend $8-10 (which i would have to bear because my company would not spend any $) for filing in PERM right now or should wait to see what comes out of my pending LC if I have any flexibility for filing PERM in 6th year.

Thanks. Would appreaciate any input.

those certified ppl

would you please tell me is the certifying officer on your approval the same as of the one on your 45 day letter?

I just found the name on my 45 day letter is Stephen W. Stefanko, and he is already retired? I wonder who is taking over my case now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks

hear, hear !

noluck2005 said:

Some More Information

Guys
Here is an update

In April 2001, there were 9000 cases in que at DOL , that is why when ever some body calls at DOL to get some info, they hear that DOL is still processing April 2001 cases, after April the average cases that were filed with DOL range from 150-200 per month

PBEC is now processing 500 cases a day, they are also workin on weekends to finish this mess

Most of the 2003, 2004 and 2005 cases that are being approved are of the peopel who applied as a teacher, professor or related to teaching. These caes are from different universities and training institutions

My case now is 21000 approx out of 53000 approx cases in PBEC

-------------

tot-batot said:
Guys
Here is an update

In April 2001, there were 9000 cases in que at DOL , that is why when ever some body calls at DOL to get some info, they hear that DOL is still processing April 2001 cases, after April the average cases that were filed with DOL range from 150-200 per month

PBEC is now processing 500 cases a day, they are also workin on weekends to finish this mess

Most of the 2003, 2004 and 2005 cases that are being approved are of the peopel who applied as a teacher, professor or related to teaching. These caes are from different universities and training institutions

My case now is 21000 approx out of 53000 approx cases in PBEC

-------------

Thanks for the info tot ! Can you give the source for added credibility ?

Math time baby.
If an average employee at BEC takes 15 minutes to process a case (I am pretty sure they only look at key points in the appl). Thats 4x8=32 cases per day. that will need about 15 employees at PBEC to process about 500 cases. I am sure, nah I am hoping that there are at least 15 employees doing this job if not more.
But in anycase the source of this information would really help us poor souls rest in peace a bit...

seanzhangny said:
this does not make sense. So PBEC is processing 2 months case load in 1 day? If that were true, we would have been out of this big mess long time ago.

StressTestInUSA said:
I will still be hanging in this forum..

I see so many nicknames and I too will rejoice when they get thru out of this hell..!!

I was quite nervous about this case,as this case was filed by company A, taken over by company B and the 45 day letter was replied by company B...I thought I will be asked for a lot of paperwork for proof of takeover etc and batting and bowling of documents.. can sleep well tonight..

I have another labor filed from my previous employer in EB2/NY in Oct 2003,I think there is some where I can use this 2002 PD for the EB2 case, have to do some Homework on that..

Congrats Stress Test.

I personally thank you for your invaluable contribution to this forum

Good Luck for your next stages and for everything you do.

Oct 2003 NJ Labor

Hi

My detail

EB2-NJ
45 Day letter Recived-28th Feb 2006(dated 21st Feb 2006)
45 Day letter replied -02nd Mar 2006
Got letter saying case closed-22nd May 2006,
Sent letter to PBEC reopen the case- 28th May 2006.

Still waiting responce from PBEC ???? :mad:

OCt 2003 NJ Labor

Forgtton to Write 45 Day letter No.

P-05143-XXXXX
My detail

EB2-NJ
45 Day letter Recived-28th Feb 2006(dated 21st Feb 2006)
45 Day letter replied -02nd Mar 2006
Got letter saying case closed-22nd May 2006,
Sent letter to PBEC reopen the case- 28th May 2006.

Still waiting responce from PBEC ???? :mad:[/QUOTE]
:mad:

Certified

Wanted to share the good news with all of you. I heard from the lawyers on 07/18 that my LC was certified. I do not know the date of certification.

Actually, my manager had called the 202 number a week back (on 07/10) and was told that the analyst had recommended my case to be certified, but it was not certified then.

Don't know if that triggered them to go ahead and certify and send the letter to the lawyers -- Or, if the case was really certifed but, the "nice man" did not want to say that.

In anycase, it is certified now. We have started the procedure to file I-140/485 before end of this month, as numbers become unavialable after that.

Details in signature.
Thank you all for making this forum such an informative and encouraging one.

Good Luck to All!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats & Good Luck for your next phase
In_GC_Race said:
Wanted to share the good news with all of you. I heard from the lawyers on 07/18 that my LC was certified. I do not know the date of certification.

Actually, my manager had called the 202 number a week back (on 07/10) and was told that the analyst had recommended my case to be certified, but it was not certified then.

Don't know if that triggered them to go ahead and certify and send the letter to the lawyers -- Or, if the case was really certifed but, the "nice man" did not want to say that.

In anycase, it is certified now. We have started the procedure to file I-140/485 before end of this month, as numbers become unavialable after that.

Details in signature.
Thank you all for making this forum such an informative and encouraging one.

Good Luck to All!

Screen Shot

I requested my lawyer to ask PEBC for a screen shot this morning and she got reply back in 1 hour :) . Attached is the copy of the shot.

Can some one let me know if there is something in the shot which i should worry about and how far i am form the approval. :confused: