• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Paris Embassy : Game Over / Visa Over

phata91

Someone in Paris said, he received this following email from Paris Embassy:

"
Sir,

We received the copy of the bank account. However, we were informed that the diversity lottery program DV2014 has reached the annual quota and no more visa numbers are available. We will be notified if, however, some numbers have not been attributed to the months of August and September, but unlikely and without warranty. !

"

By the way, the guy is from Algeria but he lives in France and his CN were an AF !

What i'm thinking it's maybe the Algeria quota has reached and not all the countries!

What do you think GUYS ?

"
Sir,

We received the copy of the bank account. However, we were informed that the diversity lottery program DV2014 has reached the annual quota and no more visa numbers are available. We will be notified if, however, some numbers have not been attributed to the months of August and September, but unlikely and without warranty. !

"

By the way, the guy is from Algeria but he lives in France and his CN were an AF !

What i'm thinking it's maybe the Algeria quota has reached and not all the countries!

What do you think GUYS ?
If he is the person I think you may be referring to, he presumably needs a new visa number to be allocated to his case, as he lost the original assignment when he was put on AP. This is, for all intents and purposes, different from folks who attend already scheduled CP interviews and therefore have visa numbers assigned to their case, already. Good news then is that he obviously got the bank account with his name to it, as advised, and now just requires an allocation of the new visa number for his case at the US consulate in Paris, which normally should be forthcoming. As previously discussed, he most likely would have had more immediate success with the US Consulate in Algeria, yet it is what it is and can not be changed retroactively, of course.

Last edited:
It is hard to be sure how genuine that is. I think there may also be some confusion going on - because it may be true that no additional numbers will be added to the VB, but that does not mean that visas have actually run out. Clearly in this case the person went to the embassy without evidence of financial support (big mistake) so was on AP. We don't know how long that person was on AP, but it is possibly that AP cases don't hold their spot (as has been warned by several embassies) so being on AP this late in the year is highly risky.

"
Sir,

"

What do you think GUYS ?

What is your friend CN?

It's not the " official words" because the email were in French , i just translated it in English by Google !

Algerians need an affidavit of support its compulsory! So i believe he was under AP, and now his trying to make it up with a bank statement.
Obviously at this stage he lost his visa slot, and its very improbable for him to get an other slot rellocated.
That's why he got the warning email.
Again what is his CN?

Algerians need an affidavit of support its compulsory! So i believe he was under AP, and now his trying to make it up with a bank statement.
Obviously at this stage he lost his visa slot, and its very improbable for him to get an other slot rellocated.
Again what is his CN?

The implementation of the rules varies from embassy to embassy. So, an Algerian interviewing in Paris may find an I134 is not compulsory, but still they obviously asked for proof of financial support - and yes he was obviously using bank statements for that purpose.

The implementation of the rules varies from embassy to embassy. So, an Algerian interviewing in Paris may find an I134 is not compulsory, but still they obviously asked for proof of financial support - and yes he was obviously using bank statements for that purpose.
On the french forum, all the algerians were ask for an aos in paris.

In Paris , they ask the AOS but if you don't have it you can prove a financial support like a bank account , But lot of money should be in the Account !

Right - around $10k per adults - $25k for a family of four. These are not Paris guidelines they are standard guidelines laid down in immigration law. Some embassies choose to enforce them broadly, others only check where there are some concerns.

Again what is his CN?
I really don't know His Cn , He was just current in June or July! I will ask him later

Right - around $10k per adults - $25k for a family of four. These are not Paris guidelines they are standard guidelines laid down in immigration law. Some embassies choose to enforce them broadly, others only check where there are some concerns.
Simon, they ask to 125% of the guide line, if you can't provide an AOs for the algerian selectees.

It's probably over :-( it's consistent with the info I got during my miserable interview. There are no more visas left as demand has been higher than expected.

It's probably over :-( it's consistent with the info I got during my miserable interview. There are no more visas left as demand has been higher than expected.

I think you should be pestering them and keep contacting them regularly to remind them that you exist and that they should grab a visa for your as soon as one becomes available.

For now, as some friends post earlier, the most appropriate explanation of what is hapenning is all scheduled Interviews had Assigned Visa numbers. And when a case run throught AP it looses it's assigned Visa Number (most probably after a new VB are published and new cases are scheduled). Those cases should wait for refused or new AP cases to get new Assigned visa numbers.

And there is no Wait list apparently