• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October VB Released DV2015

Well, if you were denied now there may be a good reason to be denied again. That is why I asked what the "in case" was for. If it is ...In case I get struck down with dread disease and do not activate my visa in time - yes. If it is "in case I get denied", well often if you are denied for DV it is for a reason like not meeting the basic criteria, which may not change next time.
Ok Sussie ,disregard "just incase" what would you advise her.To enter or not to enter.

Ok Sussie ,disregard "just incase" what would you advise her.To enter or not to enter.

Quite honestly I don't see the point, with a low number. If she does get selected again it will be a waste of a selection almost certainly, taking away the chance from someome else. If she had a high number and wasn't certain of an interview this year then I would suggest entering again.
Let me put the question differently. On the logic that she should enter again, why aren't you entering again, or why doesn't every single winner enter again anyway?

Well, if you were denied now there may be a good reason to be denied again. That is why I asked what the "in case" was for. If it is ...In case I get struck down with dread disease and do not activate my visa in time - yes. If it is "in case I get denied", well often if you are denied for DV it is for a reason like not meeting the basic criteria, which may not change next time.
I don't know whatever may happen, I surely meet all the criteria, and touch wood I get stuck with a disease, I just thought to ask, but I also think it doesn't make the much sense to enter again.

Hello,
Just a quick update we applied for admission to the US today crossing the border by taking the Niagara Falls rainbow bridge, 3 hours of waiting :( before getting called to the window #7 and another 30min waiting the officer to finish the paper work, no single question was asked. He just said: now you're permenant resident of the United state, and that's was all, now the question is should I go and check if the information were sent to the SSN office (as I need the SSN number as soon as possible for my work ) to issue the card, or just just wait for how long?

Thanks,

Hello,
Just a quick update we applied for admission to the US today crossing the border by taking the Niagara Falls rainbow bridge, 3 hours of waiting :( before getting called to the window #7 and another 30min waiting the officer to finish the paper work, no single question was asked. He just said: now you're permenant resident of the United state, and that's was all, now the question is should I go and check if the information were sent to the SSN office (as I need the SSN number as soon as possible for my work ) to issue the card, or just just wait for how long?

Thanks,
Welcome to the land
SSN process in most states takes 9 to 9+ days.The Social Security office will advise you to visit them after 3 weeks from today in case you never received your SSN

Welcome to the land
SSN process in most states takes 9 to 9+ days.The Social Security office will advise you to visit them after 3 weeks from today in case you never received your SSN
Thanks simon,
I read several threads talking about people having checked the box on the ds260 form regarding the SSN, but not receiving the SSN card until they want to the office and requested in person, as I needing the SSN card very soon I want to make sure that I cover all the bases and make sure the the request for the SSN office.

Thanks

Thanks simon,
I read several threads talking about people having checked the box on the ds260 form regarding the SSN, but not receiving the SSN card until they want to the office and requested in person, as I needing the SSN card very soon I want to make sure that I cover all the bases and make sure the the request for the SSN office.

Thanks

There's no harm in visiting the nearest SSA office to find out if SSN request was put in on your behalf.

p.s. Don't post the same question on more than one thread. Post once and wait for someone to respond.

I posted on multiple thread more about sharing the experience than expecting an answer for the question, but thanks for the note.