Oct 2009 filers, post here.

Hi folks

Are there any Oct filers from NYC DO on this thread?
I wanted to check how long it took for Oct filers from NYC to get the interview letter. I filed in Nov and haven't received interview latter yet.
I know NYC is supposed to be slower, but wanted to get a sense of how much slower. I need to make some travel plans and it would be great to get some rough idea of how long it's taking in NYC.

Thanks!

my guess is you should be receiving IL letter within a week from now

GC Approved - I guess

I promised to post our experience of the green card interview. Our interview was lightening fast. It only took less than 5 mins. After the oath, the officer only asked my husband the questions on the 485 form about the arrest records, illegal entry, etc. My husband answered 'no' to all the questions. Then the officer read and marked through the files himself. At last, he asked us ‘Do you have any support document to give me?' I gave him the utility bills, phone bills, bank statements, and photos. He kept all the documents in the file and said that he would review it later. He took a look at the photos and gave them back to us. The officer said that we would get decision letter within 2 weeks and he said 'It should not have any problem.' That's it. No tricky questions and much faster than we expected. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
GC approved

First of all I would like to thank this forum and the wonderful people that answered all my questions.

My wife had her interview today at 11.00. We were there at 10.30 along with our daughter. We were called at 11.30 and our daughter was getting restless. Wife had to keep feeding her jelly beans to keep her under control. The officer was a middle aged guy , very polite and a good sense of humor. When he called us in he apologized for being late and said not everyone's case is as straight forward as yours with a wink. He had a file of all the documents I had sent for I-485. He first asked us to raise our right hand before and swear that we tell the truth. He asked for our drivers licenses and citizenship proofs. My wife's drivers license had an old address. He asked why are living separate. My wife immediately said she did not update the records and started digging the folder which had tons of bills with her name and current address on it. My daughter became busy in playing with stationery on the table while I was making ready for all the documents he may ask. He asked for our copies of daughter's birth certificate, auto insurance policy, credit cards and joint account bank statements. He said that was more than enough though I always thought I was under prepared. He took away the original EAD and Advanced parole. He stamped my wife's passport with permanent resident stamp and said you are free to travel. After 2 yrs and 9 months you are eligible to apply for US citizenship he said and again apologized for the delay.

Woohoo! :)

Good luck to everyone !