Oct 2009 filers, post here.

Guys,

Does anyone of you know if I need to have a Passport with atleast 6 months of expiry for my Green Card interview. Unfortunately mine expires this June and my int is in Feb? Any thoughts would be helpful.

No it does not matter. You need your passport when you go for your interview. So you can renew after that..

I do agree with hsjin76, Congrats October fillers.

Good luck to everybody.

Update my signature.......I hope to find GC today or tomorrow in my mail box.

What questions were your parents asked?

hsjin76 : congratulations. Can you post a bit more about the interview. Did the IO ask any questions and look at any documents? My parents interview is on 01/26/2009 and would love to know what to expect.

Thanks.

Wow...lots of good result postings.
My parents also passed the interview today.
It was very smooth and the IO was very nice.
I just see the online status says that the card production was ordered.
I got so much help from this forum.

Good luck to everybody who's still waiting.

Hello everybody! Just wanted to update everyone that I was approved for gc at the interview. Interview went smoothly and was asked only for the pictures. EAD and I-94 was not taken. I did received welcome letter email and I-130 email shortly after the interview.

we had our AOS interview today at Los Angeles District Office at 1:00 pm. Everything went so smoothly. the IO asked only basic question to my husband such as what is your current address, is this your second marriage? where is your divorce decree and we showed it to him (only a copy ) and IO officer asked why we dont have any original and it should be certified with a seal, we explain that it was only given by his daughter and we will get the original as soon as possible, we thought were gonna have negatiive point at this moment.. then the IO asked me if this is my first marriage, and do we happen to have any children, we answer no kid and told IO that we just found out that i am pregnant (guess, got lucky also LOL) and then IO ask any joint ownership, we gave him the car registration, auto insurance, business we formed, and IO asked for any Lease agreement and ask for all the copy of the things he asked. IO said i think everything appears to be legal and fine and i should get my LPR within 2-3 weeks. IO printed my approval letter and wish me the best luck on my permanent stay....Green Card on the way without condition.

congrats moonsoon and to every body that pass their Interview.
Oct 28 2009 AOS family based package sent lee summit
November 3 2009 Cheque cash
November 5 2009 NOA received on mail
November 6 2009 Change of Address filed
November 10 2009 Confirmation Received (change of Address)
November 14 2009 NOA biometrics
November 23 2009 Biometrics Done (application center in Wilshire Los Angeles)
December 14 2009 Interview notice received for January 25 2010
December 22 2009 Advance Parole received
January 17 2010 EAD RECEIVED
January 19 2010 applied for social security
January 25, 2010 INTERVIEW APPROVED
January 25, 2010 Social Security Card Received (mail) double yahoo :)

Did anyone here who filed AOS based on family (parents) rather than based on marriage have an interview already? I seems most of you filed AOS based on marriage. Although I appreciate your feedback on the forum, I am eager to find more information from who had an interview based on family or relatives excluding spouse.
If you are one of them, please share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Dongseokji - I would recommend you look over the boards and see threads for August, September and November filers. You may find the information you are looking for and be able to compare experiences. Good luck!

Approved!!!!

My parents had their interview today in San Jose office and it went very smoothly. Here is what happened:

- We got there about 15 minutes before the interview. I put both my parents' interview notice together in the bin.
- I had prepared myself with copies of the application, copies of all the originals + originals I submitted , parents' passport, my passport and my naturalization certificate etc.
- The IL was very friendly and greeted us very warmly. He mentioned we can do them both together so we can get this over with quickly.
- He complimented the fact I had prepared the application myself with all the required documentation and that it was perfect. He quipped that there is no need for a lawyers in such cases :)
- He verified if the address was still correct. Took my parent's passports and my driver's license. I had a typo in my Mother's 485 where my father's date of birth was entered incorrectly. He corrected that.
- He mentioned that he saw only one affidavit of birth for my father. So I gave him the copy that I brought with me.
- He took the I-94's , stamped the application , asked my parents to sign and said the welcome letter will be sent soon and that the card should arrive in 15 days.

YAY!!!

I don't see any change in the status when I look it up online. So I don't know when that will actually change.

Good luck to all of you. It is amazing, the notice date was Nov 13th and they will probably have their green card by Feb 13th (3 months!).

AKG1943
Dear Friends&/rpt1020

We have received our interview date today for 02/25/2010.
we want the following information from you.
1- It is common to get interview in case of parents of US citizen.
2- What documents we should take with us.
3- Any one has experience of interview and can guide us.

10/14/2009 Application I-485,I-130 &I-131 sent to Chicago for AOS of Parents on B1/B2
10/27/2009 Received receipt letter.
11/03/09 Received letter for FP on 11/18/09.
11/08/09 I.E.Letter for Birth certificate giving 87 days.
11/18/09 F P done normal no problem.
12/23/09 Reply of IE was sent.Two affidavit and nonavailability certificate.
12/31/09 Reply received at US office.
01/15/10 AP received I-131 date 01/07/10.
01/26/10 Interview letter received for 02/25/10.

We have received our interview date for 02/25/2010.
we want the following information from you.
1- It is common to get interview in case of parents of US citizen.
2- What documents we should take with us.
3- Any one has experience of interview and can guide us.

10/14/2009 Application I-485,I-130 &I-131 sent to Chicago for AOS of Parents on B1/B2
10/27/2009 Received receipt letter.
11/03/09 Received letter for FP on 11/18/09.
11/08/09 I.E.Letter for Birth certificate giving 87 days.
11/18/09 F P done normal no problem.
12/23/09 Reply of IE was sent.Two affidavit and nonavailability certificate.
12/31/09 Reply received at US office.
01/15/10 AP received I-131 date 01/07/10.
01/26/10 Interview letter received for 02/25/10.

I received the welcome notice email on Jan 27. It states "On January 27, 2010, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

Am I supposed to received an actual welcome notice letter? or this email is the welcome letter, I am asking cuz I haven't received anything. Another question, I haven't received any approval letter, so does this welcome email already means my I485 has been approved? If so why didn't I get any approval letter first but welcome notice email instead. Also, is it really gonna take 60 days to get the card? I think most of people here only took one week.

I am planning marrying my gf after getting GC immediately. Can I apply I130 F2b for my gf immediately after getting marriage certificate? Any body knows?

DO Atlanta

Interview went well. Got the Congrats letter hand delivered.
IO had "cold" face.. no smile at all during the whole process!

Started with the IO asking for any EAD(s) and passport and birth certificates and DL. Also the appointment letter.

He asked my husband:
Wife's name
When you met
Are you living together
What address are you living at currently
Where were you living before
Wife's birthday
What is the date of your marriage (My husband is very bad at dates in general and he missed the date by 1 day..Oops!!)
Are you working

Then me:
What's husband full name
Husband's birthday
How long have you been in US
How many time have you entered US
What is the last port of entry
When was last time you entered US
Are both parents still alive
Have you ever entered US with other's people identity
How long have you been living together, and where
Asked if I will be keeping my husband last name

Then the rest of the questions are just standard.. have you entered US illegally, been in jail, etc.

He then asked if there is any additional documents we want to submit to show proof of comingling. We gave them updated bank statement and utilities bills.
(If you have copy of lease agreement, bring with you as I didn't have it but he asked for it)

He then returned my current EAD, passports, DL and birth certificates then handed me the Congratulations letter.

Appointment is 8am and we left the immigration office at 8am (we got there an hour earlier so we signed in anyway and was called earlier).

Hi folks

Are there any Oct filers from NYC DO on this thread?
I wanted to check how long it took for Oct filers from NYC to get the interview letter. I filed in Nov and haven't received interview latter yet.
I know NYC is supposed to be slower, but wanted to get a sense of how much slower. I need to make some travel plans and it would be great to get some rough idea of how long it's taking in NYC.

Thanks!

DO Atlanta

Interview went well. Got the Congrats letter hand delivered.
IO had "cold" face.. no smile at all during the whole process!

Started with the IO asking for any EAD(s) and passport and birth certificates and DL. Also the appointment letter.

He asked my husband:
Wife's name
When you met
Are you living together
What address are you living at currently
Where were you living before
Wife's birthday
What is the date of your marriage (My husband is very bad at dates in general and he missed the date by 1 day..Oops!!)
Are you working

Then me:
What's husband full name
Husband's birthday
How long have you been in US
How many time have you entered US
What is the last port of entry
When was last time you entered US
Are both parents still alive
Have you ever entered US with other's people identity
How long have you been living together, and where
Asked if I will be keeping my husband last name

Then the rest of the questions are just standard.. have you entered US illegally, been in jail, etc.

He then asked if there is any additional documents we want to submit to show proof of comingling. We gave them updated bank statement and utilities bills.
(If you have copy of lease agreement, bring with you as I didn't have it but he asked for it)

He then returned my current EAD, passports, DL and birth certificates then handed me the Congratulations letter.

Appointment is 8am and we left the immigration office at 8am (we got there an hour earlier so we signed in anyway and was called earlier).

Congrats!