New TSC dicussion - Nov. 26

When is the best time to check AVM?

I checked the AVM during the holiday but the phone line halted without any sound every time I called.
Could anyone please tell me when is the best to call AVM?
Thanks.

Hello

Hello Guys,

I am leavin for India this weekend (11/30).

Last time I checked AVM was on Wed 11/21/01, my case was not approved.
I did not check after that assuming that nothing would change over
Thanksgiving weekend. I hope it gets approved by the time I come back
and I will end up applying for 485 only next year.

Good Luck to you all approved and waiting.

If u remember I had questions regarding my wife H1-H4 confusions, luckily
her vacation is approved. So we will be going for new H1 stamping. Moreover,
I learned one more thing is that to take photograph with your employer with
company logo in back if possible, for someone like in our situtaion. I hope
everything work out OK consulate for us.

One questions though, do we have to submit all i-94 we have, when leaving US
(all entenxions, changed job, changed status) or we have to just submit last I-94 we
entered with ?

Guys keep this conversation going.

Good Luck.

h1togc

No Title

Good luck for H-1 B stamp on your wife Pass Port. Regarding I-94, you need to submit the latest one.
But bring over all you have just in case. Make sure to have duplicate copies of all your I-94s

Have a nice time in India. Enjoy your time there.

Wish you a very happy and safe journey.

KP

Help! RFE from AVM

I called TSC and the AVM said that a letter was sent out for further document on 11/19.
Please help me understand four things.
1. Is RFE better than “A letter has been sent out with a decision”?
2. Would my case be considered as a new case once TSC has received those documents?
It means I have to wait for another 275 days if TSC treats an RFE case as a new case.
3. How long does it take for an RFE case if it is not considered as a new case?
4. Would I get a new case number for my REF case?
Thank you for your help.
CKL
ND 02/20/2001 EB2

No Title

RFE Case is not treated as new case once you answered the question. "A letter has been Sen out with a Desicion" I think it is not a RFE. I belive RFE Message is "A REQUEST has been sent For additional In formation" and It tells " Normally this cae will take Blah Blah....". I am not sure. Gking Could you help me here?

No Title

A request for additional information is far beter than a decision has been mailed. Provided that you are able to provide the requested documents, you should be fine. A decision being mailed is generally an intent to deny and must be appealed.

The message is RFE and not a letter sent out with a decision

Sorry to cause your confusion.
The AVM did say that a letter has been sent out for furthur documents.
I was thinking that it should be better than hear something like "A letter sent out with a decision".
I also talked to and IIO about what documents I have to provide before I receive the letter.
He said that, from his computer, he only knew a letter has been sent out and but computer did not have information on what documents they need.

What is the contact number?

CKL,
 How do u get to talk to IIOs?
Whenever I call the no 2143811423 I always get an engaged tone during the day..What number do you call to get an IIO on the line?
Thanks

Your phone number is the right one

The number you call is the right one.
Of course, the line is always busy.
I always try more than 30 minutes before the line gets through.
Then, if you want to talk to an IIO, you will be put on hold for more than 30 minutes before an IIO talk to you.
Please note that each time you call and talk to an IIO, there will be a record in your file in TSC\'s computer system.

huh

When the economy is Down...
With TSC Processing slowing Down...
To bring the spirits Up...
Thought wud bring this Thread Up..

-Citizen :)

No Title

TSC processing has several feedback paths and one of them is US economy. Obviously if some thing happens in feedback path processing has to be affected.

By the way still AVM syas same message.

KP
TSC I-140 ND Feb 20, 2001

No Title

Gking !

After October 2001, you can not do CP in Mexico that is what I read some where in this site. The reason Mexico consulate is saying that they are heavily loaded due to the TCN.

I may not go for CP. I will do AOS.

But it is good to do CP if you could do it.

KP

I think TSC is concentrating on EB2 RIR cases

Gking
I think they are clearing some of the EB2 cases from March, still TSC sucks.

Let\'s pray GOD,other than what else we can do!!! Hope 2002 brings bunch of good news and good economy.

Kishan or Gking can u please clear my doubt??

Can we opt to go to third country other than home country for I485 is it true?If we get rejected what we need to do?even in home country if we get rejected should we need tostart from labour again??
Can u please clear my doubts??Based on the information i may be opting for CP in Mexico or Cnada.

Thanks
Coolcat1

No Title

Yes you can opt for third country but Mexico has stoped doing that since October 2001. Normally CP is done at a consulate of last residence of the alien, otherwise one need to go to country of citizenship. If VISA officer cancels your H-1B you can not come back otherwise you may come back and start the process all over again.

Hope it clears your doubt.

KP