Multiple 485s: Marriage Based 485 application while Employement Based 485 is Pending

BSH, that's the right address, however suggest you wait till ur interview before asking for the transfer.

Hey Folks...got my Card :) What a journey.

Quick question - when I travel out of the country for less than six months - do I need anything stamped on my passport or can I travel freely?

Congratulations again.
I don't think you need to get any stamp if you travel less than six months. But keep a record of entry and exit date as when my hubby applied for Citizenship you have to fill the form with exit and entry date with countries visited

Hey Folks...got my Card :) What a journey.

Quick question - when I travel out of the country for less than six months - do I need anything stamped on my passport or can I travel freely?

this is exactly what i am going thru. my family based visa number became current with the October 2009 bulletin. We went for the interview in December 2009. The IO told me I would get a response in 30 days because she had to get my EB file from the texas service center. after 4 months of no response i opened a service request. the service request said to call them back in 6 months if i don't hear back from them! then at the end of august 2010 i got a letter stating that my EB file had moved from Texas to my field office. it is now over 4 weeks and i still have not received any sort of CPO email. any thoughts on what i should do next?

I shouldn't be surprised but samething as happen with all of you.

Nothing special in Interview ask routine questions from the form. Officer didn't ask anything about marriage (mine is 13 yrs old with 2 kids).
Officer approved the I-130 and told us that he has to wait for Texas center to transfer the file. I asked them can you request.. as per him they send the request but TSC won't release this until message will be send from you. So now I have 2 I-485 pending.

Time for me to write emails.... thanks to you guys I have format and address from this thread.
Let me see how this will go.

i got an infopass appointment, but they told me since the service requests 6 months were not up as of yet they can't do much. then on tuesday i got a letter asking me to withdraw one of my I-485s. I assume this means that my case should be over soon. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get approval after the case has been assigned to a IO?

Ok So
- I send the mail to TSC as per instruction waited for 4-5 days no progress
- I contacted congress representative explain him my situation send letter to TSC thru them. After 2 days I see online status of my EB case updated that
"Your pending i485 is transferred from TSC to Boston office..............". I also get mail from my representative that TSC will act.

Now I am waiting file to transfer....After how many days you think file should take to transfer...after that should I wait and see or follow up now with Boston office.
Any advice

FINALLY!!!! i got the email that i have been waiting for....
its been a long journey...
July 2001 - I-130 applied
Feb 2004 - H1B #1
June 2004 - Labor filed (EB)
May 2006 - I-140 approved
July 2006 - I-130 approved
Feb 2007 - H1B #2
July 2007 - EB I-485 filed
Sep 2009 - F2B I-485 mailed
Dec 2009 - F2B interview
Jan 2010 - H1B #3
Apr 2010 - service request opened on pending F2B file - told to wait for 6 more months before calling USCIS
July 2010 - wrote to senator
Aug 2010 - EB I-485 transfer notice
Oct 2010 - received letter to withdraw EB I-485
7 days later - CPO email! now just waiting to the actual card....

After no response for 25 days or so I had taken the infopass appointment
Went to the USCIS office, I was fortunate to got the excellent Immigration officer.
He made sure my file is tracked after many calls, got my files and get it approve in a day.
this is excellent service.

Same night recvd mail that card / document production.

After 3 days got the "welcome to US notice" and card.

Excellent forums guys will see you in other section (I am in OCI also).
We should make this thread sticky I am sure many others may be on same boat

thanks eb3-to-f2b
Congratulations...enjoy life after GC

EAD renewed - visa date is current -

I came to US on H1B in 1999,

I have an employment based 485 filed on 2007 than filed another family based (married son of US Citizen) on December 2009, went for an interview on May 2010,

My employment 485 withdrwal is done and its transfered to National Benifits Center in March 2011

Now I have H1 good and working with same company who applied employment plus applied EAD with family based.

My I130 priority date is March 28 2001.

My EAD is renewed now according to May 2011 visa bulletin my priority date is current.

Need to know than is it must to extend my H1 or can switch to EAD.
if switch to EAD any future consequence for an Green Card approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should tell US Citizen to write the letter to congress man and senator so that they inquire from the TSC. There is format of letter in this thread please check past posting.

Employment 485 is withdrawn and now for family based 485 according to Jan. 2011 & Feb. 2011 visa bulleting priority date is not current... so don't know now ....

The waiting is the hardest Part

I did when applied for another I485...,

Hi, I have the same exact story as you and was wondering if you could provide any updates:

EB3 since 2006
03/03/2010 -Applied for family based
06/21/2010- Interview in Newark NJ ( Everything went well and the officer said she doesn't have the original EB3 file and will approve once she recieves it)
01/21/2011-Sent letter to nscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov
02/04/2011-Got notice saying that the A# has been sent to Newark NJ
03/03/2011 - Went to Newark NJ, and Infopass said they don't know anything. Waiting for file.

I am just wondering if I can do anything else. I am looking up ways to contact the congressman. Any luck with your case?

I have an employment based 485 filed on 2007 than filed another family based (married son of US Citizen) on December 2009, went for an interview on May 2010,

My employment 485 withdrwal is done and its transfered to National Benifits Center in March 2011

Now I have H1 good and working with same company who applied employment plus applied EAD with family based.

My I130 priority date is March 28 2001.

My EAD is renewed now according to May 2011 visa bulletin my priority date is current.

Need to know than is it must to extend my H1 or can switch to EAD.
if switch to EAD any future consequence for an Green Card approval.

I have an employment based I-485 pending and recently filed for a marriage based I-485. The new I-485 was filed on 12-Apr-2011..I have not yet received the Biometrics notice on this new I-485 and I am concerned. Any idea if they will be using the biometrics from the old I-485 or I should start making the calls to USCIS? Any info will be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally I joined this group...I completed the interview successfully on July6th and could not get a decision since the old EB3 file was not at the local office..any body else on the same boat..

Finally I joined this group...I completed the interview successfully on July6th and could not get a decision since the old EB3 file was not at the local office..any body else on the same boat..

So I took an infopass about a week ago and was told that the NBC already asked TSC to forward my employment based application to them. I am now wondering whether that will translate to the local office having the file by the time my interview comes. In all likelihood, I'll have to wait around like everyone else.