Multiple 485s: Marriage Based 485 application while Employement Based 485 is Pending

newid123

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody

I have a EB case pending since July 2007, got married to USC and filed for fb (130, 485) in march 2010. Did the biometrics again in April.

I used the A# from my EB case when filing my FB case, also put the src number from EB case in my FB application.

Now I'm waiting for my EB case to be transferred to the FB-case location.

Anybody who went through this process with 2 485 applications, can you please post the timeline here.

Thanks and appreciate it!

See my signature, I have a similar case. I have my interview next week, called USCIS to ask that my EB file be transferred to the same place as my FB file since I have not received any notice that it has been done. I checked back last week and the officer I spoke with (my call was escalated to the next level), checked the system and told me that both files are in the same place. All i can do is believe him since I dont have anything else.

I will be filing a similar case soon. Is this transfer process initiated automaticaly once you file the second I485 or does it happen after the interview (once officer reviews your case)?
My previous EB case is in Texas SC..pending for 6 years :( I would be filing the FB 485 from NJ; so is my new I485 going to end up in TSC or VSC?

TKD, Good luck with your interview. Please keep us posted.

resident1374, sorry to hear about your situation. I can understand your frustration.

grg2005, My EB case was in TSC too and I am from NJ as well. I will keep posting to this thread as my case makes progress.
I think your new FB 485 would be in NBC/Missouri(? not sure, my lawyer sent both my applications). Since you are going to be applying from NJ, you would be getting interviewed in Newark. Good luck with your case.

Hello Everyone,

I had my interview in March and still waiting for an update..., Interview went quite well. Immigration Officer told me that he has to wait on some papers (A# file) from another office and said my finger prints were old and have ordered a new one, but the new fingerprints noitce which i got, had employment based receipt number with SRCXXXXXXXXX, and dated 21st Apr. But unfortunately because of family emergency i had to go to India, and missed the fingerprints date, and later walked in for biometrices on 12th May, and gave fingerprints..,

Since then there is no update whatsoever...

My timeline:
EB3 pending since Jun 2006.
Spouse was on GC when I applied 130 but she is USC now.
Applied for Family based AOS: Dec 2009
Got AP approved in Feb 2010
Interview: 30 Mar 2010

Thanks!!!!

TKD, resident1374, Beintouch4ever,

Any updates on your cases ? Please post here.

Thanks.

I have taken an Infopass appointment for 10th June, not sure whats gonna happen.. ,, I just hope they resolve my case ....,

Does anyone have any other updates or ideas in this kind of situation.., I will post an update after my infopass....,

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my Infopass today. The officer told me that they are still waiting the papers from the other office. They had requested it a while back and there will another request on July 7th. He specially said that my family based GC interview was all good but the adjudication will happen only after the papers arrive from the other office. Hopefully, this will be resolved by the end of this year.

Did you guys attach a copy of previous I-485 receipt notice when filing the paperwork for the second I-485?

TKD, resident1374, Beintouch4ever,

Any updates on your cases ? Please post here.

Thanks.

Sorry for the late update: I did my interview and the IO said nothing about the EB application and I did not bring it up either. She said everything was fine and that Iwould get my approval and GC in the mail. I have however not received the approval for the I485 since my interview on May 25th. I hope I receive something soon....

Did you guys attach a copy of previous I-485 receipt notice when filing the paperwork for the second I-485?

Copy was not needed. They looked into the system and they knew there was EB3 pending case in Texas or somewhere.

Yesterday, the officer looked into the system and told me that when a person does multiple-filings - the response is slower.

They had requested for the A# file sometime after my interview but go no response from the TX office. They will be requesting again on July 7th. But he clearly said that my interview and everything else looked good and they are ready to approve...but adjudication will happen after the other file comes in...hopefully by this year.

My interview was on Jan 21st, 2010 (Columbus, OHIO)

Copy was not needed. They looked into the system and they knew there was EB3 pending case in Texas or somewhere.

Yesterday, the officer looked into the system and told me that when a person does multiple-filings - the response is slower.

They had requested for the A# file sometime after my interview but go no response from the TX office. They will be requesting again on July 7th. But he clearly said that my interview and everything else looked good and they are ready to approve...but adjudication will happen after the other file comes in...hopefully by this year.

My interview was on Jan 21st, 2010 (Columbus, OHIO)

the texas service center seems to be quite notorious and slow. I dont understand them at all: they have no plans of approving the case, so why not just pass it along...

Can we call up USCIS and request a transfer of the files? If yes, what do we need to say?

I tried doing that at some point, but the IO i spoke with told me that its the interviewer that should make the request and not me...oh well!

I did my infopass, and they told me the same thing again, that they are waiting for information from another office.

I am not sure what to do and how long to wait...,

I did my infopass, and they told me the same thing again, that they are waiting for information from another office.

I am not sure what to do and how long to wait...,

Hello all,

I shared the frustration and concern of the long wait. My wife is in the same situation. She withdrew her EB adjustment (in May 2010), and the IO still can not make decision after the FB interview (last week).

For those who are in this same situation, can you please share what your interview letter result statement said, and did the IO took your I-94 already? The IO took my wife I-94, and the letter read - Please inquiry in 30 days. There is another file that needs to be reviewed before adjudication.

Thank you.

Hello all,

I shared the frustration and concern of the long wait. My wife is in the same situation. She withdrew her EB adjustment (in May 2010), and the IO still can not make decision after the FB interview (last week).

For those who are in this same situation, can you please share what your interview letter result statement said, and did the IO took your I-94 already? The IO took my wife I-94, and the letter read - Please inquiry in 30 days. There is another file that needs to be reviewed before adjudication.

Thank you.

No letter was given to me. The IO was kind enough to allow me to keep the I-94 so that I can keep on working (on my H1B). He just told me that unfortunately he can only approve the case once the Alien registration file reaches Columbus. It looks there is nothing we can do...except wait....

Even if you withdraw the case they still want the file which has all information about your filings, fingerprints etc.