Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

kaghzi72 said:
Better send them original one.

i agree. i think you will be pretty much setting yourself up for an RFE with NVC...that's unless of course you want the delay the process any further!

they explicitly ask for originals - don't be too concerned --- they do this stuff everyday and are very diligent with such documents.

keep the certified copies for yourself as back up.

cheers.

Don't even think about sending certified copies. I got an RFE 2days back for sending certified copies of birth and marriage certs. In fact, I assumed we sent the originals but my atty. just sent the certified copies (I was pissed about it). And here we are back to square one!!! I emailed them about this issue and they said originals or certified copies ARE accepted. I replied back today saying that's what we sent and why the confusion. Haven't heard back from them yet.
NVC's website does say they accept certified copies, but that does not seem true.

tarantula said:
Don't even think about sending certified copies. I got an RFE 2days back for sending certified copies of birth and marriage certs. In fact, I assumed we sent the originals but my atty. just sent the certified copies (I was pissed about it). And here we are back to square one!!! I emailed them about this issue and they said originals or certified copies ARE accepted. I replied back today saying that's what we sent and why the confusion. Haven't heard back from them yet.
NVC's website does say they accept certified copies, but that does not seem true.

everyone ---
ahhh...the nvc website may say that BUT Packet 3 asks for originals ONLY....follow P3 instructions ONLY....it will save you A LOT of grief!!!

cheers.

canuckbuck,
Once you respond to an RFE, does that mean they will clear it soon (assuming the RFE response meets their criteria) or do they go back and do the review all over again. I'm wondering how quick they'll review my file since they should have my originals today. Thanks in advance.

tarantula said:
canuckbuck,
Once you respond to an RFE, does that mean they will clear it soon (assuming the RFE response meets their criteria) or do they go back and do the review all over again. I'm wondering how quick they'll review my file since they should have my originals today. Thanks in advance.

It turns out that timing is of the essence when it comes to submitting your P3 and its completion (based on my personal opinion, research and recent experience). Every month, once a month -- say around the 20th of each month NVC makes a request to the state dept for available visas. If your case is completed after that..say 25th...you need to wait for a request the following month...and then the month after that you will hear from NVC re: interview date. (This is all based on the assumption the visa is available and you are not currently restricted by possible quotas, ie. EB1, 2, 3 etc. employment based visas issued by the state dept are available).

Let me try to break it down for you using my example.

NVC P3 completed: March 25th (missed the ~20th deadline). therefore, request sent by NVC for visa mid/third week April. Visa is "issued" first 10-14 days of May...interview set up by NVC early June. If my P3 was completed before the 25th march...in theory, my visa would have been requested and issued by early April and my interview would have been in May.

Based on the above...this may help you figure out your expected timelines.

Miracle@NSC said:
Does this apply to non-retro countries as well??

As I understand this process applies to all employment based immigrant visas for all countries. If a visa is available ...then that's the process. If it's not available...then you are back in another line and it's first come first serve based on your priority date (PD) -- but the process still applies. As an fyi -- when it comes to visa release and issuance by the state dept to NVC, the process is efficient. As soon as NVC gets the issued visa, they do all they can in their power to expedite the process to grant an interview. (In fact, NVC is accountable for their speed and efficiency to the State Dept and must let them know when and why a delay has occured even though a visa has been granted for a particular candidate etc. etc).

canuckbuck,
We got the cards: wife got days ago and mine arrived today. Cheers,
xfl
canuckbuck said:
xfl,

let me know when you get your physical green card. seems like we entered within days of each other. i will let you know from my end. www.cptracker.com averages 3 weeks.

cheers, canuckbuck

xfl said:
canuckbuck,
We got the cards: wife got days ago and mine arrived today. Cheers,
xfl

thanks xfl. What day did you enter US? I entered on june 12th.

unfortunately...still waiting for mine. hopefully will come in this week.

cheers.

Medical Exam & Police Records

How far in advance of the CP interview can I have my medical exam done? And can the exam be done in the US, or must it be in Canada?

How far in advance of the CP interview can I get my police records for my time spent in Canada? I haven't lived there for 5 years now.

Thx!

gunt said:
How far in advance of the CP interview can I have my medical exam done? And can the exam be done in the US, or must it be in Canada?

How far in advance of the CP interview can I get my police records for my time spent in Canada? I haven't lived there for 5 years now.

Thx!

med exam -- no more than 3-4 weeks before the interview. Since CP interview, medical must be done in canada by USCIS approved panel physician (approx. 10-15 designated physicians in canada). Only 485s can do it in the US.

police records -- request police RCMP fingerprint records at least 4 months from approximate P3 material request from NVC.

cheers.

canuckbuck,
Do we get a letter from NVC once the interview date is fixed? And does it give the instructions for the medical exam and a list of qualified physicians? I am assuming I will need to take the medicals near where I live and not in Montreal. Also, how many passport photos do we need at medical, interview and POE stages? Photos are 2x2 inches frontal position (no jewelry, glasses), right? Thanks a bunch for your insight.

tarantula said:
canuckbuck,
Do we get a letter from NVC once the interview date is fixed? And does it give the instructions for the medical exam and a list of qualified physicians? I am assuming I will need to take the medicals near where I live and not in Montreal. Also, how many passport photos do we need at medical, interview and POE stages? Photos are 2x2 inches frontal position (no jewelry, glasses), right? Thanks a bunch for your insight.

tarantula,

question 1: yes.

question 2: yes.

question 3: yes. take medical with any designated panel physician in canada. i saw the panel physician in vancouver (there is only one) bc i live in San Francisco. my personal opinion - i didnt like him. not surprisingly, he's in the business of doing medicals for the $$ -- $275CDN (he saw 17 people between 9am-12pm). Other panel physicians in canada, for example, toronto and montreal charge $185CDN. you could technically go a few days before your interview -- but if something shows up -- you won't have time to fix the problem before the interview.

question 4: - Three photos for medical. - Two photos for interview. - Zero for POE

question 5: standard passport photos.

P3

1 - P3 includes an envelope and specifically asks to use this envelope to return documents. However this is a small envelope for all my documents. Can I use another larger envelope instead?

2- P3 for Canadians has a sheet explaining how to get PCC for Canadian residents and nonresidents. PCC from local RCMP detachment is recommended only for Canadian residents asking others to forward fingerprints to Ottawa. I'm still waiting for my PCC from Ottawa, however got a name-based PCC from RCMP in Windsor, however my address on the PCC is my US address (not Canadian). Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Canuckbuck: panel physician in Vancouver

Canuckbuck,

You indicated that you didn't care for the panel physician in Vancouver. Was there a specific reason (ex. his mannerisms), or was it just becuase it appeared he was in it for the money? I ask since my wife is not happy about having to see a male dr. for her medical (she has always had female doctors). She is concerned about being uncomfortable during the examination. Please let me know. Thanks.