Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

Congratulation and thank You

Thank You canuckbuck, it is very detailed and helpful to all.
How many photos we need? Can we take it in sears/Walgreen and use that one there rather than search for photo studio in Montreal?
Did you submit originals DoB certificate or copy notarized? In P3 they did not ask for the originals!

Thank You

answer to kaghzi72 questions

kaghzi72

1. payment - they accept visa/mastercard and cash
2. proof of citizenship - your passport is your proof of citizenship. in this case, my canadian passport was my proof.

cheers,

answers to mtlgc questions

mtlgc,

re: photos - can be taken at walgreens, photo studio, sears - they will accept them as long as they look like standard passport photos. i advise getting them done at home instead of montreal. who has time to explore montreal etc!??!? (not necessarily an issue for me...bc i lived there 8 yrs years ago)

re: originals - the P3 explicitly requested original birth certificates etc. if not, [ie. if you are from india (notarized affividates etc.).] i submitted an original bc my parents kept mine on file

cheers

Thank You,
Here is one more. Why some(lucky like you) folks P-3 review is completed in less than one week for others it is taking more than 4 weeks? Is it based on where applicant born or citizenship or based on what kind of job we do or it is just luck.

I am trying to guess, when my P-3 review complete and forward to consulate?

Thanks for all the help.

interview successful

I had a successful interview on June 10,2005. Interview was smooth, but the DOS system had problems to check the visa number availability in the morning. Fortunately it was recovered and one officer (in room 7) kindly called our cell phone at 12:00pm. Picked up visas at 2:30pm.

Documents collected: Medicals, Photos, 45$/per, Emp letter. My PCC with P3 was over 6 months. They did not ask for newer ones, although I carried one less than 4 months old. Wife's PCC was name-based since she resided in Canada. NO problem. Photo was taken at Zellers in Toronto. Spent some time in Zellers to measure the size, and no hassle later.

One note: the officer collecting documents said NVC changes the visa issuing time to the next business day. Although we were lucky to get it the same day. Better check before arranging trip.

Another tip for CPers: if you need to add spouse, send her/his copies of birth/Marrige certi with a letter to reques adding the spouse, when you send you address form (DS3032?). That cost me 20 days.

All in all, the officers in consulate were very friendly. Be polite to them.

This form gave me a lot of information. Hope it will also help others. Good luck!!!

MTLGC said:
Thank You,
Here is one more. Why some(lucky like you) folks P-3 review is completed in less than one week for others it is taking more than 4 weeks? Is it based on where applicant born or citizenship or based on what kind of job we do or it is just luck.

Thanks for all the help.

After one week your P-3 was received by NVC, you may call them to talk to an operator. I don't know whether it was coincident--my case was completed the day after I called. But it is just my guess.

mtlgc,

not sure - but my case was also completed within days of receipt. maybe bc i had an easy case? im canadian, no kids, spouse, no military services, no divorce etc..

my timeline can be found at www.cptracker.com (as you are already probably following)

xfl said:
After one week your P-3 was received by NVC, you may call them to talk to an operator. I don't know whether it was coincident--my case was completed the day after I called. But it is just my guess.

xfl,

let me know when you get your physical green card. seems like we entered within days of each other. i will let you know from my end. www.cptracker.com averages 3 weeks.

cheers, canuckbuck

Thank You xfl & canuckbuck,

Thank You xfl & canuckbuck,

not sure - but my case was also completed within days of receipt. maybe bc i had an easy case? im canadian, no kids, spouse, no military services, no divorce etc..

my timeline can be found at www.cptracker.com (as you are already probably following)[/QUOTE]

My Timeline

I submitted by packet 3 on June 2. I just checked the AVM this morning, and it said an RFE went out yesterday (June 16), so that took them 2 weeks to get that out. Obviously the processing times can vary a lot unfortunately.

NVC P3 complete to consulate timelines

MTLGC said:
Thank You,

Thanks for all the help.

MTLGC (and others if applicable),

re: P3 completion + forwarding to consulate timelines

Doing some research, this is what I came up with based on the following assumptions: i) your case is employment based, ii) your employment is EB3?

IF SO, the state dept no longer is issuing EB3 visas (july visa bulletin) for ALL countries -- they are now considered unavailable until further notice which means that your case will not be forwarded to the consulate until an immigrant visa becomes available for this category (right now estimated to be in October 2005 based on www.shusterman.com newsletter - prominent immigration attorney in LA).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2539.html

OR...

If my assumptions are wrong --- then this could most likely be an alternative explaination for the "delay" from NVC to consulate (assuming you don't have RFEs etc). Here it goes: It turns out that timing is of the essence when it comes to submitting your P3 and its completion. Every month, once a month -- say around the 20th of each month NVC makes a request to the state dept for available visas. If your case is completed after that..say 25th...you need to wait for a request the following month...and then the month after that you will hear from NVC re: interview date. (This is all based on the assumption the visa is available).

Let me try to break it down for you using my example.

NVC P3 completed: March 25th (missed the ~20th deadline). therefore, request sent by NVC for visa mid/third week April. Visa is "issued" first 10-14 days of May...interview set up by NVC early June. If my P3 was completed before the 25th march...in theory, my visa would have been requested and issued by early april and my interview would have been in may.

Based on the above...this may help you figure out your expected timelines.

cheers.

canuckbuck GC montreal 6/7/05

Last edited by a moderator:
It is Over.

Well finally it is over !
Interview was a formality. Nothing important to mention then other guys has posted. I done my medical in MDS executive in Montreal. I didn't have any vacination record and my wife is pergnant. They gave me three shots and only one to my wife. They waved some shots and xray to my wife.
On interview day (June 17th Friday). I reached consulate at around 7:30 AM. (I stayed in Novotel hotel which 5 minutes drive from cosulate, you can stay in any Downtown hotel.) Do not take any bagpacks then don't allow and will not even keep with them (You can drop the bag pack to near by restaurant for $3.0 charge!).
We sit in hall until 8:00 AM guard took every body to Floor 19th. Got the number and then wait for my number to appear on screen. They called me and asked to give Employer letter, photo graph and medical docs but didn't take xrays (She was very nice) then she asked to me pay surcharge fee (US $45.0 each) after paying the fee I gave the receipt to her. She asked me to wait in waiting area.
After half an hour they called me for interview. He was very nice and polite. asked us give finger prints of left and right index finger.
Asked me few question like (under the oath)
When I came to US?
Is my current Empployer original one ?
Do I intend to continue to work for same employrer under same position?

After that he told us that our visa is approved and come back to pick at 2:30 PM (He said they need to cross check our finger prints and hopefuly they will get the response by 2:30 otherwise we need to come on Monday). We went 2:30 PM and got the visa and three packages.
On Saturday we entered in USA from Port Champlain and stamped our passport and gave them all three packages.
It is over now.
thanks for all your info available on this thread.
Please drop my line if you have any question.
Thanks.
--
Kaghzi

Thanks for your time and input

canuckbuck said:
MTLGC (and others if applicable),

re: P3 completion + forwarding to consulate timelines

Doing some research, this is what I came up with based on the following assumptions: i) your case is employment based, ii) your employment is EB3?

IF SO, the state dept no longer is issuing EB3 visas (july visa bulletin) for ALL countries -- they are now considered unavailable until further notice which means that your case will not be forwarded to the consulate until an immigrant visa becomes available for this category (right now estimated to be in October 2005 based on www.shusterman.com newsletter - prominent immigration attorney in LA).

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2539.html

OR...

If my assumptions are wrong --- then this could most likely be an alternative explaination for the "delay" from NVC to consulate (assuming you don't have RFEs etc). Here it goes: It turns out that timing is of the essence when it comes to submitting your P3 and its completion. Every month, once a month -- say around the 20th of each month NVC makes a request to the statement dept for available visas. If your case is completed after that..say 25th...you need to wait for a request the following month...and then the month after that you will hear from NVC re: interview date. (This is all based on the assumption the visa is available).

Let me try to break it down for you using my example.

NVC P3 completed: March 25th (missed the ~20th deadline). therefore, request sent by NVC for visa mid/third week April. Visa is "issued" first 10-14 days of May...interview set up by NVC early June. If my P3 was completed before the 25th march...in theory, my visa would have been requested and issued by early april and my interview would have been in may.

Based on the above...this may help you figure out your expected timelines.

cheers.

canuckbuck GC montreal 6/7/05

DV winner and doing CP in Montreal

I would like to thank you very much for all the info. I live in US on H1 and I won DV-2006 (Canadian citizen born in Poland). DV number EU6xxx.

I still have some questions.

1) I will have to go to Canada to get my medical. How much is it (medical, immunization)?

2) People are saying that it takes now 6-8 months to have criminal record check by RCMP. Can I just go to closest RCMP and have name check done (don't have Canadian address)?

3) My H1 expires in September. My company will soon apply to renew my visa but I might not get actual I-94 until late November or December. If my interview is scheduled before then, can I still go or do I have to wait? Can I reschedule the interview?

1. Medical only (not including immunizations) - $185CDN Toronto, $275CDN Vancouver

2. RCMP fingerprint most recently took 4 months for me. Name check - maybe give them your old canadian address? I used my old address (technically not bc i still own my home). where you last lived?

3. not sure i can give you an answer for this one. my guess is that you will have to stay in the US until you regain status. bc if you are in limbo between your renewal and you leave...you cant re-enter unless the renewal H1 is approved or alternatively you get your immigrant visa/green card/I-551 in between if your interview is granted. worst case: you are waiting for the renewal, you go for your interview (they delay an approval), then you just wait in canada until it is issued.

darekd said:
I would like to thank you very much for all the info. I live in US on H1 and I won DV-2006 (Canadian citizen born in Poland). DV number EU6xxx.

I still have some questions.

1) I will have to go to Canada to get my medical. How much is it (medical, immunization)?

2) People are saying that it takes now 6-8 months to have criminal record check by RCMP. Can I just go to closest RCMP and have name check done (don't have Canadian address)?

3) My H1 expires in September. My company will soon apply to renew my visa but I might not get actual I-94 until late November or December. If my interview is scheduled before then, can I still go or do I have to wait? Can I reschedule the interview?

Original Documents to NVC

Greetings,
I understand that NVC requires to receive original birth and marriage certificates. Can someone in the list kindly let me know when and how NVC will send these documents back to the applicant? My documents are not in English so I have them translated but still I will need the original ones back since it is impossible for me to get duplicates. Thanks.

kourosm said:
Greetings,
I understand that NVC requires to receive original birth and marriage certificates. Can someone in the list kindly let me know when and how NVC will send these documents back to the applicant? My documents are not in English so I have them translated but still I will need the original ones back since it is impossible for me to get duplicates. Thanks.

they will be returned to you at the consulate interview in montreal.