May 2011 Filers

Does anyone knows what would be the next step and how long it will take?

Well, now you should wait for the letter with the date for you BIO appointment. Since you've sent you application 2 weeks later than me and you already have some news from USCIS it's hard to predict when the letter arrives.

I've been reading the time frames of many users and it looks like even with the early walk in the EAD card arrives at the same time as peoples' who go on the scheduled date.

I sent my package on May 20th. No response yet. I didnt send it with any tracking so I dont even know if they received it or not. It was sent through USPS Priority but nothing to track it to. Im getting worried. Any filers took them this long? Its been 13 days.

USPS Priority usually has the tracking number. Anyways, it looks like it takes about a month to get anything from them unless you signed up for electronic notifications. I am still waiting for NOA with the case number. I't too soon for you so worry. I'd say you call them after 45 days, otherwise you'll be told that everything is fine.

I actually signed up for electronic notifications. Im worried cause everyone seems to be getting notifications within days to weeks...

Current Filling: I-130, I-485 & I-765

05/21/2011 Sent the package to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail with Confirmation
05/23/2011 Packet delivered to USCIS successfully and signed by D COLONNA

I haven't receive a NOA yet. Today is 06/03/2011 What do u think?

Thanks

mrjoss, it looks like generally it can take anywhere from 10 days to 45 days to get the NOAs. Good luck!

I received a RFE asking for a copy of my nonimmigrant visa showing acceptance into the US, but there are two problems with that: First, I had already sent a copy of it with my original package (did they miss it?) and second, my type of visa (BBBCV) does not require me to have an I-94 or to get my passport stamped every time I go into the US. So I sent them a copy with an explanation of why I didn't have proof of entrance and why I didn't have an I-94 (they should already know, right?).
Anyone has had a similar request? The RFEs are really not that clear as to what you're supposed to do, and if you call USCIS they give you absolutely NO help whatsoever... I'm freaking out a little.

Well, now you should wait for the letter with the date for you BIO appointment. Since you've sent you application 2 weeks later than me and you already have some news from USCIS it's hard to predict when the letter arrives.

I've been reading the time frames of many users and it looks like even with the early walk in the EAD card arrives at the same time as peoples' who go on the scheduled date.

My 130 is for my brother and sister who are not in the US. I heard it can take upto 5 year to get 130 approved and then another 5 to 7 years to get the interview. Just wanted to confirm if anyone has experience....thanks.

Just updating – received NOA for all the forms and BIO appointment letter for June 29 in Elizabeth, NJ. Thinking about early walk in.

I called to USCIS and they said to me the number of my case, but I looked it up on their website and it doesn't appear. Anyone had the same problem?

biometrics done. waiting for that EAD card baby. oh yeah, i wasnt able to come on this forum for about a week because this website was flagged for being infected with virus or something. anyone else had the same issue?

Finally some update. Had to call them and find out. Of Course they say that its not 30 days yet but I think it was that little push that they decided to process it... thats just guess...EAD check wasnt cashed though...anybody encountered the same thing?

May 20th: Sent Package (I-130,I-485 and I-765)
May 23rd: Packaged Received
June 8th: Electronic Notifications received.
June 8th: I-130 Check and I-485 Check cashed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally some update. Had to call them and find out. Of Course they say that its not 30 days yet but I think it was that little push that they decided to process it... thats just guess...EAD check wasnt cashed though...anybody encountered the same thing?

May 20th: Sent Package (I-130,I-485 and I-765)
May 23rd: Packaged Received
June 8th: Electronic Notifications received.
June 8th: I-130 Check and I-485 Check cashed.

That's because EAD is free when you file for I485 since the new fee schedule went into effect.

Interview Schduled

5/06/11 - Sent Package
5/09/11 (0)- Received Package
5/16/11 (7)- Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/16/11 (7)- Checks cashed
5/19/11 (10)- Received Receipts
5/28/11 (19)- Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/14/11)
6/01/11 (22)- Walk-in Biometrics FP Done
6/13/11 (37)-Received Interview Letter(07/14/2011)