May 2011 Filers

still waiting on my biometric appointment letter. its been more than a week...getting restless now...people have been getting theirs less than a week from when they received their NOA...

Hmmmm. Seems no May 2011 filers for I-751
Would that mean I'll have the greater change to have it all done in less than 2 months. LoL

Good luck to everyone! The agony of waiting is upon us. LoL :) :) :)

received Biometric appointment today, done a walk-in an hour later, over and done with it, whats next?

Hey Polar,

I think we are on the same timeline, i have received biometrics appointment for 6/15/11 but i went and done a walk-in yesterday.

good luck

hey obaoma...i was told not to go in for walk in they dont like it or something ill wait till the 6th and do it. lets see if our timeline gets similar! im sure you will get your ead in a month or so now

Quick question - I just received my biometrics appointment letter and I was wondering whether anybody has any experience with the Chicago Broadway office in regards to walk-ins...do they actually allow them? Online it doesn't seem like they encourage this.

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/18/11 - Received Package
5/24/11 - Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/24/11 - Checks cashed
5/25/11 - Last activity on account based on online tool
5/28/11 - Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/20/11)

Quick question - I just received my biometrics appointment letter and I was wondering whether anybody has any experience with the Chicago Broadway office in regards to walk-ins...do they actually allow them? Online it doesn't seem like they encourage this.

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/24/11 - Checks cashed

Ozma,

The worst that can happen if you try a walk-in is they will deny you the chance to do it early & ask you to come back on the date appointed to you.

Most ASC's allow you to do a walk-in provided you do not go when the office is crowded, learnt it from experience, my ASC told me this themselves - now I feel I should have done a walk-in lol!!!!

Its not like they have the authority to reject your I-765 application ;)

PS: Just be nice & polite and it should all be fine....

I also sent out my package in May last week actually but haven't yet received my first NOA hopefully sometime this week it'll come...

Thanks Noella!

One more question - All my application material has obviously been received and processed to the point where I now have a biometrics appointment. My old status expires today - I want to verify that as long as all my paperwork is in the system with USCIS that I am not Out of Status. I consulted with a lawyer who confirmed this, but then the person responsible for renewing my old status, told me that I needed to resubmit paperwork to renew my old status in order to remain in status. So confusing, but does anyone have any idea if this could come back later to haunt me. I so do not want to do anything wrong!

5/17/11 - Sent Package
5/24/11 - Checks cashed

Walk-in biometrics done. I went around 9am and I was asked to try when it's not crowded in the afternoon. I went again at 2pm and I was allowed. They obviously don't like walk-ins but don't seem to mind when it's not crowded.

My Experience was very bad the .. there was a lady and a guy both where rude on me...I had taken my driver's license looking a that she said you gotta bring passport then when i said i dont have it she was angry on me....after that she asked me if your appointment is on 14 jun why are you here today...i told her my work place is just 5 mins from here so i took time in between my lunch time and came here which the true...she got even more pissed off and said atleast you should have nice excuse...then she went and spoke to guy the who actually took the FP....The guy asked me the same questions...obviously i gave same answers...but he did not seemed to be convinced so i told i can come on 14 jun...after some thinking he said it ok....i think i should have called and taken my passport with me.....is it going to be a problrm

5/06/11 - Sent Package
5/09/11 (0)- Received Package
5/16/11 (7)- Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/16/11 (7)- Checks cashed
5/19/11 (10)- Received Receipts
5/28/11 (19)- Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/14/11)
6/01/11 (22)- Walk-in Biometrics FP Done

My Experience was very bad the .. there was a lady and a guy both where rude on me...I had taken my driver's license looking a that she said you gotta bring passport then when i said i dont have it she was angry on me....after that she asked me if your appointment is on 14 jun why are you here today...i told her my work place is just 5 mins from here so i took time in between my lunch time and came here which the true...she got even more pissed off and said atleast you should have nice excuse...then she went and spoke to guy the who actually took the FP....The guy asked me the same questions...obviously i gave same answers...but he did not seemed to be convinced so i told i can come on 14 jun...after some thinking he said it ok....i think i should have called and taken my passport with me.....is it going to be a problrm

5/06/11 - Sent Package
5/09/11 (0)- Received Package
5/16/11 (7)- Received e-mail notification for I-485, I-130, I-765
5/16/11 (7)- Checks cashed
5/19/11 (10)- Received Receipts
5/28/11 (19)- Biometrics appointment letter (for 6/14/11)
6/01/11 (22)- Walk-in Biometrics FP Done

they didnt accept your drivers license? really?

it clearly wriiten on mentioned on the letter driver's license accepted but the lady told me she need passpot but in the end they accepted it...

Yeah - no luck - they wanted to see proof that I would not be around on the day of the biometrics ... even if I am driving somewhere ... and there was absolutely NO ONE in the freaking office.:(:confused:

I sent my package on May 20th. No response yet. I didnt send it with any tracking so I dont even know if they received it or not. It was sent through USPS Priority but nothing to track it to. Im getting worried. Any filers took them this long? Its been 13 days.