!!!!march Chennai Interviews!!!!

hi rags

will upls tell us how long it approximately took for u to get the interview date from the time u sent ur packet.?

thanks
arthi

Police Clearance

Hello,

Does anyone doing their CP at the madras consulate
know whether the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
issued by the indian consulate (SFO) is enough ? Do we
still need to get additional PCC\'s from the local
passport office and police stations ?

Question to March CP\'ers

What is the best time to call Chennai consulate??
I was thinking of asking the consulate folks of scheduling
my interview on a particular date..
Please let me know of the phone num & time to call..
Thanks

Regarding draft amounts

March cp\'ers, what are the DD amounts? is there any change in conversion rate? Please confirm these amounts for each person: 12,740 and 3,185.

Hi to everybody

I am sure everybody should be set and ready by now. I think most of the people will be leaving to Chennai sometime this week.

Chennai now has a service - CALL TAXI. Most of the CPers can use this service. It is like our Cab service. You call them and they will pick you up in 30 minutes. I heard the rates are also very reasonable. It should be very helpful for the CPers, since we will travel with important documents.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US. HOPE ALL OF US HAVE A SMOOTH AND SUCCESSFUL CP PROCESS.

call taxis

Hello march cpers,

The call taxis in chennai are very good. I have been using them regularly. They have a min. 30 Rs. charge. Here are some numbers of some call taxis services:
4732020, 8142233, 5384455

You got to call them an hour or so in advance.

Good luck to all of us.

cheers,
Rags R

Best Of luck to All March Cp\'ers!!!

Good luck in your CP interviews. I got an appointment in April and your expereinces on this board are helpful to me.

I-140 approved with CP at Chennai.=

Hi Gurus,

My I-140 has been approved for CP at chennai on 03/12/02. I would like to know detailed procedure I should follow from now till getting the approval in Chennai.

Also, I would like to know whether PCC(Police clearance certificate) issued from CGI, Houston will be sufficient or not?

Besides PCC and Birth certificate, is there anythingelse I need to do before receiving the Packet 3?. Do I have to get any medical certificate here in USA?

Also, can anybody give me the time frame for receiving the Packet 3, receiving the packet 4 (Notification from chennai consulate) and the interview date?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Should one take DS230 Part I to the interview along with DS230 Part 2 ?

I recd packet 4 and interview letter in Indian address. I am not sure what to do about it. Should i download the packet 4 from chennai consulate website or should i ask my parent to courier it here to the US ?

I was talking to my dad and he was mentioning DS230 Part I to be taken to the interview. I thought that was sent along with packet 3 can someone please confirm?

I-140 approved with CP at Chennai.=

Hi Gurus,

My I-140 has been approved for CP at chennai on 03/12/02. I would like to know detailed procedure I should follow from now till getting the approval in Chennai.

Also, I would like to know whether PCC(Police clearance certificate) issued from CGI, Houston will be sufficient or not?

Besides PCC and Birth certificate, is there anythingelse I need to do before receiving the Packet 3?. Do I have to get any medical certificate here in USA?

Also, can anybody give me the time frame for receiving the Packet 3, receiving the packet 4 (Notification from chennai consulate) and the interview date?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

DD Amounts for March CP

Hello Raja,

I got a confirmation email from chennai about the DD amounts. There is no change in the amount you have mentioned. FYI, here is a copy of the reply from Chennai IV:

The fees is:

Application Fee Rs.12740

Issuance Fee Rs.3185

All fees must be paid by demand draft only, payable to the American
Consulate General, at Chennai. Consular fees will be accepted by way of demand drafts issued by Nationalized and foreign banks only. Demand draftsfrom cooperative banks will no longer be accepted for consular fees.Separate demand drafts are necessary for the application and issuance fees.Your name, case number and passport number must be included on the reverse of the demand draft. Demand drafts without this information will not be accepted.

Rs 300 payable to Blue dart for courier, for every additional passport Rs 50 extra can be added to the same draft.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

Cheers,
Rags R.

In Chennai for Mar 19 appointment

Reached Chennai on 15th Mar. Took room in Palmgrove Hotel. It is OK type. Same day went to Lister Labs at 1045am. They told that I may have to collect the reports on 16th. But later they told that 15th evening is fine. They took blood sample and XRay. They gave a receipt.

Went to Konica labs opposite to Chola Sheraton Hotel. They give 8 photos for Rs 100, immigration style. It took half an hour.

Went back to room, and started to Lister Labs at 415. Reached there by 430. They gave sealed envelope with xray and blood test report. Went to Padma Nursing Home for Dr Vijayalakshmi. It looked like I was the first person that evening. Looks like the auto and taxi drivers are familiar with Lister Labs and Padma Nursing Home. But if we mention the Lister Labs they will take to lab facility for regular patients. For immigration, we have to go to Lister Labs Corporate Services on the same road a couple of blocks away. Must reach there by 1030am to get the report same day. You better have the breakfast. It doesn\'t matter.

At Padma Nursing Home, it took half an hour, as I was the first one that evening. Two passport type photos are needed. One at Lister labs and other at the physician. As I did not have the proof of vaccinations with me, I got the vaccinations. Fees is Rs 450 for checkup and Rs 1650 for vaccinations. I went to physician without appt. But better to take appt as soon as reaching India. But nobody asked at the hospital if I had the appt.

Went in the same auto in the evening both to Lister to collect the report and the physician. It costed Rs 90 including waiting time till I got back to the hotel. The auto driver knew these two places.

Surprised to see no postings in this thread!