March 140 Approvals track here..

brb, my consulate is Tokyo

Yeah, that\'s exactly what I would like to find out. I guess my case has been created (since it\'s in AVM now) but don\'t know when they create P3 and what route my P3 have to go through. Also, I\'m worried that they might just hold on to my case till May and put it in the new route...

You said that your info was forwarded to consulate. Is that what operator told you? Did the operator tell you whether you have to send back P3 to St. Louis or directly to NVC? I guess I really need to talk to an operator, if they can tell us the info.

Keep us posted with your findings and updates!

Mitsy

The operator told me that my files will be sent to Sydney. I could not make out from this if I am in the new system or the old. Mouline Rouge has indicated that even though the process was implemented through packet 3 rather than case generation. So I will have to wait for the packet 3 to arrive to find out if I will have to route through St. Louis.
I have my case number now, so can call NVC operator or try their AVM to find out about packet 3. WhiteRose is ahead of me and I generally know I am due when WhiteRose posts his/her? information. Why don\'t you too ring NVC, enter random ten digits and get connected to an operator and ask the status of packet 3?

MNguy2

My LC took less time, it was 3 weeks in MN and 3 weeks at DOL, Chicago, because it was under "special handling" category. The processing times shown are generally for the "last person" and don\'t reflect cases which took lesser time.

Do we need PCC with PK3?.

Do we really need PCC with PK3?. I thought it\'s required only at the time of interview.

New NVC process

NVC had created my case on 4/5 & had given my case#. Yesterday night when I checked AVM it said adjudication letter has been sent.
I thought the AVM is refering to pkt3 so I talked to NVC operator & he told be different story. Due to change in law & and my I-140 was filed before 10/2001 so now they need reaffirming letter that I still want to do CP at Mumbai, India consulate & not in US itself.

One more example inefficiency & time waste. But we got to live with that.

WatchTSC ..what is this ????

my I140 was filed in Mar\'01 and approved only in Feb\'02 .... but my P3 is now about to reach NVC for a review ...so will this affect me too .....

This is all we needed another hurdle !!!!!!!

im9999...what is this all about ..NVC is getting crazy...

Thanks for the reply to ur mail..
I have emailed u again..

What is this new thing from NVC???
Also,how do u guys get to hear information about ur case..
Whenever I enter my case number,it immediately transfers me to a operator..I thought it was like that for everyone in NVC???

Please let me know if i am missing anything here..
Shanks

No Title

This sound suspiciously like the \'Choice of Agent\' form that goes out to the beneficiary to see if he wants to receive the P3 or if he wants to designate a lawyer to receive it.. This typically happens when you havn\'t filed a G-28 with the I-140.

?????

I do not know & I argued the same thing but the nice guy over phone explained me that some rules have changed in passed few days for this effect. imm999 it may not be for your case because you have already sent the P3.
By the way my lawyer had faxed the letter of re-affirmation to NVC within few hours of this news.

May I will call back in two days.

For those who wonder how to get these info just talk to NVC operators & ask whatever you need most of them are very nice, not liks TSC ones.

Thanks

Im9999

Any idea about following, I picked from NVC site:
Are they refering to some optional form or DS 230 Part I? Since you are done with P3 you might know it. I have filled all my DS 230 Part I form from fillable for available on WEB.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Choice of Address and Agent for Immigrant Visa Applicants: If you use this form, please write or type your Immigrant Visa Case Number in the upper right corner. Since these forms are normally sent from the National Visa Center with a barcode printed on them to identify the case, if you use a form other than the one received from NVC, you need to note your Immigrant Visa Case Number on the form, or, NVC will not be able to locate your file to update the information.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Shanks1975 .... same with my case ... as soon as I enter my case number ...

it says transferring to an operator ..... I have never been able to hear any update on my case since the I140 was received by NVC ....

ALso, I haven\'t yet received ur email??

I had send it out long back..dont know why u didnt recieve..

I called up the toll free number on my money order and thats how I came to know that my money order was encashed..

Checkout Cptracker..there is a guy named "avk",his review was done in two days..that was very quick..looks like NVC is going in for fast reviews..

Shanks

I too filled the form from the WEB and sent them to my lawyer ...

he took care of the rest....the form is DS230 Part I
Just out ur Case Number as mentioned ....

GUYS, DON"T PANIC .. The new procedure is just a formality !! You can fax it yourself !

I spoke to NVC operator on April 8 to ask if my P3 was created. She asked me to fax a letter saying that I would like to consular process and NOT adjust status in US. I asked he if my I-40 wasn \'t enough proof for this , she said this is just a formality and that my fax would be enough.

I faxed right away and NVC acknowledged the receipt the next day when I called. Thats all there is to it.

So just relax and fax the letter saying taht you would like to consular process rt away .

targetgc & watchTSC, what kind of letter we need to send

Hi targetgc & watchTSC,

What kind of format we need to use for the letter for confirming CP? If we don\'t send it, are they eventually going to ask attorney to send the confirmation for CP and it will further delay the process?

Also watchTSC, where can I download the Adobe Acrobat Writer version from?

Thank you inadvance.

Just reaffirm

If you are represented by lawyer then they have to send this, at least thats what NVC told me in my case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

April 11, 2002

VIA FAX 603-334-0791
and CERTIFIED U.S. MAIL
National Visa Center
32 Rochester Ave.
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

RE: Immigrant Visa of xxxx
        INS case#
        NVC case#

Dear Sir or Madam:

This is to confirm that Mr. xxxx will be applying for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Consulate in Mumbai, India. Please notify the consulate in order to complete the processing of his visa as soon as possible.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Very truly yours,

Attorney at Law

Thanks targetgc

Thats a relief.
Did they send you P3, if so then how many days after the fax?
Thanks

watchtsc

WatchTSC ... regarding the recomfirmation letter ....

I clarified regarding that reconfirmation letter that WatchTSC was talking about ... the operator told me that it is not required for my case .... (Hope she was right !!)