March 140 Approvals track here..

No Title

Hey Mitsy

You were planning to go through Tokyo right ? Afraid there is some news for you.. From immigration-law.com

"Effective May 1, 2002, additional visa posts in Asia, incluidng New Delhi, India, Seoul, Korea, Tokyo, Japan, Taipei, Taiwan, Hong, Singapore, Manila, Philippines, and other immigrant visa posts designated by the regulation which is released today will require immigrant visa application fee payment when visa application is filed rather than at the time of visa interview and will initiate advance review of I-864 affidavit of support on payment of special fees. Please click here for the details"

No Title

hi manish_r,
   My passport was issued in NY. So it just took me couple of days to get the clearance. No I did not do any extra steps to expedite my process.
U could print the Miscellenous form available on the http://www.indiacgny.org/forms.html site and just send whatever is asked for.

Thanks Moulin Rouge and the question is...

does that mean that I just have to pay the application fee in advance to consulate or now I have to go through St. Louis->NVC->consulate route? I don\'t mind paying for it in advance but do mind sending P3 to St. Louis.

Anyway, thank you for gathering the info on not only which applies to your consulate but mine as well. That\'s really nice of you!

case received by NVC 04/03 140 AD 03/18- VSC-EB3

operator tells it will take about 6/8 wks for the Pkt-3.

No Title

Mitsy

If you have to pay in advance, you *have* to go through the St Louis -> NVC -> Consulate route.

In retrospect, when the change happened to India, it was announced on 12/5/2001 to be effective Jan 1 2002. At that time, the NVC didnot create case for any Indian applicants until Jan 15 and pushed everyone to the new route.

Yours was received in the NVC a little earlier. It remains to be seem whether NVC sends you a packet 3 now (in which case you get to send it to consulate directly) or later (STL -> NVC -> COns).

You and brb, keep us posted.

Mouline Rouge

I have sent an urgent note to my attorney to check it out. I am inclined not to continue with a CP if the process changes for me. I have just done 8 months out of my 6 year limit H1B. So, I am not in a hurry as such. This new change involving consulates from Singapore, Australia, Pakistan etc will again cause more people to opt for AOS and transfer the load back to INS! I will definitely drop a line when I hear from my attorney.

Case created by NVC, even got case # from operator. Updated list

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
name S.C. 140AD cat PCC PCC NVC Case
                                                        Rvcd Rvcd crted
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
localMadras TSC 02/26 EB2 Houston
watchTSC TSC 02/27 EB2 03/22 04/05
White Rose NSC 03/04 EB3 03/04(houston) 03/25
ppm TSC 03/05 EB2
rekhak TSC 03/06 EB2 3/29
Nov17GC VSC 03/07 3/25 04/03
defjam TSC 03/09 D/K
gcOgc 03/11 Eb2R 03/19(houston) 3/25
pujpran TSC 03/11 EB2 03/20(Houston) 3/25
hydi TSC 03/11 EB2R 04/02(Houston) 3/25
CPMumbai2002 TSC 03/11 03/22 04/04
Darina VSC 03/13 3/27
CPIndia 03/13 03/25
mitsy TSC 03/12 EB3R
brb NSC 03/14 EB2 03/08 (Chicago)
tingc VSC 03/14 EB2 03/22 (NY) 04/04
manish_r VSC 03/18 EB3 03/20 CGNY 3/28
Moulin Rouge VSC 03/19 EB3 Jan CGNY 3/25
gcseeker02 VSC 03/20 EB2 04/01 CGNY 3/29
Triangle VSC 03/26 EB3
GC1 TSC/VSC 04/03 -------------------------------------------------------------------- S.C = Service Center.
D/K = Don\'t know.

called NVC ...

guys,

i called the NVC, got the Automated Voice system..,
when i punched my \'i-140\' number\'s the Message that was read-back...
" Your case is current. your adjustment bla bla was sent on March/22/2002"

what does this MEAN ??? help pls...

whatever it was, Hopefully, it was sent to my attorney, coz i ain\'t recd anythin..

hello WatchTSC, when did you apply to PCC at houston.. i applied around 03/06/2002 at HOUSTON... got no calls yet..

--thanks

Question

Hi,
  My I-140 (EB3) was approved By TSC on Mar 19. As of this morning the case hasnt been received at NVC. Anbody with later AD (from TSC), whose case has been received by NVC out there?? I
  Also how long does this normally take??

Rgds,
Krish

Did you talk to an operator?

Krish,

Mine was approved at TSC on March 12 as well(Eb3-RIR). I\'ve been checking with AVM and my case hasn\'t been entered yet. I haven\'t had a chance to talk to operator yet, so I\'m not sure if it has been received yet either. However, it looks like they don\'t enter your case to AVM until the case has been created, not right after received, so if you haven\'t checked with an operator, maybe you want to give it a try. It\'s very hard for me to make an long distance call during the office hours of NVC, so I will just wait till my case gets created and entered into the AVM. Looks like many people\'s cases are now being either received/created though.

Let us know what you find out!

No Title

Hello Hydi

My I-140 was approved on 03/11 as well...category EB2-RIR. @ TSC...lets keep in touch about the case progression....actually I am currently in middle east and am not sure about the timings and some of the processes...anyway,i will keep you posted as well.

Cheers!

Misty

Misty,
    I spoke to the operator this morning.. My case hasnt reached the NVC mailroom as of this morning. Will keep all posted.

Rgds,
Krish

I am joining the fun! My I-140 got approved on 04/03/02, I know that this is

March approval\'s thread, but I did not want to create a new thread!!! for april approvals.

My details,
I-140 A/D: 04/03/02
NSC, EB2, CP consulate: Chennai, PCC already applied from chicago and received it on Jan 29th. I was jumping the gun, but my I-140 was delayed almost 2 months.

Can anyone shed light on, for how long PCC is valid?

Welcome RaviPK

Nice to have you on this board and look forward to your insights. I think the PCC is definitely valid for at least 6 months. On murthy.com there was an article in their bulletin about them complaining to Chennai consulate regarding the long time for Indian PCC. The consulate told them that they should apply "well in advance". So the usual 6 months will be extended. Logically if you don\'t enter the country after the issue of the PCC (except for interview) then it should be valid regardless of time.
my 2c worth.
Ben

what does this mean ??

if the AVM system reads back this message... what does this mean

"your petition is current. your adjustment of status was sent on March/22/2002"

does that mean NVC RCVD it or NVC created case ???

My Case is created..

Today I spoke to operator and found my case is created. Mine is chennai consulate.

Hi RaviPk, how are you buddy, Glad to see you, I know your 140 took so long time, welcome to the board.