Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

Urgent!

hi,
is that original passport is must for medical or they do accept some other id?if for some reason,i can't show my passport that same day,can i show them later and get my reports?
austin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks,

I picked up my med reports from Dr.D yesterday afternoon – she was free so chatted with her for a few minutes. She is a very pleasant person and seems very professional. I asked her how come doctors in Chennai and Mumbai give the reports in one day. She said that if we’d a 9 a.m. appt she could have given the report on next day @ 4:00. If there are and extra tests like the TB skin test or sputum test then it’ll take time.

The costs were Rs. 3100 for two of us that included a DT and MMR booster shot. The X-Ray clinic charges Rs200 per person and is very convenient to her office.

The doctor and x-rat folks see the passport a appt letter from p4.

The Kumar studio is also excellent – he knows what he’s doing and gives the photos cut to size and properly cropped. His charge is Rs 100 per person if picking up at normal time after 6, otherwise there is a Rs. 50 charge for 1 hour pick-up. So one can see how one is situated and pay accordingly.

One suggestion – I did Kumar and Dr. , X-ray and lab in one afternoon 4-6:30 on Saturday – this was possible because I had a car with driver.

I’ve got my papers ready for the 9:00 appt.

Cheers,

rjain

Stuck in Delhi -- name check issue

Hi,

We went for the interview today but have got stuck in Delhi – the papers and everything was in order and the officer approved the visa but they are doing another name check for any applicant who comes to Delhi from US!! Mine was done in April 16th in NVC but they need to do it again and I’ve to stay here. He said that this takes around 15-20 days but I can call after 10 days and if the name results come back I can walk in get the visa. This is a formality but obviously a pain. The officer was very apologetic and said that this is a new process which he has to do.

The rest of the stuff was routine – reached embassy @ 8:35 for a 9:00 appt, walked right in, called to submit docs @ 10 and interview @ 11:30. They are very strict @ courier so please factor that into your return – say 1 week for outside Delhi.

Rajeev

congratulations. Is this name check for everyone coming for interview? I have only 3 days after my interview and it is difficult to get more leave. I also arranged to have my kids stay back while i am in india. So if this is true I will be in a big mess!

Hey Rjain

Well good that you are done with atleast all the other requirements and I am sure name check will just be a temp delay. Could you also post some more details about the interview. kinda like documents requested etc. But thats an important piece of information that all NWD candidates should factor in with their travel plans. Now a lot of ppl are getting stuck in the name check.

Good luck and keep us posted.

has anybody been able to talk to
someone at ND embassy recently ?

I tried yesterday for about an hour
between 10 - 11 (IST)

I tried following nos.

i heard all sorts of tones
(phone ringing, engaged tone and a few other weird ones that
i have never heard)

but could not get thru.

any ideas on how this can be accomplished.

thanks

Rjain

It took 12 days after the interview date for an acquaintance of mine. This was last month. He (and his wife) took a nice little trip to Shimla in the meantime!

Enjoy while you are waiting!

miDelhi

Its really difficult to get hold of anyone there. I tried multiple times a cpl of weeks ago and no one ever replied and got all those wierd sounds too. I found email to be the quickest form of reply.

thanks njcpdel.

I am just cuirous to know when P4 will be mailed out.
I am leaving for india on july 24th.

I am trying to convince them to fax P4 to me.
have sent an email to them ...

miDelhi

I would suggest that if you can .. have someone pick it up for you. I got that done last week and I have the packet4 with me now. I am also leaving on July 24th and as everyone was saying that consulate might be mailing them sometime in the middle of July .. I just decided to be safe.

yep..sounds like i should do that...

do they need any id or stuff like that
from the person who is picking up the packet

or just the case number is good enough ?

I remember someone mentioning info window
on any working day between 2PM and 3PM is fine

thanks

no they dont need any ID. Just the case number and name.
and yeah I mentioned earlier in this thread that the IV queries are handled only between 2 & 3.

drak said:
It took 12 days after the interview date for an acquaintance of mine. This was last month. He (and his wife) took a nice little trip to Shimla in the meantime!

Enjoy while you are waiting!

Hi guys,

The docs reqd are the standard listed -- no surprises --
Us PCC
BC
Marriage Cert
Employment letter notarized
I-134 (notarised)
2003 tax form or transacript
W3 for 2003
front photo (from July 12th) + IV photo
(they recommend Rama studio in Bengali Market -- good for chaat) and another one near Malcha Marg next to Rajdoot Rest.
med reports -- no need to take x-rays (talked to 2 people - -Apollo gives report in 2 days but very efficient also).

Rjain

hi rjain,
read about your name check issue.i think no.of cases being stuck due to this are increasing now.anyways just few more days.all the best.
also i'm going for med.(at Dr.Dawesar)on coming tues.i'll be reaching delhi quite early in the morning.how should i go in for it by which i can complete all med and photo thing on same day?(like should i go for doc then xray/lab and then photos or some other way)do u think they'll be able to give my reports by next day evening?
thanks in advance.
austin.

austin316 said:
hi rjain,
read about your name check issue.i think no.of cases being stuck due to this are increasing now.anyways just few more days.all the best.
also i'm going for med.(at Dr.Dawesar)on coming tues.i'll be reaching delhi quite early in the morning.how should i go in for it by which i can complete all med and photo thing on same day?(like should i go for doc then xray/lab and then photos or some other way)do u think they'll be able to give my reports by next day evening?
thanks in advance.
austin.

Most probably if you get your med done in the morning slot, she should be able to give the reports next evening. Try to either have a car at your disposal or a day-cab as you'll be shunting between 3-4 places -- they're all nearby and very efficient.

Good luck,

rjain.

hi,
got my med done today and will be getting report on thurs.
Rjain,do we need some kind of stamp on appt.letter by doctor about med?read that in some earlier thread(not very recent one).
austin.

a quick question...

Is packet 4 mailed out to the lawyer or to the visa applicant (i.e. me)

I talked to someone at ND embassy last night and he confimed my interview date of august 2 and said that P4 has been mailed out to the lawyer

I am checking with my lawyer but just wanted to confirm if this
is what they usually do.
I have also asked them to mail another one out.

thanks

austin316 said:
hi,
got my med done today and will be getting report on thurs.
Rjain,do we need some kind of stamp on appt.letter by doctor about med?read that in some earlier thread(not very recent one).
austin.

Hi Austin,

The process @ Embassy is very simple, just keep your appt letter handy to show at the guard outside who'll check against his list and then need to give it to the guard @ the TT desk who'll give it to the desi officers. There's no stamp needed. Just be cool and keep your fingers crossed thatyou don't have the name check issue.

Good Luck.

Does anyone remember the phone # of the place in US where the name check is done --> would appreciate if someone could post the # -- I think that it's (202) or (212)

Rjain