Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

These are phone/fax numbers for name check:

FBI name check # 202-324-2399 (phone),
# 202-324-3367 (fax).

According to people on this board, the fax method works better and they reply
in 7-10 days.

drak said:
These are phone/fax numbers for name check:

FBI name check # 202-324-2399 (phone),
# 202-324-3367 (fax).

According to people on this board, the fax method works better and they reply
in 7-10 days.

Thanks will send it to my lawyer for follow up.

Rjain

Rjain,
I am not sure if you can be proactive on this part as it will be handled by the consulate and your consulate is already in this process so best will be to wait as you can hear from them any time.

Thanks

vm1214 said:
Rjain,
I am not sure if you can be proactive on this part as it will be handled by the consulate and your consulate is already in this process so best will be to wait as you can hear from them any time.

Thanks

Hi,

The biggest problem is getting an update from the consulate -- same story no one picks up the phone.....

rjain2

Rjain

For your own satisfaction, you can follow up with your lawyer. However, please understand that the name check can take upto 2 weeks. There are many instances where one went for a simple things such as a visa renewal (H-1, F-1, ... etc.) to a third country such as Mexico, Canada, UK etc. and got stuck for 2-3 weeks until the results came. Just wait-n-enjoy, buddy!

Pcc

PCC
Pls Advise ,
My wife studied in Delhi (Higher Secondary ) for 2 yrs ,
Do we need to get the PCC from Delhi too ? or getting the PCC from Chennai commisoner office is good enough ? Right now she is in Chennai. :confused: :confused: :confused:

a quick about returning passport via courier ...

Do they take money as cash or any other medium ?

thanks

MiDelhi said:
a quick about returning passport via courier ...

Do they take money as cash or any other medium ?

thanks

Cash (rs) seemed to be the way to go. After the interview, they give you a red receipt that you take to the TT counter and fill out a form and pay rs.400 per applicant in cash.

rjain

cool...

the confusion crept into my mind when i read that chennai accepts only DD

(maybe i should not read other threads)

wdcpost said:
PCC
Pls Advise ,
Do we need to get the PCC from Delhi too ? or getting the PCC from Chennai commisoner office is good enough ? Right now she is in Chennai. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Your query is answered in another thread.

sm_delhi

Pcc

sm_delhi said:

sm_delhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdcpost
PCC
Pls Advise ,
Do we need to get the PCC from Delhi too ? or getting the PCC from Chennai commisoner office is good enough ? Right now she is in Chennai.

sm_delhi
Hi thX FOR THE INPUT
how ever if i still would like to get the PCC from Delhi police for my wife ,will they accept if send copy of DS230 part 1 and some other proof which is indicating the purpose of requesting PCC etc... ?
Did any one tried to get like that? (i mean by post or by some other means if u r outside of delhi right now) IF U DID ,COULD U PLEASE POST MORE DETAIL LIKE HOW TO APPROACH ETC...
Appriciated

Name Check Follow-up

Hi,

Has anyone experience on how the name check got resolved – specifically how did they know that they are cleared to go back for the follow-up interview to the consulate. I’m stuck because no one picks up the phone and I’m not sure how one will get to know the status.

Rjain

wdcpost said:
Quote:
sm_delhi
Hi thX FOR THE INPUT
how ever if i still would like to get the PCC from Delhi police for my wife ,will they accept if send copy of DS230 part 1 and some other proof which is indicating the purpose of requesting PCC etc... ?
Did any one tried to get like that? (i mean by post or by some other means if u r outside of delhi right now) IF U DID ,COULD U PLEASE POST MORE DETAIL LIKE HOW TO APPROACH ETC...
Appriciated

I attached a copy of DS-2001 (downloaded from the net) along with the PCC application and that was enough for the Delhi police to accept the application.

The point to note here is that, in the PCC application form, it is clearly mentioned that Delhi police will only give the PCC if the person is staying in Delhi for the past one year continuously at the same place. The local police officer will come and verify this fact then only the PCC will be issued.

sm_delhi

September Interviews in Delhi

NVC has completed the review of my EB3 case and have forwarded the papers to NWD on 7/7/04. Are there any chances for me to get the interview scheduled in September itself? Please advice.

sm_delhi

Post interview follow-up @ Embassy

Folks,

I went to the US Embassy to follow up on my name check case; there’s some hope that it’ll be done soon, but I was quite astonished with the easy access to the officers for inquiry. I took a sheet of paper they’d given me after IV interview – showed it to the guard outside and to the entrance security. Thus within 3 minutes of arrival I was in the immigration hall. The guy inside told me to go to window 16 & 17 where they handle immigration inquiries; these windows are part of the windows where docs are collected in the morning.

I talked to an Indian officer and explained about my desperation as my return ticket is scheduled for tomorrow night and I’m required for client meetings on Monday. She told me to check tomorrow morning as they are working on the case.

Incidentally today the interviews seemed to be running extremely late; @ 2:30 the hall was packed so I’m sure people for the immigration today had their patience tested!!

rjain

Keeping My Fingers Crossed!!

hi rjain,
going for my interview tomorrow.hope everything goes well.just one thing,do we need to take xrays to consulate?
thanks.
austin.

sm_delhi said:
I attached a copy of DS-2001 (downloaded from the net) along with the PCC application and that was enough for the Delhi police to accept the application.

The point to note here is that, in the PCC application form, it is clearly mentioned that Delhi police will only give the PCC if the person is staying in Delhi for the past one year continuously at the same place. The local police officer will come and verify this fact then only the PCC will be issued.

sm_delhi

Thanks again,
I can download Ds-2001 but where could i get the PCC application ? Is that a Downloadable form ?or its a standard format that we can get it from somewhere ? :confused: :confused:

Rjain2 said:
Hi guys,

The docs reqd are the standard listed -- no surprises --
Us PCC
BC
Marriage Cert
Employment letter notarized
I-134 (notarised)
2003 tax form or transacript
W3 for 2003
front photo (from July 12th) + IV photo
(they recommend Rama studio in Bengali Market -- good for chaat) and another one near Malcha Marg next to Rajdoot Rest.
med reports -- no need to take x-rays (talked to 2 people - -Apollo gives report in 2 days but very efficient also).

Rjain

Drak

Mine is also AC-140. I think my lawyer is forwarding the case to New Delhi within a week.

I have 2 questions for you :-

1. How do you know the assigned case number from New Delhi?
2. Is there is any extra step/documentation required for AC-140 cases?

Thanks

drak said:
For your own satisfaction, you can follow up with your lawyer. However, please understand that the name check can take upto 2 weeks. There are many instances where one went for a simple things such as a visa renewal (H-1, F-1, ... etc.) to a third country such as Mexico, Canada, UK etc. and got stuck for 2-3 weeks until the results came. Just wait-n-enjoy, buddy!

my case is EB2 and i am preparing documents-my lawyer says i dont need form I 134. she also said that they already have DS230 part 1 so dont need to refill one. My husband is applying as my dependant. does this sound right?I will take copies of DS230 1