Likely Delhi Interview (July, August 2004)

seem to face a peculiar situation..My attorney was told that my interview is on July XY but my NWD no. was not posted..as per the attorney that is not very unusual and he still wants me to go ahead and go on the date..Have not received packet 4..embassy has not replied to my emails yet ..but is that a necessity or has some other special documents....attorney thinks the communication from the embassy will be proof enough..any thoughts...ideas...suggestions...

elector,
I don't know the background of your case like if you requested to postpone your interview date or ......

How did your attorney come to know your interview date ??

The best thing will be to call the ND and chase them till you get some answer.

Going on the day you attorney mentioned is not a bad idea but in case if you don't have interview on that day then you need to extend your vacation period till you get interviewed if don't elect to travel back and forth(US - India).

Thanks

hi rjain2,
just 2 weeks are left for my interview and haven't yet got my pkt4.i informed the same thing to embassy this week(tues)and they said they'll post another pkt4 at my address in India.
do u think it's better that i should send someone to handpick the documents?is that my name and case no is suficient or they ask for some proof?
also do all docs listed for ND med.take 2 days to give the report,i mean in BMB/CHEN they give on same day only?something different they do?
austin.

New Photo Reqts!

hi rjain,P_L AND SKB,
when is ND starting with new photo reqts?is it july 1?
what are u guys planning to do about it?hopefully the studio people have already got this info.
austin.

hi rjain,P_L,skb,
just read on ND site that new reqts will be effective from july 12 so i think we are safe.
austin.

Austin

I think if you can it would be really safe to have someone handpick your packet4. Anyone can go with your case # and name on the information window of the consulate and pick it up for you. But it has to be only between 2PM and 3Pm on a working day.

Folks,

I reached Delhi safely today morning and got the photos from Kumar Studio in South Ext and med, x-ray & path @ Dr. Dawesar's went very smoothly. Will get report on Tuesday.

Cheers,

Rjain

austin316 said:
hi rjain2,
just 2 weeks are left for my interview and haven't yet got my pkt4.i informed the same thing to embassy this week(tues)and they said they'll post another pkt4 at my address in India.
do u think it's better that i should send someone to handpick the documents?is that my name and case no is suficient or they ask for some proof?
also do all docs listed for ND med.take 2 days to give the report,i mean in BMB/CHEN they give on same day only?something different they do?
austin.

Hi Austin,

Without the P4 you cannnot get med done so it maybe best if you can send someone to the ND embassy to picku up your copy. It'll also confirm everything.

rjain

Rjain2 said:
Hi Austin,

Without the P4 you cannnot get med done so it maybe best if you can send someone to the ND embassy to picku up your copy. It'll also confirm everything.

{So you are almost ready to go....Best of Luck.

I hope you are talking only the appointment letter from the P4 and the not whole P4 ??? }

rjain

hi rjain,
so one step clear.did you get any vaccine shots?do post your experience at Dawesar's.
also,did you get new photos done or same previous ones for IV?
austin.

austin316 said:
hi rjain,
so one step clear.did you get any vaccine shots?do post your experience at Dawesar's.
also,did you get new photos done or same previous ones for IV?
austin.
Does anyone know?
At the time of interview the Last Name of the spouse in the passport should match the First name of the Primary applicant ?Is it good to have a annotaion in the passport ?will that be an issue if the name is different in the passport?

WDCPOST,

You don't need to have the same last names in your passport. We had our CP interview in May in Mumbai and both of us had different last names in our passport. It was not a issue at all. Infact I was even asked if I wanted to get my greencard with my husband's last name. I decided not to do it because it could have caused problems at POE as my passport would have a different name.

Ash

WDCPOST,

You don't need to have the same last names in your passport. We had our CP interview in May in Mumbai and both of us had different last names in our passport. It was not a issue at all. Infact I was even asked if I wanted to get my greencard with my husband's last name. I decided not to do it because it could have caused problems at POE as my passport would have a different name.

Ash

Hi Ash,
Thanks for the reply ,i agree most of the people says thats not an issue.However my case has been created using my name as last name (During I 824 application,and the case created in Chennai etc...) .So that's the reason i was thinking about that too much may be :) But here is an another example my Friend who went thru succeful interview, had the situtaion other way around every where he had his spouse father's name as last name but in passport he has his name as LastName ,looks like its really not a big deal :confused: Just curious about u r case.U had it different LastNmae in the passports but how about in the original application etc.. places ... ?
Thank you so much u r prevoius ans was really helpful.

Affidavit of Support

Hello Everyone,
I have a question in PK3 Affidavit of Support form.In the second page of the From it says.
I own Real estate Valued at $------------------------
With mortagage(s) or other encumbrance(s) there on amounting to $---------
I believe if i own a house here in USA then i need to Fill ,Did any one Fill these lines who own a Real estate.
Any idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
wdcpost said:
Hello Everyone,
I have a question in PK3 Affidavit of Support form.In the second page of the From it says.
I own Real estate Valued at $------------------------
With mortagage(s) or other encumbrance(s) there on amounting to $---------
I believe if i own a house here in USA then i need to Fill ,Did any one Fill these lines who own a Real estate.
Any idea?

It is your choice. Even if you own a property you can skip if you want to!

Raju

Raju595 said:

Raju
Thx for the response,
Will it afftect if I report ? or just they want to see can I support my spouse or not?
Thats what they are looking here?

Raju595 said:

Raju
But in general, if you have real-estate property it is better to go ahead and described it.

I-94 out of status for three days!!

Hi Guys,

My I-140 has been recently approved for consular processing. I am on L-1 visa which expired on 8th June 2004. I left for India to renew it on 12th June. I am back in U.S. after L1 renewal for one more year.

I just discovered that before leaving for India for visa renewal, I may have outstayed my previous I-94 by three days (which could have been until 8th June 2004). Since that I-94 was taken by airlines, and passport stamp doesnot have date, I am not sure. I don't have validity date of previous I-94. I travel overseas frequently on job so I have had four I-94 issued in last one year. I just don't remember the date of the last I-94.

Can any one tell me if my fear is true that I stayed on out of status for three days then is it big enough cause to get rejected in Consular processing interview??

FOr some reason, my other I-94 were also valid untild XXJune 2004 but for my wife and son they are until 2006 (the validity of NOA).

Is there a recourse for this mistake. This is sheer oversight and I am really worried. Can anybody help me?? I will really appreciate it.

Best Regards
Baldoor.

I-94 out of status for three days!! Is CP Safe??

Hi Guys,

My I-140 has been recently approved for consular processing. I am on L-1 visa which expired on 8th June 2004. I left for India to renew it on 12th June. I am back in U.S. after L1 renewal for one more year.

I just discovered that before leaving for India for visa renewal, I may have outstayed my previous I-94 by three days (which could have been until 8th June 2004). Since that I-94 was taken by airlines, and passport stamp doesnot have date, I am not sure. I don't have validity date of previous I-94. I travel overseas frequently on job so I have had four I-94 issued in last one year. I just don't remember the date of the last I-94.

Can any one tell me if my fear is true that I stayed on out of status for three days then is it big enough cause to get rejected in Consular processing interview??

FOr some reason, my other I-94 were also valid untild XXJune 2004 but for my wife and son they are until 2006 (the validity of NOA).

Is there a recourse for this mistake. This is sheer oversight and I am really worried. Can anybody help me?? I will really appreciate it.

Best Regards
Baldoor.