Lets start with Feb Filers

Well I'm back in the Feb-filers thread again. I know I don't really fit into the normal Feb-filer timeline because of the way my attorney butchered this case. Anyway, the fact remains that I started this process back in February, and tomorrow marks the ominous milestone of Day 200.

We are still waiting on the EAD to be approved. I am sure there won't be any further setbacks now, but the wait is a killer. Can anyone comment on my recent timeline and when I might expect to receive EAD approval? Nothing has happened in the last 2 months...

:(

Well I'm back in the Feb-filers thread again. I know I don't really fit into the normal Feb-filer timeline because of the way my attorney butchered this case. Anyway, the fact remains that I started this process back in February, and tomorrow marks the ominous milestone of Day 200.

We are still waiting on the EAD to be approved. I am sure there won't be any further setbacks now, but the wait is a killer. Can anyone comment on my recent timeline and when I might expect to receive EAD approval? Nothing has happened in the last 2 months...

:(

i hope your not gettin charged by your attorney, or atleast gettin a discount.

i hope your not gettin charged by your attorney, or atleast gettin a discount.

I wish. But I don't hold this against the attorney. I posted about this story a couple of months ago. He is now hospitalized with cancer, and he was just getting sick around the time when I started filing this case. I guess that explains the screw-ups. So anyway, I did not receive any discount and I paid full price, but I won't go demanding a refund given his current condition.

All I really want to know right now is how much longer I might expect to wait. All the requested evidence was received in mid-July and processing resumed at that time, so shouldn't I get the EAD approval notice any day now?

Think from a positive side. The delay makes your file eventually to end in different hand and by the grace of God to a hand that will give you a positive outcome.

Sometimes to win you must lose first.

God works in mysteries ways

Good luck

Interview update
Hubbykins & I were so excited, we spent the entire evening of Sept 10 preparing our paperwork, printing out our photos etc.
Next day, Interview day ... we got ready, and jumped in the car 45min early to get there on time, which we did. and as we were about to enter the building I noticed that hubby wasn't carrying the paperwork bundle, and he at the same time noticed that my hands too were empty!

but we were there, and I was determined that after such a long wait we would see how far we could go without it. We were asked what is my A-number for verification (so I called my sis who was at my home to give it to me, and then we were admitted to the waiting room)

We did the interview no problem. The lady was really nice and asked us all the regular questions that were on one of the forms, basically just to verify that we say the same things as are written on the form. She did not mind who answered what, and we were very calm and full of jokes.

Lucky we had our car / motorcycle / health insurance cards with us in our wallets, so the lady made copies of that for the supporting evidence.

but then because we didn't pictures and more evidence, she said that our file will be submitted for further review, and if they need more evidence we'll get a notice in the mail to ask for it.

Then she walked us out, and it was over. All in about 20 mins.

Hope all the last ones will go equally smooth. I also had 2 interviews this week, but I blew those. so I'm hoping for more interviews this week!

RC2, I also did my case through a lawyer, but most of the paperwork, if not all, is handled by the secretary.

In any case, I was in and out of RFE for no apparent reasons, but I think it was Feb08Filer that advised me to called the USCIS, and ask for expedited processing on EAD based on financial loss. I forget the exact wording used, it's in this thread for sure... I'll look at it later, but as soon as you say those words when speaking to someone... they will open up a ticket for an immigration officer to review your case and make a decision on that request... they told me to expect to wait 10 days for the decision... within 10 days, my EAD was approved with RFE pending... it took another 2 weeks before I got it in the mail. Hope that helps.

I'll start reading through the thread, but that would be awesome if you could direct me to the specific post.

for cestlavie104

im a january filer and i never posted on this forum. cestlavie ur post made me register so hopefully i can share my experience with u as we have exactly the same situation.

i filed early january and received my green card already . my lawyer told me that our situation is usually one of the easiest interviews. they just need to prove that our mother is our mother etc. i was quite nervous (paranoid) since i used 245i also but really my lawyer was right. the interview was a breeze. my mom was there (sponsor) with me (single daughter) and my two kids.

we were sworn in, the officer was extremely nice , said that she has reviewed our papers already and everything looks ok. asked my mom how she got her citizenship. asked if my mom was still at the same job. she asked what i did for a living . and asked my kids how they liked their school.

we had a one and a half hour scheduled interview for the three of us but we were out of there in 20 mins.

good luck to you. hope you have the same interview experience as mine. good luck to all the feb filers. you will all get your green cards soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
RC2 here is the post... and that actually was a reply to one of your messages!!!! :) You can also search this thread or others for the keyword "financial loss", some advise not to abuse this, but what's the worst that can happen? Them not granting you expedited service on your EAD?

I was wary too, but screw them. they're screwing us ALLLLL the time.

You call their 1-800 number ... then you press , 2,6,0 i believe. it should put you through to an operator.
you ask this person that you want to request an expedite processing for your EAD based on FINANCIAL LOSS .. or something like that. Read up on it, and they can also tell you, because your application has been dragging so long due to circumstances beyond your control. And you need to work!
Simple as that.

I have to cal lback to do it again it seems. Good luck to us both

janfiler.. thank you so much for the message... that actually cheered me up. Even though I know that most likely everything will be fine, the idea that it is an interview and that there is always a chance to be turned down just scares the hell out of me.

If they swear me in, I'll try to be sarcastic a little and tell them that it'd be the best birthday present to get my passport stamped so that I can go on a quick weekend getaway :) My bday is 3 days after the interview... and it's been agreed amongst my friends that the second I can leave the country, we're going to Canada... so let's hope it works out that way, otherwise, well I guess I'll have to wait for the card :)

Thanks, I guess I missed that the first time around. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Quick question though: Can I request expedited processing of my wife's case because of her financial loss, or does she need to make that request personally?

I'd have her call... safer bet... also you can also stress that it's been well over 90 days that your I765 has been filed... which can be your reasons for financial loss.

They will tell you when an officer will respond by. I would keep calling until someone nice enough hears your case and file that request. Feb08 coached me well on this one, and I didn't stop calling till I got the answer I wanted, but my request for expedited service on I765 was a one call thing. I was still within 90 days... so she gave me a little bit of a hard time, but as soon as I mentionned financial loss, she filed the request.

RC2, I checked my posts, on 6/11, I talked about the request being opened... and my timeline says 6/16 that my EAD was ordered... so don't wait!

Go for it RC2, No need to wait. Do all that Cestlavie said, it worked for us both and for those before us who coached me.

Recieved approval for I-485

However, the online status has not been updated

DO:Baltimore,MD
02.29.08 Mail I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765
03.18.08 Checks cashed
03.25.08 NoA's dated 03.18.08 ALL cases online
04.04.08 FP done
04.24.08 AP
05.20.08 EAD
07.29.08 IL
09.04.08 Interview
09.05.08 I-130 Approved (Letter received on 9/12/2008)
09.11.08 I-484 Approved (Letter received on 9/15/2008)

However, the online status has not been updated

DO:Baltimore,MD
02.29.08 Mail I-130, I-485, I-131, I-765
03.18.08 Checks cashed
03.25.08 NoA's dated 03.18.08 ALL cases online
04.04.08 FP done
04.24.08 AP
05.20.08 EAD
07.29.08 IL
09.04.08 Interview
09.05.08 I-130 Approved (Letter received on 9/12/2008)
09.11.08 I-484 Approved (Letter received on 9/15/2008)

Congratulation!!!!! Did you recieve a welcome letter or an approval notice or your GC? I too had my interview at the baltimore DO the last week of august- my I-130 was approved and not updated online...i just recieved it in the mail. So far i have not heard of my I-435.

Info on Interview and Welcome Letter

Our interview was on September 4, 2008. The lady who interviewed us was extremely nice. At the end of the interview, she told us that she was going to recommend that our case be approved but her supervisor had to do a final review. She did not take our AP or EAD documents.

We received the notice of approval for the I-130 about a week later and on September 15th we received the I-485 approval notice.
This is what the notice said:
-------------------------------------------------
Notice Date: September 11, 2008
Notice Type: Welcome Notice

Welcome to the United States

This is to notify you that your application for permanent residence has been approved.....

We will soon mail you a new Permanent Resident Card. You should receive it within the next 3 weeks....

------------------------------------------------
Hope this helps

Interview Letter

Praise to the Lord, my interview letter has finally come today. My wifey just called me about the news. Yay... I don't remember the exact date that she told me, I think it's October 20something. Now we need to start the preparation for the interview.

Be Faithful!

Praise to the Lord, my interview letter has finally come today. My wifey just called me about the news. Yay... I don't remember the exact date that she told me, I think it's October 20something. Now we need to start the preparation for the interview.

Be Faithful!

congrats, seattle is rolling, you are the second one ive heard of besides me in the last week or so. if funny though how you and the other one got it after me but your ID is before mine. :(

congrats superTD... but the IL is only the beginning.... you thought you were nervous before? wait for time to work its way up to that infamous interview date! :) Sorry... didn't mean to add to it... but figure I'd vent a little!