Lets start with Feb Filers

I wish you the greatest luck! you will do fine!

CSantos ... am I reading your signature correctly mate ?? Do you have your interview tomorrooooooowwww ????
OH WOW God is good to you!

Everybody, I'm still enjoying my visit with my family, so much that I haven't even read the boards in over a month!
Today my lovely Hubby wrote me to say that our interview letter also came, for the 11 Sept. WHOOOHOOOOO !
So I come back from almost 2 months with the family, and then start preparing for the interview! Oh what a good life.

Congrats on everybody who got their interview letters !! We're almost done.

Interview was scheduled at 1 PM. Reached there by 12:30. Around 1:10, officer came in and called for my name. I followed her with my wifey.

She had us took an oath and have us sitted.

Officer: I need your government issued ID, like driver's license
Us: We handed her our CA license

Officer while looking at license: How did you meet?
Me: Family arrangement, her so and so is related to my so and so and blah blah blah...

Officer: I see you are on H1 and work for uhwerxhreqwfdes
Me: Yes, that's correct

Officer: Did they also applied for your adjustment of status?
Me: Yes, they did

Officer: What happened to that file?
Me: It is stuck because of retrogression

Officer: When did you get married?
Me: Traditional pre-marriage ceremony on xx/yy/zz and court marriage ceremony on yy/xx/zz

Officer: Let me take a look at your passport
Me: Took out passport from file and handed it to her

Officer: Can I see those photographs (hmm, she sneaked in my folder)
Me: Sure, I handed her bunch of photographs from court ceremony

Officer: Who is this couple on photo?
Me: Our family friend from adfadwer frewqrqw adsfa

Officer: You don't have photographs from traditional ceremony?
Me: Yes, I do. (handed her different bunch of photographs)

Officer: Pointing at one photograph, what is this ceremony?
Me: Well, she is my mom and we are getting blessings from her. hmm, I have never seen her (mumbling, I also didn't know many traditions my wife had at her place :), so don't worry we are in same boat)

Officer: What is your DOB and address?
Me: aa/bb/cc, 999 adfa ae, adfadfewrqe, as-12345

Officer: Had you been out of United states after as/as/as?
Me: No

Officer: I have your temporary file with me, it's not main file.
Me: (wth, what does it mean? keep quite, ask your questions in last)

Officer: Is this first marriage for both of you?
Us: Yes

Officer: Any child, adopted or by any other means?
Us: No

Officer: Are you planning?
Me: Not in near future

Officer to my wife: How did you became permanent resident
Her: My so and so sponsered me, so I immigrated with my family

Then officer started asking Yes/No questions from 485 application, like were you ever convicted? ever deported??....

Officer: Have you ever denied visa to USA?
Me: Yes

Officer: (Got excited, I think she got atleast something unusual to listen to) Tell me more about that
Me: I was denied of student visa at adsfa consulate after my graduation

Officer: Do you know when?
Me: It was in abcd year, I forgot exact date but it is on last page of passport, consulate stamped it

Officer: (look at passport and noted down the date on application) Did they give any reason?
Me: I think it was cause 221, I don't know whether it was 221(g) or 221(b), I think it was (g) but not quite sure. It has been a long time

Officer: Have you ever claimed to be US Citizen?

Officer: Have you ever voted in any kind of election?

Officer: Your security cleareance is not cleared and this is temporary file so I can not make decision right now. I will make final decision once I receive your complete file
Me: Ok

Officer: (stampled something on 485 application) Please sign here
Me: (I signed it but didn't care to look at what was that stamp about)

Officer: (took out I-94 {damn, i didn't notice that} and handed me my passport) Do you have any questions?
Me: yes, what is temporary file? Isn't this the original application which I sent for AOS?

Officer: Yes, it is. But you have another AOS pending and it is with another processing officer
Me: So my first AOS application from Abc corp, is considered as Main application and subsequent AOS is temporary file?

Officer: Yes
Me: Ohh, I was under impression that during this interview you will have both files and I will have option to withdraw any one

Officer: No, you have to contact that service center to withdraw that file and have them forward that file to us
Me: Hmm. So was this interview satisfactory?

Officer: We don't grade fail/pass for the interview.
Me: What I meant was, do you require any other documentation or was this enough?

Officer: I think I had enough documentation and I can make decision based on that
Me: ok. What's the next step, what happens next?

Officer: Well, I will wait till I receive your main file from other service center and then I will make decision.
Me: What do you recommend for me

Officer: You can either withdraw this file or withdraw employment based file. If you want to withdraw this file then you can tell me right away and I can act on that but I am not giving legal advice
Me: I understand that

Officer: For withdrawing employment based file, you have to contact service center and submit withdrawl request. Have them forwarded your file to us
Me: Ok, I will talk to my HR and attorney. Can tell me if my name check and background check is finished?

Officer: All I can tell is your security clearance is not finished yet.

Officer: Do you have any other questions
Me: I think I am satisfied with your guidance

Officer walked us out to waiting room and we were confused how should we withdraw employment based file.

As soon as we came home around 4 PM on Friday (bad luck), I sent an email to my HR and EB-attorney giving details about my case and seeking for guidance about withdrawing EB-AOS. Haven't heard from them yet.

Called 800 USCIS number and talked to representative about how to withdraw pending application. She read out guidlines, they require, A# or Receipt number, and brief reason for withdrawl.

I asked about what's the processing time for withdrawl request. She said there is no defined time limit for that (ohh my god... save me)

Me: Where should I send withdrawl request
Rep: Send it to ABC Service Center

Me: What's the exact address. It has so many P.O.Box number
Rep: Well, you can send it to any P.O. Box. I should be taken care of

I think this has became more confusing.. Lets see how does this withdrawl of application goes...

feb08, I couldn't find the post, but were you the one that received this letter that a decision on your case will be made within 30-60 days?

inetuser, thank you thank you thank you for this incredibly detailed interview post.
I should copy it and email to myself lest it gets lost :)

We're holding thumbs for you mate, that the withdrawel process will be smooth. But having the H1 and all means your life wasn't so difficult. you've been working throughout, and in the end the GC is a formality for you, not a huge change in lifestyle.
None-theless, you've had a rather smooth process, and keep faith. These officers seem to have no inside communication about people's files, and each seems to be acting on their own. So it's just a matter of time.

Cestlavie, I don't remember right now what that letter was. I remember something about 60 days ... but I'm far far from home and from caring at this time. I think it was about the second RFE that I sent in. that they reserve 60 days to make a decision on my EAD from that time that they received my second RFE. well, I received the EAD rather quickly after that.

guys...

Our interview is tomorrow, please keep us in your prayers, only you people understand what we have to go through! but it is worth to be here with my babe, and the us has been great to us!

well tomorrow is the interview date, it will be held at 830am

this is what we have:

- joint bank acount
- joint savings account
- joint credit card
- joint AAA
- joint universal studios tickets
- joint energy bill
- joint rent agreement
- joint renter's insurance
- joint car insurance
- photos
- a couple of holiday cards
- student loans
- joint bills

and a lot a love for one another!

please pray for us, and i shall be here tomorrow with great news!!!

and a lot a love for one another!

Don't be too nervous and let your love show through to the interviewer....

When we did our AOS years back, the IO saw how we were holding hands, completing each others sentences, and joking with each other and the IO.

The IO was as down to earth as we were, and didn't ask us any questions of real significance.

We did overwhelm USCIS with 30+ pages of pictures, phone records, etc in the AOS app, not to mention another 30+ in the file from the K1 app... and he had all of it in a huge binder in front of him. Maybe that's why he didn't bother with questions...

In any case, other posters here can attest that a true relationship is pretty obvious, and usually flies through interviews with no problems... best of luck and relax....

-ML

K1 -> I-485 -> I-751 -> N-400

Now Filing I-130/I-485 for parent...

Thank you so much for your kind words!

I am pretty sure we will do great, is just that i always have this anxiety thing, like i had, for job interview, for my Nursing Entrance Test, for my Nursing interview, and for all the things that are important I guess...

But we have nothing to hide, and we love each other so...

I can't wait to come back here tomorrow and post the great news!

good luck csantos....could be the end of a long and stressful journey for you. atleast for a couple years.

Interview and Infopass

Hello!

csantos: I have always thought (and it seems to be confirmed by all the positive interview experiences) that a real couple is all it takes to go, successfully, through the interview. Do not be nervous: most of us "act" like married people even if we don't want to because we're used to our partner, and we know him/her, love him/her, share memories with him/her. You will be fine! And after putting together the endless package involved in this process I am sure we all have mastered the art/science of collecting evidence :D

js360: do you think it's time to request an infopass appointment? It has been a loooooong time since you received the EAD's. There are like 4 people I have seen in this forum from Seattle and none of us have IL's yet (but I can't count myself because it's been only 2 months since my EAD.) :cool:

Hello!

csantos: I have always thought (and it seems to be confirmed by all the positive interview experiences) that a real couple is all it takes to go, successfully, through the interview. Do not be nervous: most of us "act" like married people even if we don't want to because we're used to our partner, and we know him/her, love him/her, share memories with him/her. You will be fine! And after putting together the endless package involved in this process I am sure we all have mastered the art/science of collecting evidence :D

js360: do you think it's time to request an infopass appointment? It has been a loooooong time since you received the EAD's. There are like 4 people I have seen in this forum from Seattle and none of us have IL's yet (but I can't count myself because it's been only 2 months since my EAD.) :cool:

i would but i cant justify taking a day off work and driving an hour and a half to seattle for 5 minute info pass. if something comes up and i have to go to seattle anyways, i may try to schedule one for that day. but as long as we have ead and ap we are fine for now, although would just like to get it over with. but we are being patient, we know seattle is slow as hell and though it can be frustrating, not much we can do right now. and im affraid infopass will not reveal any real info.....so we will continue to wait, we have no problem crossin the border to canada with ap, and wife is workin with ead. so all is good for now.

Ead

i would but i cant justify taking a day off work and driving an hour and a half to seattle for 5 minute info pass. if something comes up and i have to go to seattle anyways, i may try to schedule one for that day. but as long as we have ead and ap we are fine for now, although would just like to get it over with. but we are being patient, we know seattle is slow as hell and though it can be frustrating, not much we can do right now. and im affraid infopass will not reveal any real info.....so we will continue to wait, we have no problem crossin the border to canada with ap, and wife is workin with ead. so all is good for now.

OK: I am sure that you will not get any info. but at least you could get them to look at the Seattle pile to see if they do something about it!!!! :D :D :D
I will try as soon as I hit the 90 days w/o activity mark. Sometime in mid-September....

On the AP: do they ask you for anything else other than passport and AP when you cross the border?

OK: I am sure that you will not get any info. but at least you could get them to look at the Seattle pile to see if they do something about it!!!! :D :D :D
I will try as soon as I hit the 90 days w/o activity mark. Sometime in mid-September....

On the AP: do they ask you for anything else other than passport and AP when you cross the border?

nope, we have nexus, so we go through nexus lane, show passport and ead. the first time you come back into the states using AP you have to go inside and get it stamped, took about 30minutes in total when it was not busy in the office at all. but after that you just show the border agent at the booth that it has been stamped.

Ap

nope, we have nexus, so we go through nexus lane, show passport and ead. the first time you come back into the states using AP you have to go inside and get it stamped, took about 30minutes in total when it was not busy in the office at all. but after that you just show the border agent at the booth that it has been stamped.

Thank you js360! I have tickets for a trip to India in december. I did not apply for AP because I have read in many posts that the fact that I have been out of status could risk my re-entry to the country. Where can I get accurate information on that? I was out of status and stayed out of status for a looooong time before I applied for my AOS. :confused:

P.S. I was hoping to get the G.C. (and not need the AP) faster...