Lets start with Feb Filers

Received IL for Aug 11th...Kinda disappointed with it....I wish it was after 4 months....Dont know how to delay it :(....It will be 2 yrs of our marriage after 4 months....

Lintas, perhaps you can try to say you planned on going to home country for a visit if you can possibly reschedule it ?
Worth a try, in your case later is truely better :):):)

Ok, so here's what I found out today. I did apply for them to put me as a resident, but you gotta love California. There is a reason why it has a world class economy.

1 year from the date of the GREENCARD, is when they are wiling to accept me as resident for tuition purposes. so until then, it's international/ out of state fees, which at Cali universities is the same amount.

I spoke to three different counselors in two different departments. 2=Internataional Office, 1=Graduate Office.

Oh well. Even cSantos is on international fees until he has his greencard in hand. at the very least after we have the PR we can get loans and grants and scholarships (which in my school have only $500 / year scholarships to internationals and then you have to pay taxes on that as income so you end up with what, $300 ? ) OR I can just work and earn good old fashioned money and not study at all for a while until I'm a CA resident.

Laws, state laws, city laws, federal laws. so many laws ... so many loopholes, so little guts to risk it

As predicted, the response to our 3rd Request for a duplicate of the ever so elusive RFE was a letter stating to allow up to 60 days for a decision on the I485. That should be good news!

The SSN arrived within a week. Thursday of last week... finally life starts!

Last edited by a moderator:
30 minute, very few questions interview with officer that had also received GC thru marriage.

seems as if everyone has gotten IL now, cept me and a few others. did you guys get any updates on line at all, like an LUD on your i485 or i130s or anything in recent time leading up to receiving IL???

js im in same boat... waiting for those 60 days now for them to give me decision on I485... I don't know what it means, but we'll see...

seems as if everyone has gotten IL now, cept me and a few others. did you guys get any updates on line at all, like an LUD on your i485 or i130s or anything in recent time leading up to receiving IL???

Take my IL....I would rather wait for 4 more months and get it done once for all :(

first time i think ive seen this thread jump to the second page, lol. just gettin us back on to the first. and sayin hey to all my people on this thread. were all in the home stretch, either waiting for IL or actual interview it self.

here's a question to all of you.... is there an interview for family based cases? and what does an interview, if any, would involve?

and hello to you too js.... feb08 how's life treating you?

Life is treating me fabulously thanks Cestlavie :)
I'm with my family, have managed in the past week to see perhaps 1/3 of them, but I'm here for 5 more weeks, so i'll manage them all. I'm undecided on whether or not to rent a car and just hit the road to see what my country looks like from a tourist's perspective.

How's life treating you and everybody else ? We are indeed in home stretch. Even me. AP brought me to my family, and EAD is waiting at home back in the states so I can work also. It's COLD here in Johannesburg, and I've picked up a nasty nasty cough, so now it sounds like i'm barking at my granny :D

For everybody who is still waiting for AP to see your families, I hope that your wait will be very short. It makes a world of difference to sit amongst your family members when you get news of any new developments.

studyng like crazy here!!! antomy and phisiology, with bio/organic chem and microbiology is just KILLING MEEEEEEEEE but i love it anyways !!!

lol!

thanks JS, it sure does feel good. You remember the feeling when you crossed teh border immediately after getting AP :)
cSantos, you're a hoot, Study hard pardner, it will be SOOOO worth it. You won't even begin to think how all the studies and different classes will change you and your future.

Hi guys,

congrats on your ID letters!

My interview is next Thursday (July 24). I am trying to put all paperwork and supporting documents together right now. I will let you know how it went!!!

Good luck to you all!!!