Lets start with Feb Filers

Question

We will be out of the country for 30 days beginning July 4th(Thanks to AP) , if there is a RFE, how many days do I have to respond?

DEAR GOD thank you for hearing me out! we now have IL!!!

interview is schweduled for the 12th of august

GOD IS AWESOME

Any help will be appreciated

We will be out of the country for 30 days beginning July 4th(Thanks to AP) , if there is a RFE, how many days do I have to respond? Is it more than 30 days or less than that - what happens if we do not answer in the specific time can we still answer it few days delayed?

congrats santos, you have been so positive and patient in your wait for you IL.....im happy for you. hope ours is next.

We will be out of the country for 30 days beginning July 4th(Thanks to AP) , if there is a RFE, how many days do I have to respond? Is it more than 30 days or less than that - what happens if we do not answer in the specific time can we still answer it few days delayed?

i believe you have 90 days to reply to RFEs

congrats santos! let's hope for green cards.... VERY VERY soon!

I made an infopass schedule for July 10th to get more info on the non-existant RFE... hopefully they will be able to tell me more than the online status but I think it will be a huge waste of time... we'll see.

but I have to admit, it is a lot less pressure to deal with now that I have the EAD in my hand, and waiting for the social security number to arrive.

Makes the green card process a lot less hectic and frustrating.

I had 80 days to respond to my last RFE. You'll be just FINE :)! Enjoy your Home Visit and don't think about immigration for 30 days!

I got my AP yesterday, and I've been hopping around like a little rubber ball on gatorade. Already booked my flights for Saturday morning, i'm so OUTA HERE !!! and then when I went today to pay my school tuition ... God sent me into the office of International Students where while I was waiting another student got his signed I-20. and then it hit me, I gotta get that thing signed PRONTO ! AP or not, if i come back and they want proof that I am indeed in good legal standing, I will have to produce that form.

What on earth is my status now . F1 or wanna be PR ? Such Limbo, I have to prepare all documents for all status.
But I'm happy again. Less angry at the USCIS.

So here it is. I get to visit my family for 2 months before I come back and have to start working and going back to school immediately. What a beautiful time it will be to find my own job again after all these years , have my own money again. not to mention the Huge relief for my hubby who took it all on himself for all these years.

cSantos, You are our inspiration and our solid rock. your unwavering belief in God and His goodness shines through you and onto us. Thank you for your unbeatable optimism!

Once you file for 485, you are no longer considered as Foreign student but rather domestic...Which means you can also get In state tuition and all.

I had 80 days to respond to my last RFE. You'll be just FINE :)! Enjoy your Home Visit and don't think about immigration for 30 days!

I got my AP yesterday, and I've been hopping around like a little rubber ball on gatorade. Already booked my flights for Saturday morning, i'm so OUTA HERE !!! and then when I went today to pay my school tuition ... God sent me into the office of International Students where while I was waiting another student got his signed I-20. and then it hit me, I gotta get that thing signed PRONTO ! AP or not, if i come back and they want proof that I am indeed in good legal standing, I will have to produce that form.

What on earth is my status now . F1 or wanna be PR ? Such Limbo, I have to prepare all documents for all status.
But I'm happy again. Less angry at the USCIS.

So here it is. I get to visit my family for 2 months before I come back and have to start working and going back to school immediately. What a beautiful time it will be to find my own job again after all these years , have my own money again. not to mention the Huge relief for my hubby who took it all on himself for all these years.

cSantos, You are our inspiration and our solid rock. your unwavering belief in God and His goodness shines through you and onto us. Thank you for your unbeatable optimism!

Well I am here to Support All of Us, and no matter who is against us they can hurt us but never overide our souls,

think this way, God is never to give what one not to handle!

we all are gonna be able in a few months look look back and say "phew than's God it is all behind us now" lock those files and just move on with normal life issues such as education, wife, work, vacation... just a regular day to day bustle!

there is still a good thing about this though, once we have to go through dificalt times, makes us appreciate things better! i am just so happy that i will be able to get my schollarship! and travel with "m'lady" and be able to concentrate on work/school...

Once you file for 485, you are no longer considered as Foreign student but rather domestic...Which means you can also get In state tuition and all.

Are you double sure of this ? because I just paid my $6,486 tuition today, and the counselor at my school sat with a straight face telling me how they consider me an F1. Of course they will, as a business they MUST try to maximize profits.
GEEEEZ.

So when I come back from my travels, I will need Only the AP and not the signed I-20 document ?? I was under the impression we need to Maintain Status while our I485 is in process. Another friend of mine in my school went through the same process and she had to stay in varsity as an F-1 until the day she got her greencard. She worked through a lawyer.

Are you double sure of this ? because I just paid my $6,486 tuition today, and the counselor at my school sat with a straight face telling me how they consider me an F1. Of course they will, as a business they MUST try to maximize profits.
GEEEEZ.

So when I come back from my travels, I will need Only the AP and not the signed I-20 document ?? I was under the impression we need to Maintain Status while our I485 is in process. Another friend of mine in my school went through the same process and she had to stay in varsity as an F-1 until the day she got her greencard. She worked through a lawyer.

I am in school too- your new staus is "Adjustee" HOWEVER the tuition rate you pay may not neccessarily be "in state".

There is international tuition (crazzzzzzzzy money), out of state (alot but not aas bad as international) and in state.

You can qualify for in state once you show that you have resided "within your state" for the last year or two years depending on your schoool. FEB08FILER they should NOT be charging you the international rates- they can however charge you OUT OF STATE if you do not fit their school specific criteria for in state tuition. At my school you you can file a request to be shifted from out of state to instate- it requires some documents (proof of residence within that state) but it can be done.

hope this helps :).

GEEEEZ.

I am sure...The counseller ripped you off....I recently applied for MBA. As I let my H1 expire and working on EAD, I asked them about my status for application. They asked me if I filed for 485 or not. If i did then I am domestic, if I did not then I am International. This is the case at University of Colorado which is a well known public university....