Legal Action Against DOL

Interested in taking a legal action against DOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A simple question to ask DOL

I am not a tech savvy person. But why do they have to re-enter into the computer the cases transferred from DOL /SWA offices to BECs? Can't they just import the files?

Also I am thinking of contacting a conservative radio talk show host, who interacts often with republicans on capital hill. Will it be useful?

Thanks.

meg_z said:
I am not a tech savvy person. But why do they have to re-enter into the computer the cases transferred from DOL /SWA offices to BECs? Can't they just import the files?

Also I am thinking of contacting a conservative radio talk show host, who interacts often with republicans on capital hill. Will it be useful?

Thanks.

Please Do so.,
any thing we do to get media attention is useful....

I am a regular visitor to this forum. Usually I have nothing to add. But I guess I will add to this one.

I will donate money to this cause whole-heartedly.

PD : NY - July 2002.

If DOL doesn't do anything about this nonsense, employers will face consequence in 2006/2007 when H1bs have to leave the country because many H1s waiting for labor will complete their 6 years in 2006/2007.

Hypothetically if all H1Bs takes day off on the same day, upper management can realize early enough, particualry dept. manager managing lot of h1s.

Please do not do it

And cause even more delays.

I have waited for this labour since May 2002 (nearly 3 years), I do not want another mess (created by us this time)

thx
ZB

any update on this ?

Anyone talked to a lawyer regarding this ? Read in the otherpost I think that there was a conference call with Mr. Rajiv Khanna today, any updates would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
No lawsuit please

Guys,

Lawsuit is a bad idea. It will take upto two years for the judge to reach a decision. By then most of us would have cleared LC. Instead appealing to DOL officials/senators/newsmedia might work. DOL is doing this because they know can get away with anything. OUr only hope is educating the US citizens and the senators about the gross injustice that is being carried out to us. One way of bringing our point across is advertise our case in a full page ad in national papers like washington post/NY times and wall street journal. This will definitely work. This government works only by lobbying and thats what we will have to do. I do not know the cost involved. But since there are thousands of us we should be able to afford it. Any takers???

Ok, I came up with an idea.

Lets' donate money and post advertisements on New York Times and Washington Post.

Do a one-page ad. on NY Times

Good idea. I'd like to donate money to draw attention to the undefendable practice of DOL... the BECs work very inefficiently.

Count me in too. I would like to donate money to fight for our basic right. I personally think lawsuit is a good idea.

Hi,

Lets get started!!!

First step, post advertisement on New Yok times and Washington post.

Who will make a draft?

How to donate money?

Let's get started!

First we will have to figure out the cost. I can call NY times on monday. Can anyone else get a quote from WSJ and washington post?