Legal Action Against DOL

Interested in taking a legal action against DOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gc_dude123

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible to take legal action against DOL for the pain we are going through. I can understand the reason for taking so long but its really unfair to keep us waiting and at the same time approve labor for the just filed PERM cases. I am thinking we have people who have been waiting for more than 3 years for labor. Can we atleast let them know whatever they are doing is unfair and they should finish the backlogged cases first before starting the PERM cases?

i have proposed this quite a number of times - Rajiv Khanna can take up our case - only thing to think about is whether it is too late now..but its worth getting our word across to the DOL ppl

My question is, if we can even take any action against them. If we can I think we should or atleast let them know of our intentions. Only then they would think about it. How to mobilise people for this cause?

I am ready to volunteer for this cause. Why dont we request the moderator of immigrationportal to send us the email addresses of all the forum members. We can send out an email detailing what we propose to do and may be we can file a class action law suit against DOL. Once we get a sizable number of replies, we can approach Rajiv Khanna for legal advice. We can may be setup an escrow account to which everybody can send their contributions. I dont think handing a petition to a local senator is going to help us. I think the only course of action is challenging DOL to change its processes, legally. What we are asking is pretty simple, process the applications filed since 1/2003 before processing the new ones. Even though we may not go to a trial stage, we can atleast attract the attention of the bigwigs at DOL and they might give it a thought. We have a right to vent our anger at whats being meted out to us. We are hardworking taxpayers helping American economy deserving a bit more respect.

Let me know if anybody else can volunteer and we can work on what our next steps should be. Please spread this out to everybody else. We can and we should make it HAPPEN.

I have sent a private message to the moderator of that thread asking him about the details on fund raising.

This is a really good step

I'm totally in for this...was thinking about it for a long time, I guess, its time to act...this is more productive than going to a message board and crying foul without doing anything about it. 100$ seems like a reasonable amount to me. For GC aspirants this backlog is one heck of a tsunami...screwing up too many lives.

Count on me too,

You should post this link for those that are in State level, there is a different tracker for them under Labor Certification. Some of them will be interested in this.

jdk98

It is too late now.. but some thing better..
I am in 8th year extension.. & totally worried about this labor..
If any thing comes fruitfull all will be happy..

Hi guys,
the chicago dol members will remember me,
I had moved to India after starting a thread to initiate a letter writing campaign for faster service.
If I may give a suggestion, though I am not interested in pursuing my labor app,
there is no point in fighting the department of labor,
the only hope now for those waiting since 2003 and 2002 is a humble appeal to dol officials,
preferably threw someone from the AILA or if that is too hard to get,
by Rajiv,
if we fille a case,
justice will eventually come,
but it will be of no use to those who have already suffered,
so try organizing a time and place to meet some dol officials,
and ask them to process cases on a first in first out basis,
they might concentrate resources for the earlier cases thus providing some justice for the longest waiters.
This might not be fair for the latest filers,
but for most eb3 apps,
retrogression will make labor approval useless anyway.
This is just my opinion,
so please ignore if you don't like it.
Best of luck.

I contributed for immigration portal FUND for Improvements in Immigration process even though I am only in pending labor certification process from last 2 years.,

I am ready to contribute money..